main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    My point was showing her TK taking Mjolnir and Thor force no probs then tossing him away like a rag doll.

At least someone is thinking here. Well done Trimajio

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Torn on the Namor/Rachel match. I mean, great scan/feat for Rachel, but even if that's on context, end of the fight, and sustained peak Rachel, it's not peak for the woefully inconsistently written Thor, who acts like Sting far too often and loses to lesser opponents to give them cred.

So, yeah, probably Namor. But if EF or Durron were gming for Rachel, I'd go Rachel.

That trump has too much for Temugin. Hell, Vision might at peak.

Pym. I've seen legit tp residence, plus he has helmet tech, an understanding of tp, and is freaking genius. Plus, not sure why you hate on him. Boring? Best marriage in comic books!

MandaloreYak or Trimaj, can you post next matches? I'm at the airport

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    uh... boring was aimed at vision...

matches coming momentarily.

4. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    Match Day Four

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels)
    Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m)
    Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)
    The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF)
    Born Ready (whiteeagle)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Starting Point: Main Lobby, First Floor

[​IMG]

moving on to two and eight

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels)

Wonder Girl / Miss Martian vs. Killer Frost
    She-Hulk vs. Batman/Catwoman (prep)

Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m)

Power Girl vs. Bastion
    Magik (prep) vs. Black Knight / Death's Head II

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Deathstroke/Jericho (Prep) vs. Doc Ock/Electro (prepared)
    General Zod vs. Iron Fist/Luke Cage TRUMPED with Deadpool/Taskmaster

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF)

Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Monica Rambeau
    Omega Red vs. Radioactive Man

Born Ready (whiteeagle)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Machine Man vs. Blastaar
    War Machine vs. Parasite

args in 48, etc, etc

5. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Not too late. 2 and 8.

Meatbags (DarkEagle) (1) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels) (1)

Wonder Girl / Miss Martian vs. Killer Frost
    She-Hulk vs. Batman/Catwoman (prep)

Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (1) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (1)

Power Girl vs. Bastion

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) (1)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) (1)

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) (0) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF) (2)

Iron Man (Prepared) vs. Monica Rambeau
    Omega Red vs. Radioactive Man

Born Ready (whiteeagle) (1)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1) (1)

Machine Man vs. Blastaar
    War Machine vs. Parasite

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Ha. Ha ha ha. These matches are now worth double points.

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Deathstroke/Jericho (Prepared) vs. Doc Ock/Electro (Prepared)

Oh goodness...

One against four... Really? Zod just topples S.T.A.R. Labs on top of them all.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (1) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (1)

Power Girl vs. Bastion

Looks like a split. Terrible match for Magik, extremely favorable one for Power Girl -- though both are lucky those are not reversed.

Dane's sword absorbs all magical energy tossed his way. He's a better fighter than Illyana is. Even if DH2 just slows her down (which... really, he's no slouch, even with her being magically-prepped, he doesn't have a specific weakness there to exploit), there's just nothing she can do to him other than... fight him.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Chim really should bribe me to make the location Limbo sometime ...

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

We had one in Limbo during one I was participating in; I think that was one Yak won with an unprepped Strange! Because the power levels were so high, Illyana wasn't drafted (or maybe even eligible to draft).

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, this list comes directly from that one so she was eligible. Some things have changed though... She has more feats using her powers outside of limbo. She's pretty much a freak now.

No, Strange did not win.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The Great No One - just curious, what changed your mind on Kalibak vs. Shaggy Man? When Inty said he was leaning 'bak, you said you agreed, but then you voted with Yakster.

Radiation? She-Hulk? Prepped Bats has got an app for that.

Good matchup for Frost. Not sure how they can hurt her, but I'll look into it.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like the know the judges initial leans on the Deathstroke/Jericho vs. Doc Ock/Electro fight so I know how much of an argument I need to make. I've got endless feats ready to use for the Wilsons, and there's no way I'm letting my man Slade lose a fight. He's already beaten Master Mold and Blastaar so far, so I don't see why he couldn't beat these two. They have prep though, so that does make it quite a bit more challenging.

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    My lean is out a window at this point. I guess... Probably a SLIGHT edge without research, to Deathstroke based on his win% against strong characters. Although usually he's prepped and they're kinda not, which will minimize Jericho's effectiveness. It's really close and depends on what they're going to do to neutralize Electro, how the building is used, tons of stuff.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    just started thinking about how hard it is to actually put shaggy down. when i said i agreed with inty, i thought i said mostly... may not have. but that was before really thinking about anything, just initial reactions. those aren't always how i end up going, especially after i've taken time to think about them.

leaning towards deathstroke/jericho on that match jordan.

16. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Machine Man vs. Blastaar

Seems like Machine Man gets a clean win here eventually. I can see Blastaar doing a lot of damage, but not that would last long against MM.

War Machine vs. Parasite

This one seems to favor Parasite heavily. He can absorb pretty much any type of energy, which and all that War Machine brings to the table is massive firepower (which is really just kinetic energy). The more that WM throws at him the stronger Parasite would get, and without prep Rhodes really doesn't have any other options to use against him.

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    This ^^^

And honestly yeah she doesn't need Limbo and she uses the discs to take people unwilling there anyway so it'll go there. IT WILL GO THERE.

heels1785 likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    General Zod vs. Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Deadpool and Taskmaster

Well, this sure is interesting. Four very skilled fighters against a Kryptionian that could knock each of them out in one punch. I think this is a very bad match up for the group, and they'd completely own a lot of characters in this competition, but not someone of Zod's power. The four of them don't have a lot of powers and they all have to stay on the ground, where as Zod can fly and would be able to speed blitz them one by one, that's if they survive S.T.A.R. Labs being brought down on top of them. And if they somehow manage to survive the speed blitz, and by they, I mean Deadpool, as he'd be the only one with a chance, then Zod has his heat vision, freeze breath and pure strength to beat him with.

Iron Fist has peak human and enchanted abilities, plus a few other powers, like his Iron Fist punch, hypnotism, and energy absorption etc. Luke Cage has superhuman abilities and a regenerative healing factor. Deadpool has superhuman abilities, plus a pretty quick regenerative healing factor and a few other things. Taskmaster's only power is duplicating any physical act he sees.

None of their powers and abilities are going to effect, little alone defeat Zod, even combined. Iron Fist has some good powers that he could use against Zod, such as hypnotism and energy absorption, but that definitely won't stop him. Luke Cage can't do much, and his healing factor isn't fast enough to make a difference. Deadpool will probably be able to withstand some of his attacks and regenerate quickly while Zod fights the others, this is assuming they survive his initial attacks, but if Deadpool's the last one left, he's not gonna stand much of a chance. Taskmaster won't be able to duplicate any good moves, since all Zod does is punch and throw his opponents around, and Taskmaster can't duplicate Zod's powers, so there's not much he could do either.

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm sure had EF or Durron been GMing Magik ALL the matches would be in Limbo right Inty? Pfft. Anyway.....

I don't see why you're acting like Magik has lost this. I feel quite differently actually. I do think this is a tough match but she is prepped for it, she's going all out beast mode. And sure his sword absorbs magical energies but guess what? Her Soulsword doesn't care, it'll break that toothpick he has. It actually disrupts magical spells, properties and beings PERMANENTLY.

Mystic Right: The Soulsword is a physical manifestation of Magik’s magical powers as well as the limbo dimension she rules. As the Soulsword is the living embodiment of Illyana Rasputin, whomever owns the sword is considered to be the ruler of Limbo (Otherplace) just as Illyana once was. Only the ruler of Limbo can wield the sword and only the wielder of the sword can rule limbo.
    Strike the Supernatural: The Soulsword has been shown to only harm magical creatures or objects -- it rarely injures non-magical beings or items.
    Maim the Ethereal: Intangible and ethereal beings can also be struck, as Shadowcat painfully learned.
    Counter/Break Spell: When Magik uses the Soulsword to strike a person who is possessed, ensorcelled, or otherwise magically controlled or transformed the sword will be able to counter or break the spell.
    Stepping Disc Control: The Soulsword can be used to control Limbo's 'stepping discs.'
    Spell Sword: Jimaine has learned to 'draw' spells with the sword using the arcane symbols.
    Sword Summoning: Magik can store her Soulsword in nothingness and summon it whenever she desires.
    Summon Armor: It can also be used to summon a promethium battle armor around the wearer.
    Augment Magic: Any magic user who holds the Soulsword instantly has their mystic abilities augmented

That all taken from the Marvel wiki on her blade. Seems pretty useful against these two, especially Black Knight here, because any magical properties they have in weapons or armor (all) or spells, or defenses are gonna be ripped up. This sword allowed her to free herself from Belasco and it TORE a hole through Limbo. Now I know it wasn't Illyana that defeated Belasco but it WAS the Soulsword, just wielded by Amanda Sefton (another former ruler of Limbo). Illyana Magik is the original owner and creator of the blade since her soul made it. She is also a more powerful version of the same skill set Amanda used to defeat Belasco, so I would argue that any feats the Soulsword performs in part also apply to Magik. From my understanding any ruler of Limbo is privy to those powers Illyana is just far and away the best user and wielder of them. Hell even Mephisto is afraid of it.

