main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

He can't absorb fire to the face, can he? :p

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Will Heat Vision satisfy?
    [​IMG]

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Cosmic rays: Composed primarily of high-energy protons
    Alpha particles are 2 protons and 2 neutrons.

I should have explained myself better. Cosmic rays don't consist of anything not associated with 'radioactivity'.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Who's that, EF?

EDIT: And, realistically, he's going to have shielding. This isn't going to be an instant-over fight until I fly him into space and he dies.

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Then no, that doesn't work. It's atomic vision.

Talk about a hard counter... lol...

EDIT:

Weaknesses
    Hyperion's powers and physical vitality are severely diminished if he is exposed to Argonite radiation. Whether this radiation actually interferes with his body's ability to metabolize cosmic energy or if it is simply a psychosomatic reaction isn't fully revealed.

Man, SERIOUS hard counter...

7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    What exactly do you think is in 'atomic vision' that makes it different from heat vision?

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

One is atomic radiation based and the other is just hot or utilizing plasma or liquid hot magma, like a normal person would assume?

9. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    'Atomic radiation' isn't a thing unless you're talking about alpha or beta particles. Gamma radiation is electromagnetic radiation. So is a lightbulb. So is your infrared door chime.

Heat is transmitted through electromagnetic radiation. If he can absorb radiant heat from a radioactive source (already shown) then he can absorb radiant heat from anything.

Heck, sunlight is thermal radiation emitted from plasma (from the sun).

10. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Whatever bruh. Heat is radiation.

Anyway, SS still has no counter to being made sick, like this:
    [​IMG]

He has the fine control enough so that the sickness does not manifest until the rebel Atlantean woman he infected would be back in her camp, and so that it would only affect the rebel Atlanteans(the red kind).

He's made Thor sick. Why is a Skrull any different?

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The goal is to win the fight... today. I'm sure it's possible SS will get sick in a few weeks, long after RM is dead, and get some medical care.

And look, if RM could absorb literally every type of energy -- not radiation, but energy -- he'd be unstoppable and do it all the time. He doesn't. His top-end showings top-out at Thor, no? And he loses? He gets his ass beat by even people less strong than Thor? And Thor and Atlanteans don't have shields, so it's no guarantee that RM will even get through those with his radiation. Plasma (Johnny and SS' fire) isn't radiation to absorb.

Also: heroes? They have morals. Super-Skrull uses Sue's shields to crush another Super-Skrull's brain.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I don't think anything more constructive can come of this. I don't think we're going to come to an agreement here.

I say the opposite of what you say.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    dp4m likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Are there scans of him snuffing out all light? All heat? Radio? TV? Inty's lust?

/straw

15. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    The dude creates light. He emits heat. He's absorbed both of these things, and pure electrical energy from Thor. Some from Genis-Vell. He'd be unstoppable? Captain Atom is unstoppable I guess.

It's back to the Moondragon argument: "she didn't use tp on him immediately so he's immune". Dude absorbs energy when people use it on him. Just because Marvel hasn't used him to take over the universe yet doesn't mean anything. Sure, he's a less implemented person. I got it. He still has great showings against Thor(because Thor is so low end), etc.

He gets beaten by people less strong than Thor in the 60s when people were still getting beat by things like special lead containment sheets. Check out his losses, they're all plot induced.

And let's not forget that just because SS hangs out in the Cosmic scene he's not beating someone like Surfer. You know, ever.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    He beats Nova regularly. Granted, so would Surfer.

And all of SS losses are plot-induced too; they're baddies. When Super-Skrull was taken off his leash around Annihilation and more anti-heroing around he stomped.

Really though, I agree with you -- at this point, unless the judges want more specific information, there's not much more we can do. The next two matches will cause enough headaches... :p

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Nova gets a lot of respect because he was super amped that one time. He's not all that, even amped.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, that's because you don't believe what Marvel says. :p

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Marvel are not to be trusted.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That's what Josh Trank thinks and now look where we are!!!

Yodaminch likes this.
  21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm taking a long weekend and doing off the grid fir a few days. I'll get judgments yo tonight. Any final arguments?

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

You're not only a handsome man, but a powerful man... I noticed from the moment you walked in here?

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kalibak 2014

dp4m likes this.
  24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    DarthIntegral -- sorry, dude, I forgot. I didn't feel like I needed to argue for my Forfeit winning, but if you really think it's necessary I can?

25. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Sorry, guess I missed this. He dosed her specifically so that she wouldn't get sick immediately. He has done it so it was immediate, I posted this to show that it's not limited to humans, and that Skrull is not immune to radiation poisoning(he's actually gotten cancer before) just because he's alien. In this instance Chen touches the woman for a moment, and is able to engineer radiation poisoning specific to her offshoot species' unique biology such that it wouldn't affect even normal Atlanteans.

Against Spider-Man he doesn't even have to touch him to key in on the specific wavelength of radiation that his blood is carrying, and completely shuts off his powers in a moment. You might say it's unrelated, and you might be right, but Spider-Man's mutation was triggered by radioactivity, exactly like the FF's was. He, like them, does not derive his power from a radiological battery, but the initial reaction was due to his cells mutating after being exposed to a dose of radiation(see also: cosmic rays, or what the FF were bombarded with). Obviously no one is going to drain the Thing of energy in a fight, but, and this has not happened to my knowledge, if Radioactive Man was pitted against the FF, could he not key into this same kind of mutation? He's done so against She-Hulk, completely reverting her to Jennifer Walters.

Obviously, some people feel differently.