main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol that's not what I meant. They've both shown to be really good and hold their own against someone of Wonder Man's level, so having two of them means it's gonna be a lot harder to take them down.

I just looked through Hawkman's New 52 respect thread, and he's put up fights against Lobo, Blockbuster and Shaggy Man. He fought Aquaman and Wonder Woman very briefly in a team fight. He also took a hit from Wonder Woman another time and it didn't do much. He's been stabbed and hurt a lot, but still managed to get up and continue fighting. And this is just for one version of Hawkman. If anyone needs to see any of those scans I can put them up, but I'll try find some other stuff later for Hawkgirl and other versions Hawkman.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Here is Wonder Man's Respect thread, I believe most of it was cited in the first round.

Highlights include stalemating Hulk and crushing Ultron's adamantium skull. You show me strength feats for Hawkman and Hawkgirl that come close to that, and I'll concede it.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    If Hawkman gets the Claw of Horus without prep, then they've won, since he took down Superman in one punch with it, but I think it only comes with prep.

Apart from going toe-to-toe with Lobo, who's beaten Superman before. Here's just two of the first ones that I found, so I'm sure there's plenty more.

He owns Blockbuster here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He loses to Black Adam, but does put up a good fight, then gets straight back up after being dropped from quite a height.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's some more stuff. Hawkman was able to make Despero bleed with one hit from his mace, when Superman and the Justice League couldn't. Despero should certainly be on the same level or even stronger than Hulk and Ultron. So if he can make him bleed with one hit, imagine what he could do to Wonder Man.

[​IMG]

He broke out of a Green Lantern construct with ease.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And he survived a fall from space. He can take seriously hard hits and just get back up and keep fighting. And now that he has his Nth armour, he's even more durable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Despero's skin is not made of ademantium.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Neither is Wonder Man's. But the only one out of the Justice League that was able to make Despero bleed was Hawkman, which is saying something.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I was referring to Ultron, who is, and whose skull WM crushes with his bare hands.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, he got one hit in and was then totally incapacitated? That's not exactly a strong showing... :p

Realistically, Wonder Man is the tier below Superman, Sentry, Thor, Hulk -- because he's as strong, but potentially not as durable (slightly). Kinda the same tier as Ares, though Yakkers thinks he's a jobber!

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah that's really impressive and all, considering Thor's hammer couldn't scratch Ultron, but if Hawkman's mace can do that to Despero who is a lot stronger than Wonder Man, then imagine what his and Hawkgirl's can do to Wonder Man. The battle starts 6 feet apart, so they'll just go for it straight away, and Wonder Man's gonna have a hard time trying to block two mace's that're that powerful.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    What if Wonder Man hits them first? :)

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Well, both of them? They've both taken really hard hits before, they'll be alright, especially in their Nth armour.

I just thought of something else. When Hawkman owned Blockbuster, it was because he was going to hurt someone he cared for, and who does he care for more than anyone? Hawkgirl. Can you imagine what he'd try and do to Wonder Man if he were to hurt Hawkgirl? He'd go all out and do anything to defeat him.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    And Wonder Man would crush his skull when he tried.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    If he can catch him. Look how fast Hawkman is. Quite a few of the opponents he's faced could've crushed his skull, but they didn't manage to. What makes Wonder Man any different?

[​IMG]

And here's another feat I found of Hawkman beating Aquaman.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yay alerts not happening... will read stuff later i suppose. just not right now.

15. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I wish we had bigger pictures.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I wish I had some pancakes.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Technically, neither was the Ultron who WM crushed.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    All I can find on Ultron-11 is that he was not "grade A" adamantium, and I don't know what the hell that means. Every other writeup on him suggests he was built out of the same material that every Ultron has been.

Anyway. Grade A or not, he's strong enough to punch a hole in both of these cats. Not actual cats of course. He took shots from Sentry and Hulk, and stalemated Hulk - none of the feats shown for the Hawk twins come close to that. Also, who is Blockbuster?

And here's a picture of Wonder Man strongly holding Thor's hammer, completely out of context. Check the respect thread, I've said my piece.

[​IMG]

19. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    peace*

heels1785 likes this.
  20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Blockbuster is like a DC version of Hulk, but not as strong. It took the Young Justice League with Superboy to take him down, but it took a lot of work. Hawkman takes him out with ease and sends him flying with one punch.

Hawkman and Hawkgirl are not as strong as Wonder Man, probably not even combined, but their weapons are. Plus they've got better fighting skills. Often it doesn't matter who's stronger, but who's the better fighter, and that would go to the Hawks, as we've seen with Hawkman's feats. Because there's no way Hawkman is on the same level as Aquaman, Black Adam, Lobo and Blockbuster, but he still manages to put up fights and beat some of them. So combine their strength, weaponry and fighting skills, and Wonder Man's got a tough fight.

23. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The wonder man thin has been brought up before. Secondary adamantium. I'd post more but this is my phone.

24. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Yep, huge difference between true adamantium and secondary adamantium.

"Adamantium is extraordinarily expensive to produce, Therefore, certain parties who wish to use adamantium on a large scale have resorted to utilizing a similar, but somewhat weaker compound similar to True Adamantium called Secondary Adamantium. Although Secondary Adamantium is still far stronger than even titanium steel, it can be destroyed by sufficiently great amounts of force. Blastaar's energy discharges and the vibratory force created by the Overkill Horn have both proved able to destroy Secondary Adamantium, although they would probably have little or no effect on True Adamantium. The sentient computer known as F.A.U.S.T. had a casing made of Secondary Adamantium, and the factory which housed it was also constructed to a large extent of Secondary Adamantium; both have been destroyed. The Red Skull and the Hate-Monger had a dome of Secondary Adamantium constructed to protect their Island fortress; the dome was destroyed by the Overkill Horn and by powerful incendiary bombs."

From ComicVine

25. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I win my matches because my characters are better than their opponents.