main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by threepio_mania, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I think I have Jason's purple satin underwear in my car [face_laugh]... how those got there.. I swear I don't know. I also have one of his prop guns, one of his lightsabers, and a whole tube of saber blades. I may have other things... but that is all I've found thus far that don't belong to me... haven't found any socks though.

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i have my car/house keys.

3. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    dammit linda u werent supposed to tell about teh incident in your car...and i thougt i had james' house keys.

hmmm, wonder which gun it is....hmmmm, i dont think its any of donny's...ahh, i remember its not a prop gun, its my daisy comp. BB gun...

4. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    hmm.. maybe i have someone else's house and car then..

5. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    ummmmmmmm.......
    yeah............

Talking Heads anyone?
    Sing along..

letting the days go by

same as it ever was

(musical interlude is now over)
    Go about your business... 8-}

6. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Maybe we should coordinate with the other groups...the OC group looks to have a list to rival ours, but we're special...we have purple underwear.
    Are these standard Imperial issue?

I think I need to go to bed....little to slap happy 8-}

7. homeless_jedi

homeless_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2002
    I had fun...enjoyed meeting some of you..and not some..things happen..and i must say i've got very lucky this year..yes indeed..being a veteran of the comic-con for more than 13yrs..i've got to say this was a great year..other than more people attending..it was very crowded..with the introduction of new faces like code3 and hyperspace..it is truly an achievement. you guys work hard on the field. and for free..that is most impressive..
    the line for the boba fett was truly disgusting. too long and full of scalpers..the autograph areas..lines were also too long for comfort.

the big surprise was daniel logan..i must say i was most dissapointed to see no line for him..he's a great kid. and deserves better.

and what happened to marvel? usually they have an entire section to themselves..that was truly dissapointing also..

of course i arrived late almost everyday, having been going to mooses almost everynight. i think i drank a bit too much and missed quite a few presentations.

on the collectible side..it was very hard to find the comics that I truly needed..there was no room to look and browse around..and some of the items they had was too new for my interest..

and a great booth from the san diego star wars society as well...

see ya all next year.. HJ

8. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    and what happened to marvel? usually they have an entire section to themselves..that was truly dissapointing also..

Marvel demanded that Comic-Con give them a booth for free. Comic-Con said there was no way they could give them a booth for free. Marvel said "But we're Marvel. You should cater to our every whim". Comic-Con said "It costs money to put on a Con this size. If you don't want to pay for a booth, we can find other people who will." So Marvel didn't show up cuz they're a bunch of egotists.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You can find Marvel at Las Vegas' first ever Comic Con this Oct 31-Nov. 2nd... *rolls eyes.*

I saw a website, forget which one, had pictures of all the larger booth set-ups, there was one blank picture amongst them and underneath it said "Marvel Booth". [face_laugh]

10. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    the big surprise was daniel logan..i must say i was most dissapointed to see no line for him..he's a great kid. and deserves better.

Um..I definately agree ;)
    Anyhow, you guys rock! I had so much fun & meeting you guys made it a better con for me. Just wanna give thanks to y'all....& u 2 Linda! Your booth gave me a place to rest my feet for a bit & chat between my busy schedule..lol.
    Next time you guys have a big event count me in. I'll fly down & hang out with you crazy kids!

Xoxo,
    Chanel

11. Darth_Vegeta

Darth_Vegeta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    /\
    Yeah, he'd stop by to chat, even joined our club! I walked by him signing and he stopped me to look at my Parks Saber and we chatted for a bit...and I'm sitting there like, "Holy crap, I'm talking to Boba Fett," but he was acting like we were just 2 dudes talking. Way cool! It's nice to see the SW mania hasn't gone to his head. Really great kid!

12. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Anyhow, you guys rock! I had so much fun & meeting you guys made it a better con for me.

You didn't meet me. :(

Or maybe you did.

I wouldn't know. Since nobody ever introduces me to new people.

It's like they're ashamed of me or something. :_|

13. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    ^We're just trying to maintain your air of mystery, Brian. ;)

14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    ack.. the PMs dont seem to be workign right now:

Chanel:
    My Site: http://www.vanecek.com/chanel
    ^ ^ ^^
    doesn't seem to be up right now.. hopefully it is a temp. problem of the net, and we can see your site soon!

15. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh ish! My sites down... :(
    I hope my mom didnt complain to my uncle & get it shut down...cuz I kinda skipped a few bills for CC but man was it worth it. I had to come home to bills, an arguing ex, dirty laundry etc. But I COULD CARE LESS! I am still grinning from ear to ear!
    I'll let you know when its back up.....
    Xoxo

PS. Brian, I was the crazy girl that had the Barriss & Tie Fighter Pilot costumes. :D

16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    and the one who i didn't recognize at all without her barriss makeup and costume when she tried to give me a t-shirt!

17. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    ...and the one who was really hot.

**edit** But really yelled alot :D and actually almost did the "head and neck" thing a couple of times. lol

18. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    PS. Brian, I was the crazy girl that had the Barriss & Tie Fighter Pilot costumes.

Nope.
    We never met. :(

I think I'd remember a Barriss costume for sure.

[face_plain]

Barriss is Luminaria's padawan right? ?[face_plain]

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ I am surprised Lloyd didn't introduce you to Chanel, since they are friends. Oh well... Chanel.. get back on the plane and come back so you can meet Brian. Brian... you paypal her the money. :p

Actually Brian, if you had been at the booth more, you would have seen a lot of Chanel as she worked her butt off the entire convention for the 501, Rebel Legion, Fanforce, and for Paizo publishing. She is one person I'd like to steal from the San Francisco Fanforce!

20. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Ooops, multi post. :(

21. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Worked her butt off?

Maybe it's in the elusive missing clear tub, with the blue socks and ladies sandals. A resourceful mad-scientist could create a heckuva project with those loose items and a bit of macaroni and chewing gum.

(In my best Kramer voice); INTRODUCING:

Penne Padawan
    Linguini Luminara
    Fettucinni Fett
    Bow Tie Fighter Pilot

Ugh, somebody stop me.

22. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Boba Fettucine?
    Nien Gnocchi?
    Bib For-tuna casserole?
    Macaroni and Chiss?
    Legolasagna --> for you LOTR fans.

23. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I am surprised Lloyd didn't introduce you to Chanel, since they are friends. Oh well... Chanel.. get back on the plane and come back so you can meet Brian. Brian... you paypal her the money.

Wait a minute.
    She's the one with the costume that is sorta Luminaria-ish right? With the dots on the face and stuff? ?[face_plain]

If so, we talked, about...something...I think...don't remember. It's all a blur. :p

24. CaptPanakaBacca

CaptPanakaBacca Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    I wore a Yoda/Mickey Disney star wars weekends Tee. Anyone see me?

25. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Penne Padawan
    Linguini Luminara
    Fettucinni Fett
    Bow Tie Fighter Pilot

Boba Fettucine?
    Nien Gnocchi?
    Bib For-tuna casserole?
    Macaroni and Chiss?
    Legolasagna --> for you LOTR fans.