main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN "Comic Book: The Movie," starring and directed by Mark Hamill.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dad-1138, May 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dad-1138

Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- Miramax Films, clinching a new production-distribution deal with Creative Light Entertainment, plans to release the semifictional documentary "Comic Book: The Movie," starring and directed by Mark Hamill.

Slated for a fall release, "Comic Book" is an improv film in the vein of "Waiting for Guffman" that follows the antics of the world's biggest comic fan, who has been hired to direct a documentary about his favorite comic book heroes of all time.

It was filmed on location at the world's largest comic book convention, San Diego Comic Con, and features numerous cameos from such notable pop-culture figures as "Spider-Man" creator Stan Lee, Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, director Kevin Smith and "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening, among others.

"Comic Book" was produced by Hamill and others for Creative Light Entertainment and Amazing Invisible Ink. Creative Light's first-look deal with Miramax will cover film, TV and home entertainment.

"We're excited about being in business with the team at Creative Light because of their great track record of creating highly successful fan-based productions," Miramax executive vice president Kevin Kasha said. "Our first project together, 'Comic Book: The Movie,' promises to be an exciting undertaking with widespread appeal to audiences young and old -- from comic book fans to action hero fans to loyal followers of Mark Hamill."

Specializing in genre films, Creative Light has made a name for itself with the video releases of such fan-driven product as "Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels," a one-on-one documentary with Kevin Smith; "Mind Meld: Secrets Behind The Voyage of a Lifetime," starring William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy; and the Showtime documentary "Hail Sid Caesar! The Golden Age of Comedy."

The company's upcoming projects include the coming-of-age horror film "Creature Unknown," the stand-up comedy film "Coming Out Party" and the satirical reality dating film "Reality eXtreme!"

2. Jedi_Gepper

Jedi_Gepper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Am I just really lazy, or did it not mention a specific date of release for the movie?
    I'd probably want to see that one. I don't know much about movies, but I know something about obsessed people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.