main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    that wasn't what i found on him. *shrugs* i suppose i could be wrong, mind.

EDIT

from the dc wiki:

• Energy Absorption: Parasite is able to absorb the life energy of other beings leaving withered corpses. He is also able to absorb virtually any other energy form and use it. After contact with the Strange Visitor, Parasite's powers changed enabling him to keep the energy he took longer. Somewhere Jones and his scientist counterpart gained new powers by absorbing a shape-shifter as well. Now not only does he sap the life energy out of his victims he can actually become his victims right down to their DNA.

soooo... again, the robots do what to him exactly?

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Tear him to shreds?

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wouldn't that fall under kinetic energy, which he can absorb? as it says there, and from what i've seen, he can absorb virtually any kind of energy so...

4. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Where does it say he can absorb that, specifically? Additionally, no, it's not that much kinetic energy to tear something apart.

Personally, I'd like to see instances of him absorbing energy that isn't 1) "life force", or 2) heat beams. "Virtually any kind" sounds nice, but where are the instances of him absorbing a multitude of different kinds.

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    He has drained the solar energy and eye beams from Superman, drained the energy from Blue Superman (but didn't know how to use it and botched it), stole the powers from Heatwave and gave them to his friend Casey, drained the air of kinetic energy in his fight against Aztek, drains life energy from countless people. He doesn't even need to be touching a person do to it, he has drained the energy from Superman countless times by just being near him (depending on the incarnation of Parasite, but this is peak so yeah). He has also tanked bullets shot at him and absorbed that energy as well.

Skaar is a gamma powered being. The 2 mechanicals require power to survive.

Also, this isn't just Parasite vs triple trump. This is MF and Parasite vs triple trump. MF has flaws, but as a brick he is amazing and that gives a lot of time to Parasite to start doing his thing.

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Wow Foom got hosed hard. cyc/jean. Fist could maybe resist, no one else.

Mikaboshi likes this.
  7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Yeah no kidding, Mandarin's rings are tech based off his culture aren't they?

It would be cool to see Foom get his mots on those rings for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i figured yak would go that way. pretty sure we all did really.

i'd forgotten about the rings being based off of fooms culture's tech. if anyone could counter them pretty easily, i'd imagine foom would probably be the most likely suspect on the list. hmmm...

9. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    On the other hand who knows if Foom even has knowledge of how they work. Being human doesn't give me innate knowledge of all earth tech, it isn't a stretch to assume the same for Foom unless we have seen him use native techs.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I give up. Absolutely ridiculous.

11. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    A valid question was posed, does anyone on your trump have TP resistance? I did look and wasn't able to really find anything.

12. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I imagine that iron fist does. I haven't looked into it.

13. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    As far as I know he doesn't have any known resistance, though he has a few other abilities that are psionic in nature. Hard to tell without an actual feat.

Cyclops is really useless in that fight though, it would all fall on Jean.

EDIT: I stand corrected, Rand does have some telepathic resistance as shown in this thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=554998&pagenumber=1

Also shows an amazing level of resistance to magic.

Hell, after a good read through on that thread I would think Rand has a good chance of soloing the x trump.

14. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Wait what? Fin Fang Foom already beat Mandarin earlier in the draft. What's changed? And c'mon, has Batman ever shown to be able to beat anyone like Ghost Rider before? Magic was mentioned as a way he could beat him, so maybe he's beaten Zatanna or Dr. Fate, I'm not sure. It just seems very unlikely.

15. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Mandarin practiced. Because you can't anywhere without practice.

Also, Bats doesn't need magic in the least. He just needs some magical artifact to extract GR's spirit from his body, or as Fever referred to it, performing an exorcism - given their location, in a magical wonderland, I don't think that's beyond the realm of something he can find in prep time.

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    At what point has batman had any kind of magical artifact collection? Batman isn't an exorcist, is that something he has done? Like ever?

Kind of a ridiculous argument actually.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Batman has some magical acumen and a collection of artifacts.

I believe in an issue of batman/superman he's able to trap deadman...somebody, I can't remember. I'm sure it's in one of his many capability sites or threads around the internet.

He dabbles.

18. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Oh yes, Ghost Rider got hosed also. Cyc is not useless. It took mandy and stark to beat Foom in comics.

19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Literally the first thing I clicked on showed Two-Face bitching about Batman having a magical barricade surrounding him to protect against teleporters-for-hire. I've never heard of it, but it's out there (#691). Even if Zatanna is doing it for him, it's fair to assume he has some base knowledge.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    There is now officially a Mrs. Kalar.

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    You out there in California w/him, bud? Or did they get married closer to home.

Pass along my congrats.

Kalar, Yak, and I went to high school together. Many years ago. Many years. Like 12.

22. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    What madness...

heels1785 likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I feel old. I mean, not as old as DarthIntegral because he's forgetful and should be posting matches and all, but old...

heels1785 likes this.
  24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i think after thinking about it i'm going to disagree on the foom match as well. since foom won last time, and we don't exactly have anything different this time around and all.

so MandaloreYak you need to state on that one as well, though i think we know at this point.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Edit - Never mind.