From what I've been reading the only thing magical related that the blade cannot penetrate is her armor itself. It is living and reacting to magical properties around it, adding more to her magical attacks and defense as needed to the level of destroying magic itself. If we argued she would go all Darkchylde Demon Queen mode or take the fight to Limbo with prep (which she never gets in drafts which makes no sense since she does it for almost all of her fights that are significant whatever) then I think even physically she is stronger than these two combined, rivalling god-tier characters. She's taken shots from S'ym (physically the nastiest demon lord in Limbo, snapped a Wolvie claw off?) even after he was infected with the TO virus and amped up and kept fighting so her durability and magical armor and weaponry is off the charts.

Here is a great issue summary. Then even more on how it happened and what she does about it. A pretty good set of panels showing her ability to shatter enchantments, bye-bye Cytorrak cursed Colossus-naut. I was unaware of this abomination but a mix of Juggertauts and Colo makes for a nasty beast that tears around for a good bit of the AvX series apparently. She toys around with him for a while then reveals that she was able to remove the curse from the get go she just wanted to teach him a lesson. She is COLD BLOODED.

I think she is capable of too much. She teleports a lot, and not like from one end of the street to the other. Like, dimensionally from Earth to Limbo then the Moon. I know I posted the fight with her Black Widow previously so I won't again unless someone needs to seen it *cough* Yak*cough*. She teleports projectiles back at people too (bullets, CAPTAIN AMERICA'S SHIELD!), Blink style, so anything they come at her with she opens a portal right behind them or under them or over them or whatever, on each other even, and they are beating each other to death.

This is a great thread with lot's of good scans, old and new, of Illyana just wrecking. Even in younger and inexperienced days she had some great control over her powers and like any fine wine just got better with age. Interestingly enough she has some panels fighting Black Knight, Cap America and Thor at once, and taking it to them. As Thor says 'take her without hurting her' meaning they are probably holding back, but Black Knight seems concerned they are losing. Then later she is shown teleporting behind him while he's flying and tickling him. LOL Dark Knight is a sharp one! And she stole Caps shield, that's legit. Some interesting discussion of the spells and magic she has access to and apparently beat up Dr. Strange at some point. But really....

Oh and so she doesn't feel bad. POWERGIRL STOMPS 11/10. Your move sir.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, two things I agree with:

1) Powergirl stomps. (it's ruled Kryptonians are not "meta-humans" -- e.g. mutants -- correct?)
    2) If EF or Shurron were GMing Magik, all matches would be in Limbo.

Everything else? Less useful!

The Soulblade won't break the Ebony Blade; it won't even damage Dane or DH2 as it only damages magickal items. However, it only damages items -- and specifically says breaks enchantments -- but the Ebony Blade itself (created by Merlin) -- "It seems mostly immune to magical effects."

So it will absorb magickal attacks thrown at him (and if she uses other energy, it can reflect it back at her). He can fly, he's the best swordsman in the MU. And he can't die (yay Ebony Blade!). It will also cut through her armor (promethium, far far less than adamantium of any sort) like buttah, as you would say...

Aforementioned scans of BK throwing Zeus' own power back at him, being the best swordsman in the MU, etc. And yes, BK / Cap / Thor are holding back -- so what's the gain from the scan? :p

While, on the other hand, she's still got DH2 to deal with as well. Insane ranged powers, regeneration, one of the overall best fighters in the MU as well as someone who regularly beat up on Transformers, stood up mentally to Unicron's mind, traveled in time with Doctor Who (so if, for some reason, it's allowed to go via dimensional hopping -- he's prepared) and for whom all she has is tossing magic at him, which Dane can either absorb or take her down while distracted.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    mostly immune =/= completely immune.

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    ^ This. Merlin is a wizard, it's magical. Period. Pretty sure her dispelling GODS MAGIC (Cytorrak, Mephisto, Belasco, list goes on) is going to be more impressive than a 40 year old scan with a quote about something being 'mostly immune' to magic. I think it has what it takes.

