main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Comic Con '07

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Yes I know it's still a ways to go, but I'm sure we all got our Comic Con Update in the mail, or will be getting it soon. I already paid for my registration, paid for the exclusive "Vanishing Bugs", and now awaiting the situation with the hotel (It's looking like SR,DB, and myself will be rooming again as it was agreed at this years CC that we'd all pitch in again)

Anywho, I know we have C-IV to consider this year, but I know we all have a place for CC in our hearts,vacation time and wallets.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I dunno if I'll be going next year... but I'll make a hotel reservation in February anyway, probably :).

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I got the update and felt that CC excitement. Made my hotel reservations for the Hilton back in August. Just wanted to make sure I got a room, but will try for the cheaper rates in Feb. All that being said, C-IV is my top priority for this year:D . If there's money left over (or a Sugar Daddy suddenly comes into my life ;) ) I'll be going to the CC too. I'd hate to miss it, but Librarian wages only go so far!

4. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I will be in the UK during CC so I will have to pass. If there is a BSG panel, someone MUST get me a picture of Jamie Bamber.

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I think I'll skip it. It's getting way to crowded.

6. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    As usual, I'll be there. I don't know if I'll just be an "army of one" or if I'll have a posse but I'll be there.

Which reminds me...I'd better make my reservations.

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We'll be there of course -- gotta promote BeSo's new comic!

8. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Think I'll be in the UK at that time too.

9. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    if potential family expansion matters do not interfere, I am attending Celebration IV.
    If I do attend, I am most definitely, 100% skipping CC. Plus, this year was weak anyway. (so was 2005) I can not imagine anyone in their right mind flying in for Comic-Con, instead of CIV.

My efforts are focusing on May. And that is a maybe. For the money, time, hotel cost, and of course SW quality, CIV is much better use of your money and vacation time.

10. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Since I live here, I should be able to do both C-IV and CC. I definitely hope to see you again DB so we can trashed again. You pick the bar, I'll bring my credit card and/or debit card.

11. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't know that I'll be going to CC this coming year. I have the following vacation plans, CIV, London, Africa (maybe), so I don't think I'll be doing this one.

12. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I was surprised that I got the update guide so quickly, but it came in the mail last week.

Spiderman 3 surprises?

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Got the latest update in the mail today. Lucasfilm is listed as an exhibitor, and there is a mention that the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars will be celebrated.

Got my fingers crossed that I can go to this. I must be nuts.

14. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    What's his new comic? I'm guessing it's not cute otters or anything?
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album67/Hasketted.jpg]

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    It's called City of Others, it's co-written with Steve Niles, and published by Dark Horse. First issue out Feb 28! [/Haskett]

16. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I will be down maybe Friday early and return on Sunday if I get the Hilton. If not, I'm not going. I'm a snob. You try walking in TK boots around the con and see how far you want to walk in downtown SD.

17. JediMia

JediMia Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    I'm not going to Comic Con this year. At least I don't think so. If the schedule and guest lists are promising then perhaps I'll consider going. It sucked last year. I was so disappointed.
    I'm focusing on CIV because it's definitely worth the time and money. I could kiss Mr. Lucas to thank him for having it here. :*

LA rocks!!! :cool:

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I think I will breakdown and just go the weekend this year. I agree JM, I went for all four days last year and as far as content went I wasn't too happy. However last year's Comic Con to me was much different than in the past. Last year I spent a lot of time with the various fan groups. The San Deigo dinner, the 501st dinner, and even the little dinner I had with DB SJ and VK was great. So content low, social events high. I'll probably keep to the social again this year. But I'm only going if I get the Hilton and I won't have no more than one roommate if any. The bed situation I will not go through again. The past two years were rough.

19. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    [face_hypnotized] Hey SR, Try to bring a working credit card this time, eh? [face_beatup]

For the first time in five years, I will be skipping comic-Con. But, the good news
    is, I will be at Celebration IV. So Scott, this is shocking, but I will not be
    your roomy for the first time in three years.

But count me in for 2008. ;)

I agree,it is a fun time, but the content for 2006 was weak. Plus, no cute Russian
    Pedi-Cab drivers.

I agree, Hilton or Omni only. Especially in Tk armor

20. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    i see the content thing.... i get bored at CC, or rather, would if not for the social elements.

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That was two years ago DB! I agree with LB I'm going only for the social aspect and that's only if everyone goes again. That dinner Wednesday night at Seaport Village was the best. Though I guess if I only go the weeekend I'd miss that.

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Just got word that they're cutting Artist's Alley by nearly 40 tables. Every year it gets smaller and smaller. Hey, who puts the comic in Comic-con? Hmmn. Last year may have been our last year working the show. I guess we'll see!

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That is so true JB. Comic-Con has evolved into something else over the years.
    I want to go this year, since I didn't go last year, but we'll see. If anything, I'll try to go to Star Wars day.

24. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Well, I know personally... if it wasn't for the fan force or LUN stuff... last one would've been dull for me. Though I do intend to spend more time in small press next time, as I find cool stuff there.

25. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Glad you enjoyed the SDSWS/FF Annual Dinner! We will of course be having that again, worth the drive imho if you want to just come down to visit with us all. Same time, same night, same place. :)

btw I was the senior chef of that restaurant for 8 years, worked there for 11 years total... most of the recipes are mine, so I'll happily take credit for it if you liked the food. If you didn't like it, I can blame it on poor execution of my menu by the apprentices who took the reins after I left. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.