main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Eh? One time. He was Nova Prime for quite some time. I can go bring up his feats again. The big one you're thinking of though is Annihilus and that was actually one of his earliest experiences with that power.

Anyway, I'm still more happy about the fact that Darkhawk has FINALLY been given an opponent he can beat. [face_praying]

dp4m likes this.
  2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Sorry. That one "period" of time is what I meant.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Bishop / Psylocke vs. Dr. Polaris (Prepared)
    Shaggy Man vs. Blastaar

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE)vs.Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Master Mold vs. Darkhawk TRUMPED with Iron Fist/Luke Cage
    Cyclops/Jean Grey vs. Angela

The Replacement Killers (dp4m) vs Poor Communication Kills (EF)

Black Knight / Death's Head II (forfeit) vs. Talisman (prepared)
    Super Skrull vs. Radioactive Man

dp4m, this time around the "P" in MarcusP2 is for "Pwned". Sorry. I liked the tag team arguments of EF and MP2 much better than yours. Much more convincing. Good battle, but I do think RM has it.

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) vs. Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim)

Enchantress (Prep) vs. Moondragon
    Fin Fang Foom vs. Geo-Force

Jordan ... the "Enchantress has Prep so she'll think of something" argument really isn't working. You might want to consider trying a new approach. That said, I do believe she has shown some TP resistence when given time to prepare for it, and I think that works in her favor. And FFF's size is in no way an advantage here.

Riders of the Storm (heels)vs. .Born Ready (whiteeagle)

Kalibak vs. Noh-Varr TRUMPED w/ Havok
    Killer Frost vs. War Machine (forfeit)

MandaloreYak or Trimaj ... if this moves on, please post the next matches. I'm going off the grid for a few days.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think your judgment is as worthy as Lebron in 90 degree heat! :p

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    That Geo respect/ FFF disrespect! I like it, Geo is muh boy.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    MandaloreYak The Great No One

Get voting!

Also, as a reminder: Radioactive Man lost to Anti-Venom. Huge showing there. :p And can't fly. And Super-Skrull can absorb infinite amounts of heat (that's radiation, right? So he can just absorb Radiation Man? That's how the argument works? :p)

7. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    That's how arguments work.

dp4m likes this.
  8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    bishiop/psylocke
    blastaar

agreed on the others save moondragon.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    For real? Enchantress has shown to resist the stuff that Moondragon can do. With prep it just makes it even easier for her to counter her attacks. Plus Enchantress has the element of surprise with her illusions. Doesn't matter how powerful of a telepath she is, she can still get tricked. Enchantress has been said to be the second most powerful sorcerer in all of Asgard and even cast a spell that Doctor Strange couldn't break for a long time.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Dead to me!

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Alive to me. Good job, trimtastic.

12. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm on net on my dumbphone so no posting matches for me. Can Marcus be 3rd judge?
    Dr Polaris and um... That judgment should be put in Fin Fang Foom's pants. It smells the same. As does voting for Blastaar over the Shaggy Man. Shaggy Man all day.

13. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah, I would say Shaggy Man walks all over Blastaar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh rite. Enchantress

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    From dog-sitting to cat-feeding means temporary spurts of internet each day or so for the next week.

3 and 6 round it out.

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)
    Ikaris vs. Shadow King
    She-Hulk (forfeit) vs. Parasite

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) (1) vs.Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) (5)
    Wolverine/Rogue vs. Blue Beetle/Static Shock (forfeit)
    Polaris vs. Iron Fist/Luke Cage (forfeit)

The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (2) vs Poor Communication Kills (EF) (4)
    MODOK (Prep) vs. Invincible
    Namor vs. Hercules

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) (2) vs. Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (4)
    Deadshot/Catman vs. Sasquatch
    Red Tornado vs. SKAAR

Riders of the Storm (heels) (4)vs. .Born Ready (whiteeagle) (2)
    Steel (prep) vs. Havok (forfeit)
    Wonder Man vs. Hank Pym (forfeit)

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Don't underestimate Steel here.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Deadshot/Catman vs. Sasquatch

There's one thing that will decide this match. Is Sasquatch durable enough to take multiple sniper bullets to the head? If so, he will probably win. If not, he goes down pretty easily. Deadshot does not miss, and he's in an environment that's perfect for an ambush. If needed, Catman could distract Sasquatch by dodging his attacks while Deadshot gets in position and shoots away. It says that Sasquatch's durability in his current form isn't nearly as equal to his other, which was resistant to high caliber bullets. So in his current form he'll probably be able to withstand most bullets, but probably not Deadshot's since he uses a variety of special bullets. His armour is also very durable and has survived large explosions and point blank gun shots to the head because of it.

And I don't think the other fight is going in Red Tornado's favour. He ripped Solomon Grundy in half, so maybe he could do something similar to Skaar.

19. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i completely spaced on this. i should have posted those the other day. sorry.

20. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I'd sy that Sasquatch is bulletproof. Any specialized bullets from Deadshot?

21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd expect Deadshot to have all his usual special bullets, like explosive, armour piercing and his specially designed ones etc.

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Thanks for picking up the slack fellas.

And, so, you want Deadshot to get perfect position for a sniper shot AND access to special bullets without prep?

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The positioning is up to him when the battle starts, and Catman could provide enough time for Floyd to get to that perfect position. He's pretty stealthy too and has his enhanced sight and thermal vision, so it shouldn't be a problem for him to sneak up on Sasquatch and know where he is the whole time. He should get the special bullets that he usually has without prep since he doesn't only carry around normal ones, but with prep I'd expect him to get poison bullets and stuff like that. Although, even his regular bullets are better than the average ones.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, Sasquatch does have Kalibak-level intellect, so yeah. Plausible.

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Actually if he ends up not having any special bullets without prep I'm pretty sure one of Deadshot's bullets in each of Sasquatch's eyes would do some damage. And intelligence doesn't matter, that's not going to stop you getting shot by a sniper.