Everyone on your team appears to be the best at being the best in the MU. Must be nice.

Her armor isn't metal, it's her soul. It's magic, mystic. Adamantium, titanium, unobtainium, your grandpa's straight razor, whatever it doesn't matter it isn't going through her armor. Nothing has.

Those things are very significant since everything he has is magical in nature, her blade will render it useless. His armor, shield, sword, what have you, bye bye.

As I said with her ability to open portals and reflect attacks back at her foes, if she can catch bullets with them and return fire I think she can't handle whatever Mr.Ugly face is throwing her way. I showed scans of her catching BK in mid-flight with her portals, she's that dead on. So whatever amount of flight or ranged attacks or how amazing of the best in the MU they are...ok great. She is prepared, knows what they are bringing to the table and exploits it.

Shall I go into detail on how she should handle DHII or are we good?

23. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'd appreciate all the argument I could get on that match.
    I also have a question for the commish... Does Magik get her post-AvX upgrade?

24. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Deathstroke's a great assassin. But Ock's a more brilliant scientist. For starters, once Ock preps against Jericho's abilities, what's he going to do? Deathstroke may be a pain, but there's Electro to help out. And Ock's made plenty of inventions that could help him take out Deathstroke.

Also, the location is STAR LABS. Ock is a scientist and Electro is pure energy. Prep + Location are in their favor. Whatever Ock needs, he literally has the access to. And Electro is right there to assist him.

Zod vs. trump.

Ha. I think these two are officially doing worse than Darkhawk now. Honestly not sure if Luke could survive Zod or not. Looking at who he's fought as an Avenger, it might be possible. Maybe Iron Fist's chi even helps. And Deadpool will survive because of healing. Without prep however, these four don't know how to take Zod down so I'm not arguing this match.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Deathstroke/Jericho (Prepared) vs. Doc Ock/Electro (Prepared)

Doc Ock and Electro could potentially be harder than Master Mold and Blastaar for Deathstroke and Jericho to take down, as Doc Ock is a genius and they have preparation, but it could be argued that Slade is more intelligent than Doc Ock, as he can use 90% of his brain, where as Doc Ock can probably only use above the average amount that a normal human can, which is 10%, as he hasn't got any enhanced abilities, so it's not possible to use that much of his brain. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just the idea that I get.

I didn't even know that Doc Ock became Spider-Man, so is he the original Doc Ock or the new Spider-Man in this competition? I'm just gonna guess it's the original Doc Ock. His only powers are his tentacles, which can do quite a lot and are powerful, but it's nothing Deathstroke can't handle. He could slice them clean off after a bit of a fight, especially since he gets his best weapons he has with prep. I don't know what Doc Ock and Electro would come up with in their prep time, as they're just gonna know Slade's one of the best fighters there is and has enhanced abilities, where as Doc Ock has his tentacles that Slade can come up with a plan to destroy. Whether it be explosives, or using his super human agility to dodge his attacks and take out one tentacle at a time.

Electro has a lot of electric powers and abilities, and Slade is gonna know and remember every single one of them. With prep, Slade will be able to come up with a way to get past these powers and abilities. Electro isn't actually that strong, Slade is physically stronger than him, so couldn't Slade just take him on in hand-to-hand combat? With his Nth armor and super human strength and durability, Electro isn't going to be able to hurt him that much. Slade's withstood an electric attack before, when Cheshire activated an attack with the circuits in his brain, that would've killed any normal human, but Slade only got an ache from it. It takes a lot to take down Slade, so I doubt super strong tentacles and electric attacks are going to stop him, let alone hurt him that badly. If Spider-Man can take them both down, I think Slade can do it even easier.

And let's not forget about Jericho, who is able to to enter someone else's body and control them when eye contact is made. Of course Doc Ock and Electro are going to know this with prep, but they're not gonna be able to fight with their eyes closed, and since Slade and Jericho are so agile and fast, surely the two of them would be able to make Doc Ock or Electro make eye contact with him, then Jericho will be able to use either one of them against the other, and Slade and Doc Ock vs. Electro or Slade and Electro vs. Doc Ock won't go down very well for them.

Yes, there's heaps of stuff in S.T.A.R. labs that Doc Ock and Electro could use, but I don't thinks the Wilson's are gonna just stand there while they start doing experiments, they'll have no chance trying to create something, as you have to find exactly what you need and then start creating it, plus then it actually has to work. The Wilson's don't need to make anything to beat them, they have their weapons and abilities, and that's all they need.