main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just one additional comment on my fight, even though I'm pretty sure Super-Skrull stomps:

Starting Point: Under the awning just outside of The Big W

"Due to the amount of water on Earth, Iceman has a virtually unlimited supply of moisture since it is always present in the surrounding air or environment. Even desert air has sufficient moisture content for him to make temporary practical use of; however, the mental effort needed to employ his mutant power under these circumstances could eventually fatigue him and render his freezing ability temporarily dysfunctional." - Iceman on Marvel Wiki

"One of the oldest planets, Oa serves as the home and headquarters of the Guardians of the Universe, who administer the Green Lantern Corps. Oa's star is called Sto-Oa (the "Light of Oa") by the children of the planet's inhabitants.

Oa appears to be mainly a desert-like, lifeless planet." - Oa on DC Wiki

Location fail. We're not on Earth. Iceman will still be able to use his powers, but not nearly as effectively. And Storm. Well, Storm can just keep sitting there listening to why toads who are struck by lightning who have Sue Storm's force fields will be able to turn her into paste...

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i've been sick and pretty much unwilling to actually think the last few days, or i'd have actually done something with this. hopefully i'll feel better tomorrow, and we can move this along.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Some leans.

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim)

Superboy / Red Devil vs. Powergirl
    PG, pretty strong

Wonder Girl / Miss Martian vs. Geo-Force TRUMPED with Victor/Vision
    Wonder-Martianettes

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Omega Red vs. Gorilla Grodd (prepared)
    Grodd

Cyclops/Jean Grey vs. Blastaar
    Cyc/Jean I guess, not sure

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Riders of the Storm (heels)

Hawkgirl/Hawkman vs. Wonder Man
    Wonder Man I think...

Red Tornado vs. Madelyne Pryor
    RT probably. Worst draw ever for Maddie in terms of powersets

Poor Communication Kills (EF)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Talisman (prepared) vs. Ms. Marvel
    Talisman

Plastic Man vs. Angela
    I don't really know. Maybe ugh Plastic Man

The Replacement Killers (dp4m)vs.Born Ready (whiteeagle)

MODOK (Prep) vs. War Machine
    MODOK

Super Skrull vs. Storm/Iceman
    Skrull I think, unless he has a copy of Sue's devastating coma-inducing fear of heights

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Telekinesis. Red Tornado go crunch like egg roll.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Red Tornado's got telekinesis too, but through wind power. He's also got an instant regenerative healing ability. Any damage done will get repaired instantly.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Yes, of course.

7. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wind power and TP aren't the same thing...

8. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I will try to get something up Thursday, but more likely Friday.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Aerokinesis is telekinesis through wind power isn't it?

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'd think that's control of air with your mind, like storm, not controlling the wind by using telekinesis to move it. telekinesis would do more than just the wind.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

Superboy / Red Devil vs. Powergirl
    Wonder Girl / Miss Martian vs. Geo-Force TRUMPED with Victor/Vision

Not as impressed with the Wonder Martianettes as Yak, apparently. But I do like me some Vision.

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Omega Red vs. Gorilla Grodd (prepared)
    Cyclops/Jean Grey vs. Blastaar

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) vs. Riders of the Storm (heels)

Hawkgirl/Hawkman vs. Wonder Man

Just not quite convinced Hawkgirl/man are there yet. Not on a consistent peak at least. One-shot in a comic? Sure, they've done it. But over an extended period of time to establish that as peak? I'm not seeing it.

Red Tornado vs. Madelyne Pryor

Jean? Yes. Maddie? no.

Poor Communication Kills (EF) vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Talisman (prepared) vs. Ms. Marvel
    Plastic Man vs. Angela

I think.

MODOK (Prep) vs. War Machine
    Super Skrull vs. Storm/Iceman

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah Yak what are you on man, Vision solos. Do I need to post scans for reals?

