main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, that's exactly what I was thinking of when I typed that.

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

kalibak did nothing to warrant this unjustified attack

4. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Wait what? Sasquatch is a genius bros. Kalibak is a brick bros.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i challenge you to a duel

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yugioh, Magic the Gathering, Pokemon, League of Legends or real guns?

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Best three out of five

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    1) rap battle
    2) break dance competition
    3) best batman impression
    4) trial by combat. yak fights for me in real life against a random 8 yr old for you.
    5) top gun trivia

Please agree to the terms chimmers.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm still steamed over the last round as Radioactive Man couldn't beat Spider-Man, so... yeah. :p

But here's my argument: vote for me on both and you get me and EF in teams. Entertainment for hours.

10. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Yeah, vote for the guy that got one-shotted by Thor in the rain.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    This is how I imagine the Deadshot/Catman vs. Sasquatch fight going down.

Deadshot and Catman start on the opposite side of the graveyard from Sasquatch, which gives Floyd a bit of time to get in a hidden position, like up a tree or behind a tombstone, while Catman hides as well. The first thing Sasquatch would do is probably start walking around the graveyard until he has his opponent in sight, then engage. Since Sasquatch's really smart it won't take him long to realise what's happening, so Floyd would need to use his thermal scope and find Sasquatch as soon as possible. Once he's spotted him, all he has to do is wait for Sasquatch to be in clear sight, no matter how far away that is, and then shoot one of his eyes out. Sasquatch is now going to know he's walked into an ambush and quickly get out of the way. Floyd will still be able to get shots on him at this time, but he would've probably turned his head to prevent his other eye being shot out. If Floyd's bullets are powerful enough to go through Sasquatch's skin, then he's won, but if somehow the most powerful bullets in the world can't go through his skull, then Catman plays his part in the fight. While Sasquatch is distracted after getting his eye shot out, then Catman jumps on him, dodges a few attacks to get Sasquatch facing in the right direction, and Floyd takes out his other eye, then all they have to do is finish him off.

Floyd would shoot out his eyes at the very first opportunity he got, and he wouldn't miss. Because Sasquatch is really strong and intelligent, Catman wouldn't stand much of a chance, but he's still skilled enough to dodge a couple of attacks. Because of the distance between Floyd and Sasquatch, the two would never come close to each other, in fact Sasquatch might not even see him during the entire fight, he'd just know where the shots are coming from.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Now, I'm not of the opinion that Walter is the strongest guy in Marvel(although his official rating of a 6 is kind of low), but a flick of his wrist is enough to end either of these guys' existence. Like, he could accidentally kill them if he wasn't extremely careful.

Even if your scenario plays out, and somehow Deadshot's got something up his sleeve powerful enough to blind Sasquatch..."and then all they have to do is finish him off"? You're not answering the question of how they do that, exactly. Even blind(his healing factor and durability don't give this much of a chance), his other senses are greatly heightened, enough to be able to detect where they are based on his hearing or smell alone. So they also have to somehow disable those senses as well.

They also have no idea who this guy is. They have no idea he's capable of lifting over 100 tons; of regenerating injuries; that he's bullet proof; a skilled acrobatic and fighter. For all they know, he's a big dumb ape. A beast that they can have some fun hunting.

They're a couple of peak human guys with a few nifty toys that are not going to be super effective. If they had time to plan, maybe they could get some momentum. As it is, every thing they would normally try is going to be largely ineffective. Useless, really. That should leave them scrambling, and Sasquatch can end them at any moment. It doesn't look good.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    So this battle could end up being Deadshot and Catman vs. a blind Sasquach? I didn't actually know he was that strong, as in one of the strongest Marvel characters, so I thought finishing him off would simply be firing bullets in every vulnerable spot on his body until he couldn't go on. I still think Floyd's bullets could go into his skull, and I don't think he can regenerate brain tissue. And unless you're Superman, that bullet ain't gonna bounce off your eye.

If his skull can't be damaged by his bullets, then there's still a more gruesome way to get to his brain. Shooting through his eye sockets. Yeap, that's pretty gross, but I honestly can't think of any other way these guys could take him down without preparation. A blind Sasquatch is still a big problem, because like you said, there's still his other senses, but all Floyd has to do is get some more clean shots at his eyes and bullets should be going into his brain. He may have to get quite a big closer for this, even if that means jumping on his head and using his wrist guns to fire rounds of bullets into his eyes.

Floyd's armour has protected him from large explosions and bullets to the face, so one hit from Sasquatch shouldn't kill him. Floyd and Catman are both great fighters, so they should be able to dodge a blind Sasquatch's attacks. But Floyd will only have to worry about this if he can't get clean shots into his eyes.

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Isn't MODOK's psionic ability contingent on hitting his opponents with a beam? Isn't Invincible fast enough(try hundreds of times faster than the speed of light) to avoid these beams the majority of the time?

All I know is the only things I could ever find was of him using directional beams, and also that his "creativity" is not much greater and the only reason he's any good is because he can predict most outcomes(and he also has all of AIM working for him and a lot of time to prepare).

This place is slow.
    [​IMG]

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)
    Ikaris vs. Shadow King
    She-Hulk (forfeit) vs. Parasite

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) (1) vs.Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) (5)
    Wolverine/Rogue vs. Blue Beetle/Static Shock (forfeit)
    Polaris vs. Iron Fist/Luke Cage (forfeit)

The Replacement Killers (dp4m) (2) vs Poor Communication Kills (EF) (4)
    MODOK (Prep) vs. Invincible
    Namor vs. Hercules

Yeah, MODOK might be prepared/ready for what Invincible brings, but that doesn't mean he can do anything about it.

And, in a battle of supers who have jobbed to way too many people, I like Namor just a bit more.

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) (2) vs. Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) (4)
    Deadshot/Catman vs. Sasquatch
    Red Tornado vs. SKAAR

Sorry, Jordan. I love that you argue and put forth for our guys every time, but Sasquatch is just too much. His senses, his genius, his strength. Just too much. Maybe if your pair were prepped.

Riders of the Storm (heels) (4)vs. .Born Ready (whiteeagle) (2)
    Steel (prep) vs. Havok (forfeit)
    Wonder Man vs. Hank Pym (forfeit)

16. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Jobbed? Show me a job!

Namor's only a 6! Marvel power grids!

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    But sniper bullets into his eye sockets... Lol, na it's fine. I enjoy arguing for all of my matches, even if their opponents are quite a bit better, and I learn more about the characters while trying to find a way for them to win. Plus it's even more fun if I really like the characters, as you've seen with my Deathstroke matches.

18. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Agree except reverse the Namor and Invincible calls to Herc and MODOK. Battlefield starting position benefits MODOK getting surprise shots in and he really only needs 1. As for the other match iono, Herc seems just a bit more consistent than Namor and is a better fighter, although Namor is usually quicker. Could go either way but I have to vote for 1 of them...

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  20. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    sorry. for whatever reason, i don't seem to get consistent alerts from this thread.

i'm going modok, as yak said only needs one shot really since invincible is rather vincible to sonics.

herc and namor... i'm very tempted to just flip a coin. had i coin to flip i would do so. without one... i'm going to go with herc, simply because namor is an arrogant jerk. yes, it's close enough to me for that to be the deciding factor. sorry.

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well done.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Brace for dp's arrival.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    That's what she ... did?

Mikaboshi and heels1785 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  25. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    unless i'm mistaken they've beaten each other multiple times? which literally makes the the herc/namor match a coin flip.