main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    He is immune to mind control. I'll go dig up the old life force argument.

As for fire. Whatever.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm finding nothing at all about a resistance to energy drain, especially like Selene's (also draining other immortals), as well as plenty of weaknesses to fire.

SLAM.
    DUNK.
    SON.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes, Pym has Wasp as well.

No, that is NOT an Inty/sim trump.

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Plenty of weakness to fire. It happens like one time.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So he can be frozen, he can be melted and he can have his life force drained. I'm not seeing an issue here. :p

As I pointed out in the Zod/Plas match-up -- this is like his nightmare matchup (which I actually didn't pick -- Selene prepped was supposed to get Monica, damn you!!!)

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Plastic Man is looking great right about now.

dp4m likes this.
  7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Lebron James will bring not one, not two, not three... titles to Cleveland!

8. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Bluh, I definitely don't have time for this this week. Do not wait for me, judges. But, I'd you want, you can comb through the archives and look at Shirley's arguments for the life draining situatrion(or maybe it was Bart this is why I don't have the time this week).

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

It was not in your favor.

To be fair, Plastic Man did win -- with no real explanation given -- which BaSSiL replied: "Wow, I didn't expect for PM to win that one. Not going to reject the win, but I am surprised. Pleasantly, mind. But surprised none the less."

The fight was Holocaust vs. Plastic Man. I would wager that Selene's life force absorbing is somewhat different and more powerful as it's a specific power rather than rolled-in to an "ambient power drain" and she's been shown to clearly absorb immortals.

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That's not the argument I was referring to. I know Shirley went into great detail.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Shurron had a massive argument for Plastic Man if I recall. Heck, in that particular draft, Plastic Man was practically the number one pick by the time he was through :p

Boo at Stark. Yay at Trump.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Oh, and of course I changed my numbers. Why were you expecting Monica to still be on #1?

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I've searched everything and I can't find it. The closest I can find is this...

And I'm searching on "plastic man shadow_of_durron site:boards.theforce.net" so it's not like it's esoteric. :p

Because you hadn't changed in a while or had reverted back to a previous set!

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Good ol' Plastic Man.

Deathstroke/Jericho (Prepared) vs. Victor/Vision

Deathstroke makes fun of Vision for not being human, dodges his solar energy beams and does a sneaky attack and slices him in half with his Promethium sword, which is capable of absorbing near-limitless amounts of energy, so he could use the power from his solar energy beams against him. Considering how stealthy he is, he could ambush him as well if that doesn't work. Then there's Jericho who'll be able to deal with Victor with this possession powers, and he could even turn him against Vision. Plus Slade and Joe get the best weapons and armour that any assassin could wish for with preparation.

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I had changed. Was she on 1 more than once? Hm.

Anyway, was that the draft he owned plastic man? Because that's the draft I'm talking about, and he does go at lengrh(he doesn't always use plastic man so searching for it is not always the best way, I've found. The archives are whack.

Also, yeah I've basically ceded this one, because I'm not going to prioritize it this week as I've for a lot going on. So.

16. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Mikaboshi are you going to be able to get anything up for your matches? Those are the two in pondering most

17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Inty, do you need anything more on my matches or is me convincing Lebron to sign with the Cavs good enough?

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm decided on your matches.

19. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I've decided to background argue my matches this round. More so relying on luck (Chim luck is WOWlulz) So once I am start to lose I will start trying I guess? Idunno we shall see,

Also as far as Plastic Man and actually just Shirley in general...UGGH. That whole draft was trash. This PlasticMan love is absolutely boobery.

20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i'm not voting PM there, if it helps.

21. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I wouldn't count on it. My cat just died last night (12 year member of the family, amazing friend and brother to my 2 daughters), I don't feel up to arguing anything.

Go for it. Same goes for the Jedi Draft.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Dammit man, that sucks. Major donkey balls. I'm so sorry to hear it.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Sorry for your loss, that's terrible.

24. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mikaboshi, so sorry to hear that.

25. whiteeagle

whiteeagle Jedi Master star 6

Dec 24, 2004
    Welp. God doesn't totally hate Cleveland.

dp4m likes this.