main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2002

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Excellent. I know that a few friends will be out from Phoenix this year so I will have to keep up to see what special functions will be taking place.

2. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Are they 501st? Cause I met a few of them almost a year ago for a special event in Phoenix. Me and 3 others did a road trip to help them out for a LARGE Charity event. It was FUN! :)

Jeff

3. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    I... pretty much... know all of the people who wear Klingon costumes that regularly attend the Comic-Con InterNational convention. :D

4. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Yeah, some of the Klingons weren't too happy that we started marching on their territory, it's been "their" Con for years. Something about there's not enough room for 2 Empires.... :p

We've drafted a few into the 501st, do you know Lynn Perry, Sam Dix and Nikki? They're some of my close friends that are in both groups.

Jeff

5. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah! I know Sam Dix aka the Happy Klingon, and I think I might have met Nikki.

Sam got that nickname... Happy Klingon; because he was always smiling. :), now he's the Happy StormTrooper. :)

It's Comic-Con, afterall; there's always room for 2 or more Empires. :D.

My Klingon name is Borg K'Mpec pronounced KimPECK. from the Klingon Assault Group ship called the IKV Death Merchant. :)

Be sure to tell Sam the next time you see him; that Borg K'Mpec said hi.

6. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Greetings from the Phoenix boards.... (S'up Sis)

I've been out to Con the past two years, it came up in the Phoenix boards that there's some interest in going, so I'm trying to organize a caravan over there like our trip to kick around with the LA Line Up folks. Is San Diego going as a group or individuals ? Figuring that it'd be good to meet up with you guys before we meander all over. Some of the LA Crew was also talking about a pilgramage down there and wanted to coordinate something with us.

Last year we had a group and couldn't stay at Sistine's place when she was in Mira Mesa. The hotels up there weren't too packed, were pretty decent price wise, and the trip was only about 20 mintues to get to the SDCC. That's probably where we're going to try and hook our team up again this year. Due to caravan policy though we'll probably only be there on the weekend.

May the Comics be with you....

-Void Dancer

7. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    TK,
    Yikes! I just read your post about all the hotels already all booked up. Aaaaarrrgggghhh!!!!
    So, it looks like I won't get to go after all. I had planned on making my reservation this next week at the Comfort Inn Downtown, and would have made it sooner, but I had to come up with the deposit. But, if there aren't any rooms available there, it's a moot point. I am going to give them a call to see if I might get lucky. Thanks for the info.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Skyra,

It is just the hotels downtown that are booked up. You can get a nice room for $50 or so that is close to the trolley line and ride the trolley downtown. That way you don't have to mess with parking and such. Since I live in the area I would be happy to help anyone find a hotel/motel room near transportation to and from the con.

9. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Mara,
    I would be most grateful if you could provide a list of hotels on that trolley line. I don't mind staying further away, as long as I can get a room and have easy access to downtown. Plus, the lower cost will help me out tremendously! Thanks a bunch!!!

10. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Comfort Inn , Best Western, Motel 6 all in Old Town San Diego are directly on the trolley line. I believe a couple of them are actually on San Diego Avenue, if you're calling information for them. Otherwise, you can look for any hotel on Hotel Circle (it's a street) and they will have shuttles that go to the trolley station.

11. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks for the info!! I'll start calling around.

12. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Apr 14, 2002
    Just got done creating another BookMark Folder at the San Diego Star Wars Society's Yahoo! Group called Hotels / Motels.

It has a list of the fairly inexpensive Hotels / Motels like Best Western, Motel 6.
    You can search and make Hotel reservations on-line. Most of them offer discounts to AAA (Auto-Club) members.

13. skyra

Dec 9, 2001
    Do you need to become a member of the group in order to preview the bookmarked folder? I have very little computer time anymore and it wouldn't be very fair if I join and then don't be an active participant.

14. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I think it's safe to say that none of us who live in San Diego really need a website with the hotel info for San Diego posted (we have local area phone books)... this info is purely for the benefit of non-San-Diego SW fans who are coming out here to visit!!! Please feel free to use this as a resource, it's all for you!

15. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Apr 14, 2002
    Skyra,

Yeah, you need to become a member of the San Diego Star Wars Society's Yahoo! Group, to use the BookMark Folders. To join, just click on the URL in my signature, and it will take to the Yahoo! Group!

And don't worry about your level of participation in this Group, as you can partake whenever you have the chance.

This Yahoo! Group was created to become a quick source of information for members of the San Diego Star Wars Society. And it had everything that the members of the San Diego Star Wars Society were looking for.. like a Calendar, Message Board, Photo Album, ect...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.