main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    How we doin'?

Also, I kinda really want to see a Hector Hammond (prepared) vs. MODOK (prepared) fight. MODOK would win but it'd be a hugely fun Battle of the Giant Heads!

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    MODOK has not prepared for your extreme ugliness!

dp4m likes this.
  4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Leans...

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim)

She-Hulk vs. Victor/Vision (forfeit)
    Bullseye / Moonstone TRUMPED with Bishop / Psylocke (prepared) vs. Rachel Summers (Prepared)
    Trump

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Shadow King
    Drunk

Human Torch vs. Parasite
    Torch I think?

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Riders of the Storm (heels)

Ghost Rider vs. Pitt
    GR I think

Enchantress (Prep) vs. Holocaust
    Ugh this is hard... Enchantress can do so many things but Holocaust is so darn powerful...

Poor Communication Kills (EF)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Monica Rambeau vs. Doc Ock/Electro (prepared)
    Probably the prep

Radioactive Man vs. Hector Hammond (prepared)
    Hector maybe...

The Replacement Killers (dp4m)vs.Born Ready (whiteeagle)

Ares vs. Machine Man
    Tough. Very tough. Slightly leaning MM because he's very good vs purely physical guys and could use some of OA's stuff. But then maybe Ares could too... But probably not as efficiently?

Namor vs. Nightwing/Starfire
    Probably Namor since a typical fight doesn't last long enough to really drain him. But a H2H match between him and Star would be pretty epic. Nightwing is actually NEVER a non-factor, and he could probably do some stuff here. Probably still Namor?

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    How do you think Torch would win that? The only thing Torch can offer is thermal energy, Parasite can absorb almost all types of energy. As the fight goes all Torch is doing is feeding Parasite.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    MandaloreYak -- Yakkers, I'm curious your thoughts on the MM/Ares fight. As far as I am aware, MM doesn't have anything near that level of respect or victory in his arsenal and a) hasn't fought anyone with that level of durability, strength and resistance and b) doesn't actually have any weaponry that can actually harm Ares?

At least Ares and MM have something in common though: they were both ripped in half. However, it took Sentry to rip Ares in half, and just Sultan Magus in MM's case. :p

7. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Mika: I have to research Parasite.
    Dp: I have no idea who Sultan Magus is... I've seen MM do pretty well vs Hulk and show very quick healing, and he has way more variety obviously. It's a matter of whether he has the overt power. I have to look at this Sultan Magus... Thing...

8. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I dont know that I would necessarily use Ares being ripped in half by Sentry as really a good thing for Ares but I guess you could. I'm sure it's not just Sentry that can do it anyway.

Yeah I know Yak is high on Psylocke, she isn't exactly Rachel mentally but he loves her. Prep vs prep is hard plus they have numbers on Rach. I can see her prep giving her more ways to win than they would have to beat her with theirs honestly but I am likely alone. Her TK can stop anything they throw at her, she can make weapons and armor with her powers illusions, mind control all that stuff. Meh I won't burn over losing it since it is a double prep trump but I think she has a chance, especially vs an absent GM.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Chimmers, my point was more that the dude who ripped MM in half wasn't Sentry. lol. :D

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Starting Point: Under the awning just outside of The Big W

[​IMG]

How about ONE number SE7EN?

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim)

She-Hulk vs. Victor/Vision (forfeit)
    Bullseye / Moonstone TRUMPED with Bishop / Psylocke (prepared) vs. Rachel Summers (Prepared)

Sorry, chimmers. I see Rachel as just falling short here.

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Shadow King
    Human Torch vs. Parasite

With prep time, Tony should be able to make this a physical battle, not a mental one. That is a battle he wins. Meanwhile, Parasite is a terrible match-up for Torch.

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Riders of the Storm (heels)

Ghost Rider vs. Pitt
    Enchantress (Prep) vs. Holocaust

I think Ghost Rider falls behind because his plans A, B, and C don't work for him. He might be able to recover, but I don't see it happening. Maybe with Prep time. Meanwhile, I do think Holocause is exactly the kind of brute that Enchantress takes out.

Poor Communication Kills (EF)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Monica Rambeau vs. Doc Ock/Electro (prepared)
    Radioactive Man vs. Hector Hammond (prepared)

I'm willing to give Ock the benefit of the doubt here. Ditto for ugly head.

The Replacement Killers (dp4m)vs.Born Ready (whiteeagle)

Ares vs. Machine Man
    Namor vs. Nightwing/Starfire

Ares I think just has too much experience to lose this one. Namor, even without ready access to water should be fine.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh I've been looking at the wrong Pitt. I thought he was the Skrull, not the Creed one. Still, Ghost Rider's taken down Hulk and Thor, and I don't see how Pitt's any different. If he managers to destroy Ghost like Hulk did, which I doubt he will, then he'll just come back even stronger. I've already shown the scans where this happened.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    The thing is, there's no "coming back stronger" in the draft. Destroyed is match over. Being able to resurrect yourself is of no use.

heels1785 likes this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Fair enough. Well Pitt's strong, but Ghost Rider has been shown to be just as strong, if not stronger, because of all his impressive feats. Plus there's his penance stare, and since they start the battle so close to each other, that'd probably be the first thing he'd do.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Let's get some Agree or Disagree there? :p

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Sorry... I'm supposed to prepare something for this surprise retirement party my mom is planning for my dad and I'm way behind... I'll try to do some research... If you want I can give you the ones I'm sure about now. Disagreeing with at least 1 I think.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I suppose I could actually tag @trimaj, but I refuse to acknowledge his name change

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh hey. updates stopped coming in! -_-

umm... i'll have to look at it in a bit.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Ugh some tough matches here and not much research time but...

I'll agree on all except:
    Machine Man over Ares because I think MM is just strong enough and durable enough with his versatility to take out Ares in a close one because yes, Ares tends to job and is heavily one-dimensional in OA which MM should have the advantage in...

Holocaust over Enchantress because she doesn't tend to take the top hitters very well without a complete ambush, and I think he's going to be very hard to beat with her best stuff such as any sort of magical control and he'll resist her strongest attacks. Her best play is transmutation imo, and even then he is energy inside a shell, which to me makes it doubly hard. Mainly though, I like his track record vs top foes more than hers even when prepped, even though she has a real shot here and this one is really tough.

Ghost Rider over Pitt. He's the GHOST RIDER LOOK INTO HIS EYES

Tempted to give it to the Hawks but I guess not.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ares can't always job it, Yakkers. :p

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He is immune to Earthly-based gas! GAS!!!

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Right, but this would be Oa gas, not Earth gas.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Not from Machine Man! GAS!