main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Comic Book Draft XI: Now Featuring a Stan Lee Cameo: Winner is EmpireForever!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Sorry for the extreme lack of activity as of late, still rather busy at work....and have been doing some interviews at a local university for a potential new job, so really lacking on the time. Probably won't be changing until next week some time, and i wouldn't be hurt if you guys move on in the meantime.

Thank you for the patience though. :)

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Glad to see you're okay bud! Good luck with the interviews, I've got some coming up myself.

3. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't think I have anything going on tomorrow night. I'll try to give this my utmost attention.

4. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Interview has gone well, actually had my second one already and it is down to 3 people. It would be a great opportunity, and a respectable raise (not to mention amazing benefit package).

Good luck on your interview.

5. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Coolness man. What's the job?

6. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I would be a work coordinator for the university, taking in all repair requests and directing them to the appropriate departments and then doing the billing once they are completed.

It is a bit different than what I do now (which is granite monument sales and customer service), but similar in some ways.

The pay and benefits are superb though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heels1785 likes this.
  7. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Neato. Good luck.

8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    This was false. I was just supposed to drop off a graduation gift...

I will try to attend to this now.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I will be judging after the USMNT game tomorrow

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Okay, I lied. I'm going to sleep shortly, I think.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I think I'm taking my battle spreadsheets to the wedding today. I will be the MVP.

12. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I don't even remember what characters are on the teams or even what page to go to look and find them on.... :(

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

14. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Those are incorrect. I'd get the corrections I posted but I'm on my phone and it's haaard.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Poor Communication Kills (EF) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)

Monica Rambeau, Invincible, Metamorpho, Talisman, Hercules, Hellstorm, Radioactive Man, Pixie and Dust, Rocket Raccoon/Star-Lord, & Plastic Man

VS.
    Major Force, Blastaar , Shadow King, Maxima, Dr. Polaris, Stryfe, Gorilla Grodd Parasite, The Darkness, &The Shark (Karshon)

I'm going with Poor Communication Kills. Heartbreakers have a fantastic edge with telepathy, and if they can get the match decided there, they can win it. However, PCS has a better range of power and enough tech and brains to utilize it, as well as good options to mitigate telepathy. Plus, gas being what it is this draft, Metamorpho adds a serious X-Factor.

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.The Marvel Mashers (DLotE)

Bishop / Psylocke, Wonder Girl / Miss Martian, Bullseye / Moonstone, Xavin / Hulkling, Shaggy Man, Ikaris, Superboy / Red Devil, She-Hulk, Morlun, & Penance

VS.

Master Mold, Wolverine/Rogue, Iron Man, Cyclops/Jean Grey, Atlas, Human Torch, Omega Red, Polaris, Venom, & US Agent

Perhaps the easiest team battle to decide ever. The Meatbags have it.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    'm sorry. I really, really wanted to theatre but I just can't find the time. I also really, really wanted to make sure I did a thorough analysis, but I just gotta go with what I got. If the two teams meet again, I will do a more thorough one so don't think I have to hold to this judgment in playoffs. For now though, I will go with the Heartbreakers largely because I think the TP is a huge edge and while they lack quite the variety, they have enough. I think the biggest questions for me are just how much it'll take to bring down a prepped Talisman and Hellstrom, but I think Heartbreakers has better prep that can be used for more people, and they have better leadership (Stryfe vs. Monica). So yeah.

Agree on the other one, I guess. Psylcoke and MM I guess could match Jean. I guess. The other parts of the battle are a stomp.

17. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i was really hoping to get out of judging this one...

it's close to me. really, really close. i think that the sheer variety of what has to be prepped for will be the killer for the heartbreakers. i mean, you have talisman, hellstorm, plastic man, radioactive man, energy, tp, tech, magic, and the silly versatility that metamorpho brings to the table... just wow. if it were more than 24 hours, i'd probably be in even more of a stalemate because what the heartbreakers do, they do really well, but that's a lot to have to deal with even with a few days of prep.

the thing that is making me so hesitant is that what the heartbreakers do have in versatility is really hard to actually prepare for. i mean, you have the darkness, not really easy to deal with even if you have an idea of what it is and does. then there's parasite that is just painful in even the best of situations, but if you manage to get an answer to the TP that so many of them are putting out, then you're going to have basically hamstrung the team. if they had more time i think there would be ways around that, because most of them are better than just the TP (stryfe for instance), but it's just so much of one thing...

so ultimately the versatility and sheer amount of things that have to be prepared for make me go towards PCK. however, don't hold me to this vote if you meet again in the playoffs. i'm serious about how close i think this is, and thinking about it again i very well might come to a different conclusion. or it might happen just thinking about it more, but i'm not going to devote more time to it at this point as we've waited so long as it is.

MandaloreYak likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Standings:

Poor Communication Kills (EF) 5-0 (29-11)
    The Replacement Killers (dp4m) 4-1 (28-12)
    Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1) 4-1 (25-15)
    Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim) 4-1 (25-15)
    Riders of the Storm (heels) 2-3 (21-19)
    Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) 2-3 (17-23)
    Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) 2-3 (15-25)
    Born Ready (whiteeagle) 1-4 (14-26)
    Minch's Misfits (yodaminch) 1-4 (13-27)
    The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) 0-5 (13-27)

Match Day Six

Description: Meatbags (DarkEagle) vs.Everything Right is Wrong Again (The_Chim)
    The Marvel Mashers (DLotE) vs.Mikaboshi's Heartbreakers (D1)
    Unlimited Power (Jordan1Kenobi) vs. Riders of the Storm (heels)
    Poor Communication Kills (EF) vs. Minch's Misfits (yodaminch)
    The Replacement Killers (dp4m)vs.Born Ready (whiteeagle)

Starting Point: Under the awning just outside of The Big W

[​IMG]

Numbers in 24 hours, please.

Let's see if we can't get back some momentum ...

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    When was FA going to be?

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Errr ... now? Is what what I said? After Match Day Five? So I guess 72 hours for FA/Trades/Numbers

21. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Cool. Dropping Pixie/Dust for James Hudson (Guardian).

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll swap Black Manta for Hawkgirl/Hawkman and I'm still deciding whether to swap Captain Britain for either Deadshot/Catman, Lady Shiva/Black Canary or Black Widow/Winter Soldier. I'll say Deadshot/Catman for now, since Deadshot may come in very useful in teams by taking headshots at everyone while the rest of the team fights them off.

Unlimited Power

1. General Zod
    2. Ghost Rider
    3. Sebastian Shaw
    4. Fin Fang Foom
    5. Enchantress
    6. Hawkgirl/Hawkman
    7. Deathstroke/Jericho
    8. Absorbing Man
    9. Red Tornado
    10. Deadshot/Catman

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    You guys would help me out in bunches if you would post your updated teams when you make a FA/Trade move.

24. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Whoops. My b g.

POOR COMMUNICATION KILLS
    Talisman
    Invincible
    Hercules
    Spectrum
    Hellstorm
    Plastic Man
    Radioactive Man
    Metamorpho
    Rocket Raccoon
    Star-Lord
    Guardian

25. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Good match EF.

Any chance we can get an updated FA list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk