main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, yes -- but ultimately Hercules does come back (and then Ares throws a ICBM directly into his face) and Hercules never actually yields so I didn't want the EF-Police to get on my case... ;)

2. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Into. Space.

I don't know about the experience thing, maybe actual on panel he has more sure but Skaar spent his 'inexperienced' adolescent years on an alien planet fighting...all of it. His Oldstrong power is pretty ridiculous.

EDIT: And it would appear that he is either getting coached up by Banner, as stated in the comic I posted, or he is just extremely talented at thinking on his feet and thinking outside the box to defeat his opponents. IE Taking Juggs to the sky. Ares is more of a brick than that, he can probably figure out how to crack that nut despite his 'inexperience'.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

5,000 years plus fighting > 20? years fighting.
    Master of ALL weapons.
    Master of ALL fighting forms.

I don't disagree Skaar is a bad-ass but he has a vast lack of experience. However, if he gets Old Power it's a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different fight, I agree.

4. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    If it is 5,000 or a billion years of fighting experience Ares has still only fought who he's fought in ink, in the comics. What we have seen and who did he beat? He seems pretty jobb-tacular to me. Sentry ripped him in two easily. I am pretty sure that Hulk and Sentry aren't the same in strength, full blown Hulk has got to be more and Oldstrong Skaar is approaching at least Sentry levels. So his fighting experience didn't help him there much, just like it won't here. It is gonna come down to a slug fest and Skaar is the better slugger.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Uh, the Sentry was considered "the world's most powerful superhero at that point in time, and with the serum causing a photosynthetic reaction to his body, completely altering his state of consciousness,..." also "It is nonetheless conceivable that Sentry's powers are indeed limitless. His powers have the ability to surpass Galactus and even the Molecule Man. He has been able to almost match one of the most powerful incarnations of the Hulk."

So you're right, the Sentry and Hulk aren't the same -- Sentry >>>> Hulk. :p

And Hulk >>>> Skaar.

And in a slug-fest, it's not always the strongest but the better fighter. ;)

6. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Skaar beat Hulk I believe, but I'd have to check. WWH stalemated Sentry altho I'd argue Sentry jobbed.

7. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    That is kinda true actually. Sentry = WWH, which is better than regular Hulk, which is better than Skaar.

Also, just going to clarify Skaar's age....but he is only a few years old....that is in-universe age. He aged quickly, but he was literally born only a few years back in the Marvel timeline. So as far as how much experience he has? Only about 4-5 or so years.

8. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Woop woop

dp4m likes this.
  9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Good showing for Ares, nice post. I found Skaar's battles with Hulk and Worldbreaker Hulk. There may be 1 more I didn't find, but if you want to Youtube them you can. He didn't win either (well, the regular Hulk fight wasn't really to the finish but he seemed to be at a disadvantage), although he did pretty well in both, largely without using oldpower. It's a close fight.

10. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    So.... yeah, ok. EF wanna get your leans posted so the other judges will feel ok about posting them too?

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    So dramatic.

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Says me, right, I know.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

7/10

EDIT: I still just love this for the hilarity:

[​IMG]

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Have at thee...who says that?

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]

16. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Leans? These are facts.

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Riders of the Storm (heels)

Superboy / Red Devil vs. Holocaust

Xavin / Hulkling vs. Mandarin

Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) vs. The Replacement Killers (dp4m)

Skaar vs. Ares

Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi)vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)

Ghost Rider vs. Ms. Marvel

The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Poor Communication Kills (EF)

Cyclops/Jean Grey vs. Hellstorm
    Atlas trumped with Human Torch vs. Metamorpho (prepared)

Born Ready (whiteeagle)vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Noh-Varr vs. Gorilla Grodd (prepared)
    Storm/Iceman vs. Maxima

17. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    What EF said, which is what I said earlier. Except I'm still voting Skaar, like I said earlier. Ares had that good showing vs Hercules (the A-bomb one didn't seem like a finish and I don't know that A-bomb is as good as, say, Hulk), but he also has some really bad ones. Skaar seems like maybe he'd lose to Ares in a prolonged battle... If he didn't use the oldpower. Of course he's extremely inconsistent in terms of when he uses it, but he has pulled it out against powerful foes. I could see it going either way, I just see Skaar as more consistent and maybe a bit harder to put out.

18. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Aside from Star Wars comics I never really paid particular attention to stuff from Marvel and DC.

But I look at a few pics uploaded regarding that new Ms. Marvel...I've been hooked. I plan to get the first three issues (possibly along with the 4th) next month.

Anyone else reading it? Kamala Khan, not Carol Danvers, who I know is the current Captain Marvel.

19. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh no, no no no! EF police won't be having this at all! YAK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Actually, even in the respect threads everyone agrees that the A-Bomb one was a stomp (especially in the Ares v. Skaar ones). lol...

EDIT: I don't have scans, but apparently Ares also holds his own vs. Hulk (don't think WWH) and Thor. They are not stalemates or wins, obv, but a good enough showing to stand up for a while.

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    The one fight I actually saw with him vs Thor, he was powered up and Thor whipped him easily, but I'm sure they've met multiple times and as much as I love Marvel... They're not really known for any sort of consistency in power levels.

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    sorry, i quit getting updates for this for whatever reason, so i wasn't sure if people just weren't talking or what. i'll get votes up before tomorrow.

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    It's tomorrow.

dp4m likes this.
  24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    had to go out and do some things i wasn't anticipating. yay surprise... annoyances

i'll work on doing it tonight.

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    to give you an idea of how bad my night has been going since i last posted on the boards, as a capper to getting home, i locked my keys in the car. but not only did i do that, i did it with the car still running. [face_plain] as you can imagine it's been a draining and... puissant night. so i may not get them up after all. if, after i've calmed down and am no longer ready to punch through my tv set (even though it is completely innocent of all wrong doing) i may try. otherwise i'm sorry, but life is life.