main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Deathstroke doesn't need to find a weakness. He has the best armour and weaponry, including a promethium sword that could slice right through Steel. And the same goes for Slade, there's no weakness Steel can use against him, plus Slade has genius level intellect and is arguably the best assassin in the DC universe. With prep he comes up with the best and most efficient way to take down any opponent. Add Jericho with his possession ability and Steel's outmatched.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    And with prep, Steel develops the most effective tech to vaporize Slade, who at the end of the day, is a human. :)

We could do this all day, really. I'll let it sit. Kryptonite party for the first match, prepped Steel gadget and armor party for the second. Jordan, the floor is yours.

3. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Batman vs Superman is in no way open and shut. Not even close to swinging easily Batman's way.

4. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    but batman prep is kinda different than just batman walking around on the streets.

heels1785 likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The weaponry will only be good if he manages to get hits on Slade with it. Slade is skilled enough to escape from Superman, so dodging Steel's attacks shouldn't be a problem. Steel's going to need to get quite a few hits on him to get past his Nth metal armour and even then, Slade's skin is as strong as concrete. And Slade's a weaponry master, he's got guns, swords, bombs and anything else the world's best assassin needs. He even once defeated Supergirl with one of his swords, so I don't see why he couldn't do the same with Steel. I'll just leave it at that, because I don't wanna end up repeating myself too much.

For Zod, the only other thing I'll bring up is his military training, which makes him a much better fighter than Superman, as he doesn't just go in for the kill all the time. He's more efficient and has a tactical approach, so once he realises Batman and Catwoman have Kryptonite weapons he's going to think of the most efficient way to get rid of them.

6. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I have matches?!

EDIT: Well Magik is cut and dry for sure. The other match...I am not familiar with the Shag but Sasquatch seems a lot like him but my squatch is a genius, super strong, vicious, regeneration, super strong and durable. I will do some sniffing around the net and see what the rub is.

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

Correct. Facts, always getting in the way of clever one-liners. Speaking of which..

Batman has kryptonite. Batman has prep. Zod does not. Kryptonians start gasping and falling down around kryptonite. Batman should win the fight. That's all I've got.

Jordan, Zod is not a much better fighter than Superman, not remotely close. The characters aren't from Man of Steel. If they were, dp would be spending every waking moment crapping all over them.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I feel fairly confident saying

Shaggy
    Magik
    Polaris
    Maxima
    Batcat
    Steel
    Trump
    Metamorpho
    Pyms
    Bastion

9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    pretty agreed there.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That ... was a surprisingly quick round, if that's final?

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    5/6

Bishop / Psylocke (forfeit) vs. Moondragon
    Ikaris vs. SKAAR

Master Mold vs. Stryfe
    Polaris vs. Major Force

Sebastian Shaw vs. Kalibak
    Fin Fang Foom vs. Mandarin

Hercules vs. Darkhawk TRUMPED with Iron Fist/Luke Cage
    Hellstorm vs. Iron Fist/Luke Cage (forfeit)

Black Knight / Death's Head II vs. Black Panther (prep)
    Selene (Prep) vs. Havok

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Dammit, I was just about to get something up for Deathstroke and Jericho again. I just don't get him losing, considering he's got the same things as Steel, which are prepared weaponry, strength and intelligence, plus a whole lot more skills, tactics, experience taking down all the Justice League members and Jericho's help with his possession ability.

Sebastian Shaw vs. Kalibak. In an all out strength battle, Shaw is likely to win since every attack is just going to make him stronger.

Fin Fang Foom vs. Mandarin. That's more like it. Mandarin has already shown that he can't beat Foom on his own.

13. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    it's because the ways he's taken down the justice league are pretty major PIS in a lot of instances, and were only to build him up as a credible threat. they also didn't precisely... stick as it were, since he had to run as the surprise ran out.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Master Mold vs. Stryfe -- LOL@MM

Sebastian Shaw vs. Kalibak -- Ummmmm, wow. That's amazing. The Beta Club proooooooooooooobably makes it over, but I'm not 100% sure.
    Fin Fang Foom vs. Mandarin -- LOL@FFF

Hercules vs. Darkhawk TRUMPED with Iron Fist/Luke Cage -- Darkhawk keeps getting shafted on his matches...
    Hellstorm vs. Iron Fist/Luke Cage (forfeit)

Selene (Prep) vs. Havok -- LOL@Havok

Black Knight / Death's Head II vs. Black Panther (prep)
    This is actually a hugely interesting one. I'll have to give this one more thought. BK vs. BP one-on-one (without prep) would likely be somewhat even. BK vs. BP (with prep) would be a stomp. However, DH2 is better than both of them on normal days. I'm... not sure prep is enough to overcome that. I'll have to think more about this.

EDIT: Wow. If prepped, BP might have the Ebony Blade as well! That'll be interesting...

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Initial lean to Panther, FYI

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yeah, if he gets the EB while prepped that's a game-changer. Even without I'd need to think about it.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Why is Fin Fang Foom so funny? This fight's already happened. Iron Man and Mandarin couldn't beat him by themselves, so they had to join forces and even that took a lot of effort to take him down. With prep, Mandarin might be able to take it, but without it, it's just the same as before. Magic can only do so much.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Oh, I thought Mandarin had already smoked FFF prior.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Fin Fang Doom put Mandarin in his pants
    Mandarin decides to use disintegrator ring
    *nothing to disintegrate*
    *Mandarin confused*
    Fin Fang Room victory

heels1785 likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    #IntyTheater

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Inty, just so I know what I'm looking at -- does a prepped T'Challa get the Ebony Blade?

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I could see it. I'm not 100% convinced he should get it.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm inclined to say no since panther's gm isn't even the one that brought it up honestly.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I give the pants dragon a better chance than Seb Shaw. Kalibak may literally eat him. Because, as we all know, he's not that smart.

dp4m likes this.
  25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Seriously?!

Darkhawk just can't catch a break.

dp4m likes this.