I see one unpopular call, maybe more that people are gonna derp derp about for sure but such is life. Didn't see any barn burners this round really, easier round.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i agree... but equally unsure on the PM/angela match... straight marvel angela, no, so i probably wouldn't go that way next draft since i suspect that's what she'll be.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    2-0 is a nice way to start. <3

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Match Day Six

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (2)
    The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) (1) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1) (1)
    Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) (1) vs. Riders of the Storm (heels) (1)
    Poor Communication Kills (EF) (1) vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) (1)
    The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (2) vs.Born Ready (whiteeagle)

Starting Point: Under the awning just outside of The Big W

[​IMG]

How about ONE number SE7EN?

She-Hulk vs. Victor/Vision (forfeit)
    Bullseye / Moonstone TRUMPED with Bishop / Psylocke (prepared) vs. Rachel Summers (Prepared)

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Shadow King
    Human Torch vs. Parasite

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Riders of the Storm (heels)

Ghost Rider vs. Pitt
    Enchantress (Prep) vs. Holocaust

Poor Communication Kills (EF)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Monica Rambeau vs. Doc Ock/Electro (prepared)
    Radioactive Man vs. Hector Hammond (prepared)

Ares vs. Machine Man
    Namor vs. Nightwing/Starfire

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't know much about Pitt or Holocaust, but I know Ghost Rider would be able to take down one Skrull. I don't know if penance stare would work since he's alien, but he really doesn't need it to win. He's got hellfire, his chain and pure strength to take him down. And surely with preparation, Enchantress can come up with something to take down Holocaust, since his powers are energy based, and Enchantress has spells to deal with that.

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The more pain inflicted on Pitt, the stronger he gets.

Holocaust is mass of energy in an exoskeleton. Whether or not TP affects him, I'm not sure.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Ares vs. Machine Man
    Namor vs. Nightwing/Starfire

Ares should have the first one somewhat easily, as Machine Man doesn't seem like anywhere near the level required to take out an Olympian who has been shown to stand up to Thor, Hulk, etc. and who can beat Hercules.

The second one is actually not as much of a slam dunk as one would think for Namor. He should still win, but location and Starfire make it probably not as easy as it would be elsewhere. However, her powerset doesn't seem much different than Human Torch and he defeats Johnny often and with ease. Nightwing is, um, an afterthought.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Pitt may get stronger with more pain, but how is he going to get stronger from deadly attacks with hellfire or a chain around his neck? Ghost Rider's already strong enough to take on Hulk and Thor as I've shown before, so Pitt would have to get the beating of his life to be able to put up a fight against him.

Holocaust is resistant to most telepathy, so if Enchantress wasn't prepared this would've been a problem. But with prep, I'm assuming she'll know which telepathic abilities he's not resistant to and use them.

20. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    A prepped trump can mean only one thing...simulation. Was going for the cheesy one liner reference from TPM but whatever.

Yeah so that prepped trump....that's beastly. Not too sure on that one, Rach may have just too much to handle.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    not sure if Monica is really in Otto's field, although I just spent a bit of time reading his recent history and it seems like Marvel boosted his intelligence a little bit before his death. I guess working together recently when he was pretending to be Peter might help him as well. I don't know what he could do though. I would be interested to know more.

Also not incredibly familiar with Hammond or why he has the prep. I guess the TP is a problem, I just don't know how powerful he is.

How powerful is Psylocke's TP? That match.

And there's no water in sight for Namor. That's interesting.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yep! Definitely. It's not like Namor's a slouch without water but it doesn't look like there's anywhere for him to replenish either. So it's really a matter of how drawn out the matches will be. With neither side prepared and with Firestar seemingly having a power-set closer to Human Torch than anything else he should still have it -- but it's a loooooooooooooooot closer than it would be otherwise.

And, again, because I love denigrating him: Nightwing is totally an afterthought.

23. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Except that she has better durability and strength than Johnny. So that's something anyway.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Right, but she also can learn new languages from direct contact with other people so I'm pretty sure she's gonna wanna learn Atlantean from Namor if ya know what I mean?!?

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Nightwing is right there.