main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Dp - I'll site some specific panther feats when I'm off mobile. He's got some good wins.

And, yeah, my bad on the Hercules fight. Not sure if I misread it or what I was thinking

dp4m likes this.
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    C'mon, give Shaw that battle over Kalibak. He's way more intelligent and tactical, and as soon as Kalibak throws a punch it's an even fight, until Kalibak throws a second punch and then Shaw's even stronger than him. Kalibak then throws a third punch and maybe a few more before he realizes Shaw keeps getting stronger, then he goes to use his club but it's too late. Some blasts from a club ain't gonna make him unable to fight, if anything he'll absorb those blasts and become even stronger.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    A bit simplistic, perhaps? And how did you go from not knowing whether or not the nerve affects of the beta club would be sustainable by Shaw in your last post to suddenly, absolutely convinced?

If we think that the pants dragon can outmaneuver Mandarin, I'm okay with that.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Clearly Shaw is your Darkhawk. :p

dp4m likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about the force blasts. The nerve effects will still be a problem, but I don't think Kalibak will go straight to using his club until Shaw's already too powerful, and it'll only take a a few punches for that to happen since Kalibak's pretty strong. And Shaw's a good fighter, so he should be able to dodge those blasts if it gets to that.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I already theatered that one. I don't flop on theaters.

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  7. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    dp4m

I'm running on fumes right now, but here are some of the high-end feats for Panther that have me going his way. I realize a single scan out of context doesn't tell the full story, but it's all I got right now.

Vs. Mephisto (semi depowered):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Namor:

[​IMG]

And a Bear (Dwight Schrute would be impressed):

[​IMG]

Classic Panther also has him (temporarily) defeating the entire Fantastic Four (although, that does go down hill for him in the end), and trading punches with just about every Avenger.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Right, that fight with Namor doesn't end well for him either (less so his sister later on) and the polar bear thing... really? :p

The Mephisto one is interesting (and you're right, without context) but again it's entirely hand-to-hand.

I totally know he's a great fighter and can trade blows with Thor-level (or WWH level) -- he'll lose but then again so will everyone else in the draft, so that's not held against him. But, so can Dane -- just in terms of holding BP off, while DH2 can, basically, incinerate him. Again, I'm just not seeing -- either from Wiki or looking online -- what BP's going to do to someone who is a 100-tonner, can heal himself insanely well, and who breaks Wolverine's claw rather than be damaged to begin with -- along with ranged abilities.

I mean, again -- I'm less fussed because this doesn't affect me winning the overall match, but still everything I see about him puts him first and foremost as a h2h fighter above all, with everything else a close second. This would be similar to "what would happen if he fought Ares or Hercules?"

9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Sorry guys. Where I'm living now I have no net so it's pretty spotty for me here (and my computer sux for that anyway). Watching a friend's house today so I have some connection if I keep the comp like 6 inches from the router. Hoping to review and get some judgments in.

10. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    whee... stupid boards not alerting me anymore. i'll look things over and get stuff up tomorrow. been out of pocket rather badly this week due to sleeping at a fireworks tent. only one more night of that.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Bishop / Psylocke (forfeit) vs. Moondragon

Ikaris vs. SKAAR
    SKAAR because his name is in all caps

Master Mold vs. Stryfe
    Stryfe

Polaris vs. Major Force
    Major Force

Sebastian Shaw vs. Kalibak
    So it basically comes down to how quickly Kalibak uses the club. He doesn't seem quite AS dumb as he is in the cartoons but will he figure out Shaw's power if Shaw doesn't tell him? I mean, Shaw will at some point, probably quickly... It really comes down to that, and the environment, which doesn't seem to favor either guy. I guess probably Shaw would acquire enough to beat Kalibak or withstand the club before the club is used to beat him. Sure.

Fin Fang Foom vs. Mandarin

Hercules vs. Darkhawk TRUMPED with Iron Fist/Luke Cage
    I don't know why Hercules losing is so ridiculous. Fist is the only one who could conceivably hurt him, but he has the distractions to actually do it. Cage is a OHKO obviously and Darkhawk can take maybe a few... Fist is probably faster than Herc, can do some limited EM things and has hypnosis and mental powers... The question is does he run out of energy before he can win?

I guess with Rand lacking any definitive wins over a guy on Herc's caliber I will give it to Hercules but check with me a year from now and that may not be the case...

Hellstorm vs. Iron Fist/Luke Cage (forfeit)

Black Knight / Death's Head II vs. Black Panther (prep)
    Another hard one. BP has a Spidey v Firelord-like win over Silver Surfer (ARMBAR) and some other magical abilities with prep that he didn't display vs Mephisto (which wasn't THAT great a win). Oa gives him a bit of an advantage and as for DHII, you're only immune to outside influences until you're not. And "remote influencing" isn't quite the same thing a protection from any outside influences anyway. However DH does seem to have pretty good countermeasures against opposing tech. I'll give it probably that Panther could do something to him but probably not make it permanent. Long enough to influence the fight, but how much I don't quite know. 1 on 1 BP takes either man, together is tough... Both his opponents are winners, as is BP. I dunno. Panther has taken groups before but DH is really hard... It's going to be a really long battle. DH's trump card is ability to adapt to pretty much everything and has already beaten someone prepared specifically for him... BP's is that he has magic and can break down metals on a molecular level. DH can adapt to everything, but then again, Panther pretty much has everything. One tech guy and one magic guy vs a tech+magic guy. I usually like the 1 over the 2 but DH is making it very, very hard and BK is no slouch either...

The match doesn't even matter. I'll go with the 2 in this case for whatever it's worth. BKDH

Selene (Prep) vs. Havok

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    It sure would be cool of IF were elevated beyond street level, but right now he's barely pushing meta.

I'd just like to say I didn't think it was 10/10, but Herc wins that, if he walks away with a black eye.

13. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Apparently he's at least dazed Skaar, and def has a ton of way beyond street level stuff. Destroying mountains or something. Just needs to fight more high-level people. Apparently his power got upgraded so he can go peak pretty much forever.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Edit: Never mind.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm trying to get everything out of my head, sorry.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    You're good, my friend. I'm a jerk.

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Not as much of a jerk as this:

heels1785 likes this.
  18. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Is this another team battle? PCK are growing complacent, I think.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh, right. I forgot.
    Temugin would like to report a robbery.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Did you think Temugin would win against Pym preps or am I jobbing somewhere else? :p

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    agree with yakkers save on the BP match. i think panther can take it personally. if you want reasoning, you'll have to wait til i'm more coherent and slept more.

22. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh no I mean I think Panther can take it too. Just I'm pretty 50/50 on it and I had to vote one way or the other...

Temugin would run through Pym prepped, just like he did a prepped Stark. Except easier.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I had forgotten about his destroying a prepped-Stark... lol...

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i suppose that should have been would take it, not can.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is that the end or is there a team battle or 2?