main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm sorry.

Puissant. GRE word!

2. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Trimaj, I'll make it easier on you. In agreeing with yak. Completely

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh hey. yak voted. how'd i miss that?

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    On mobile all day. Can one of you two post matches?

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I thought you'd make Ares/Skaar go to third judges! :(

6. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That one I debated quite a bit, actually

7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I say if one of the judges can't vote then Judge Dredd steps in and decides the winner.

8. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) (1) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels) (5)
    Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (4) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (2)
    Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) (5) vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) (1)
    The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) (1) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF) (5)
    Born Ready (whiteeagle) (2) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1) (4)

Starting Point: Main Lobby, First Floor

[​IMG]

And we finish off with 6. 1.

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels)

Ikaris vs. Wonder Man
    Bishop / Psylocke (prepared) vs. Pitt

Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m)

Sasquatch vs. Selene (Prep)

Moondragon (prep) vs. Super Skrull

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Captain Britain vs. Darkhawk

Fin Fang Foom vs. Nico/Wiccan (prepared)

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF)

Human Torch (forfeit) vs. Hercules

Polaris vs. Rocket Raccoon and Star-Lord (prepared)

Born Ready (whiteeagle)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Black Panther (prep) vs. Stryfe
    Nightwing/Starfire vs. Major Force

Arguments and stuffs. I got a job offer.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Congrats on the job offer.

Either Super Skrull wins because he resists her telepathy with his own mental resistance long enough to disrupt her concentration (at which point she can do... nothing) or he doesn't. I don't really think I need to argue the other match.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Hmm. Darkhawk might actually win this one. It may have been a while since I researched Brian, but I do remember most of what he's capable of. And with the gadgets on Darkhawk's suit, I think Chris might actually win this one.

And Nico/Wiccan can take Foom. In many, many different ways.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Captain Britain vs. Darkhawk

Darkhawk doesn't have enough to take Captain Britain, he out does him in pretty much everything. In Darkhawk's wiki page under powers, it says he has none, where as Britain has heaps of super human abilities, like super human strength, stamina and durability etc., which are all from the interdimensional energy conduit he has in his suit. He can also fly and create force fields, making it even harder to get a hit on him.

Then we get to weapons. Darkhawk has an amulet and android, which allows him to transfer his consciousness into an android body giving him super human abilities. But is he allowed to have this android with him without preparation? Even if he does, Britain's super human abilities would be too powerful for it, so without it, he wouldn't stand much of a chance. Having gadgets is good, but they're always better with preparation, as you know all about the opponent and can plan how to use the gadgets against them. So they're not going to be too useful in this battle.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Fin Fang Foom vs. Nico/Wiccan (Prepared)

You say that Nico and Wiccan can take Fin Fang Foom in many different ways, but it's the same the other way around. Together Nico and Wiccan have more to give, especially with preparation, but Foom has some impressive stuff to give too. Foom would be able to take either of these quite easily by himself, prepared or not. Iron Man, War Machine and Mandarin couldn't take him down by themselves, and Mandarin's magical powers are well beyond Nico and Wiccan's. So what does being prepared change? It'll give them more knowledge about him and know that his only weakness is and unidentified herbal leaf found only in China, but that won't help. The main thing that their preparation will help with is being able to come up with a spell to hurt Foom and counter his attacks, but this may be a problem because of Foom's super human abilities.

Foom won't be starting the battle inside S.T.A.R. Labs like everyone else, because he's bigger than the entire building. So do Nico and Wiccan still start inside? Because that could put them at a disadvantage. Either way, Foom would be knocking down buildings on top of them like it's nothing. Have Nico and Waccan been shown to withstand such things before? Because when you're starting a battle next to building that's smaller than you're opponent, you know it's not a good thing.

Looking at their stats, Nico's intelligence, strength, speed, durability and fighting skills are all very low, while her energy projection is the only high one. Wiccan's intelligence, strength, speed and fighting skills are also very low, while his durability and energy projection are good, but he can also teleport though, so his speed varies. So both of them are average overall, but that's because their powers are based on magic, so they don't really need to consider their other abilities. Foom's intelligence, energy projection and fighting skills are good, while his strength and durability are very good. His speed isn't so good while on ground, but it's very good when flying, so he's got everything to give, while Nico and Wiccan have to rely on their magic.

Foom has super human strength, stamina, durability and longevity, plus a regenerative healing factor, which is going to make it really difficult for Nico and Wiccan to hurt him, because he's just so strong. He's extremely resistant to injury and resistant to extreme heat and extreme cold, so their going to have to come up with some incredibly powerful magic, that is beyond that of the Mandarin's, to be able to hurt him, and eventually defeat him. I can see them possibly coming up with some magic to hurt him, but definitely not hurt him enough to defeat him, as he'd just let his regenerative healing kick in, then shake it off and continue to topple buildings on top of them. He can also fly in excess of the speed of sound, making it really difficult to get hits on him. Then on top of all that, there's his acid mist that he can channel into powerful blasts. So I can say that Foom can also take Nico and Wiccan in many, many different ways.

13. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    First Foom: Mandarin's magic is essentially alien tech. Where Wiccan literally manipulates reality and Nico uses a magical staff.
    For example: Nico could turn Foom into a fish. Wiccan could trap him. And those are the nonlethal options. They can certainly go lethal as well. When we talk magic here, we're talking about someone who alters reality. Any presumption that Foom can escape that because he flies is silly when these two can fly and teleport just as fast. Additionally they have excellent defense with the ability to turn invisible or otherwise cloak themselves.

Darkhawk next. First, I think you're looking at Darkhawk before his most recent upgrade. Darkhawk hangs with cosmic level players like Nova, Beta-Ray Bill, Gladiator, Ronan and Silver Surfer. That alone is worth keeping in mind. He's handling cosmic level threats with these guys. He gives Nova quite a bit of trouble at first. I'll get some scans up shortly, but there are a lot on comicvine I believe.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Okay, I lied (though I maintain that my scans are having the negative effect this match so I'm loathe to post them... :p). I found relevant scans:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Why yes, now that you ask -- that IS a prepared Moondragon needing also a prepared Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel to bring down Super Skrull. No, that's totally not her able to get the job done on her own...

(for EF, apparently CM Vol 3 #10?)

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    ok... i'm now single. so i may need a bit of time to really care about... things for a bit.

just consider it extra time to get arguments in or whatever.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Boooooooooo. :(

Sorry, duder...

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Darkhawk may hang around with cosmic level characters, but is he as powerful as they are? Captain Britain could give them all a good fight, considering how powerful he's shown to be. I don't think he could defeat the cosmics, but that goes the same for Darkhawk.

Cyclops' blasts do nothing to him. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads..._07excalibur_vs__the_x_men_10_super_super.jpg

Thor, Ms. Marvel, Beast, Protector, War Machine, Valkyrie and Vision could not defeat the Phoenix Force together, so Captain Britain attempted to take it on by himself and failed. Then he took on the Phoenix Force again, and was able to get right up close and hold it back by himself, but Captain Marvel pulled him away before Britain could attack. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111115588/3225875-cb5.jpg

He counters Juggernaut's ambush and throws him down like it was nothing. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/37526/1514489-new_excalibur_06_06.jpg

Surely someone who can take on the Phoenix Force and throw Juggernaut down can defeat Darkhawk. I can get some more scans up of his feats if needed.

18. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Dang, Darkhawk's pretty cool. But I just don't see a lot of his strength being shown, unlike Captain Britain. Fighting Nova is good, but not as impressive as the opponents Britain's faced before, like the Phoenix Force and Juggernaut. Look at Britain's official stats here. He has 7/7 for everything. I know these stats aren't always completely accurate, but they're certainly not wrong. http://marvel.com/universe/Captain_Britain_(Brian_Braddock)

Back to Fin Fang Foom, I've said how he could get past Nico and Wiccan's magic, because of his strength, speed, durability, regenerative healing and acid mist, but I'd like to know how Nico and Wiccan can get past all of that, plus how they're going to avoid all of the buildings being toppled on top of them. Is the Mandarin's magic alien tech and does it even matter? Each of his ten rings possesses a different power, and none of them managed to stop Foom. Is their magic as powerful as Mandarin and Iron Man combined? Because that's what it took to take him down. Just look at his size, as sometimes that effects how much damage can be made.

[​IMG]

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Captain Britain is not 7/7 for any category, I believe, let alone all of them. :p

The Wiki had other official stats and oddly doesn't list the Marvel.com ones.

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

The short answer is: Yes. Wiccan is the future sorcerer supreme. Son of the Scarlet "No More Mutants" Witch. And Nico just recently brought herself back from the dead. You're talking about two sorcerers with the ability to manipulate time and space. To alter the very fabric of reality. What good is Foom's speed and size when these two can alter both? Or alter their own to match? Nico can give herself wings so what's to stop her from making herself into a giant? Or for Billy to do the same? Or to simply teleport close to Foom. Truthfully, Wiccan alone can take Foom with prep. Nico just seals the deal.

And I had Britain in the first draft. He's definitely not a 7/7. Darkhawk's got enough to beat him. Wouldn't waste time arguing if he didn't. Especially since his upgrade, he can take down Brian.

22. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    If you think Britian is 7/7 in strength and durability you should see him against a drunken Thor without his hammer. More like a 4/7.

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't think his strength and his other stats is 7/7, I was just going with what the wiki said. But like I said it's often not completely accurate, but it's not completely wrong either.

24. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I can't remember what powers Skrull gets but I don't think physical altercation is how she would win anyway. Her telepathy is way beyond anything similar he has. Now I can't recall if Sue has powers to resist telepathy or what. I seem to remember something from the Onslaught arc when she used her shields to block him from telepathically killing all the Avengers simultaneously. Granted she was helped heavily by a lot of different people, including telepaths, to accomplish this. Moondragon isn't Onslaught obviously but SS isn't Sue and amped by every marvel telepath either. Idunno just saying.

Prepped Moonie should take this 7/10 easy.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yeah, a lot of the problem is that he rarely fights TPers, as we had the last time. Sue's shields will stop Psi-Lord and SS has mental powers of his own (apparently pretty decent ones), but realistically he wouldn't stand up to her in a prolonged TP battle.

However, the scans I posted above had a prepped Moondragon, SS and Captain Marvel being required to take him down (and she wasn't getting it done on her own). Whether that will hold water, I can't say.

Certainly I thought I should win the Magik fight at least so nothing I'm posting seems to help... lol...

I will say though: MD (prepped) vs. Selene (prepped) would have been potentially an argument to end all arguments! <3