main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comic Con 2003

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by sith1137, Jul 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    well i know this is sorta off topic, but i didnt know where else to put it or find any place for that matter.

So who is going to Comic Con? I think I might be able to, but im not sure.

How are you supposed to get tickets? I havent seen any place and the official site doesnt help much. Can anyone help?

2. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    Im not too sure about details. I heard it costs over 200 bucks for the weekend though and that they will try to limit each person to 2 Fetts.

If anyone is going and can help me out with getting a fett please send me a message :)

3. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    just saw there is going to be fan club breakfast there giving away fetts w/ admission Jeremey will also be there to sign it. I'm very jealous now. went to disney no silver fett at that breakfast.

4. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    I saw that and saw that its about 40 bucks. Ack.

"I heard it costs over 200 bucks for the weekend though and that they will try to limit each person to 2 Fetts"

That is quite a bit of money for it. Im just planning to go for a day though. I will be there all weekend though at a basketball tournament.

5. sith1137

Dec 13, 2001
    Well after some more searching on the official site i came across this:

Comic-Con International 2003
    Registration Prices and Exhibit Hall Hours

Registration hours are 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Thursday, July 17 through Saturday July 19, and 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sunday, July 20.

Badge pickup hours for pre-registered full, 4-day members only begin Wednesday, July 16 at 4:00 p.m. There will be no onsite registration on Wed. night.
    Remember: Only 4-day pre-registered members can attend Preview Night, Wednesday, July 16. No onsite registration will be available for Preview Night; only badge pick-up for pre-registered full members

Exhibit Hall hours are 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Thursday, July 17 through Saturday July 19, and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday, July 20.

Don't forget that programs, films, anime and gaming extend into the wee hours Thursday through Saturday!

Badge pickup for Preview Night opens at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 16. There will be no onsite registration on Wednesday night. You must have a pre-registered 4-day membership to attend Preview Night.

Full, 4-day memberships

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 5, 2003
    Pre-Registration
    Adults: $55
    Juniors (7-16)* & Seniors (60+): $27

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 18, 2003
    Adults: $60
    Juniors (7-16)* & Seniors (60+): $30

2003 AT-THE-DOOR PRICES

*Children under 12 free with PAID adult membership.

Single day memberships

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 5, 2003
    Pre-Registration
    Single Day Adults (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $20
    Single Day Juniors (7-16)* & Seniors (60+)
    (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $10
    Single Day Adults (Sunday): $10
    (Sunday): $5

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 18, 2003
    Pre-Registration
    Single Day Adults (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $25
    (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $12
    Single Day Adults (Sunday): $15
    (Sunday): $7

2003 AT-THE-DOOR PRICES
    Single Day Adults (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $25
    (Thurs./Fri./Sat.): $12
    Single Day Adults (Sunday): $15
    (Sunday): $7

*Children under 12 free with PAID adult membership.

PLEASE NOTE: Badges will NOT be mailed out in advance.
    All pre-registered badges will be available for pickup at Attendee Pre-Registration in the San Diego Convention Center's Sails Pavilion (Upper Level), beginning Wednesday, July 16 at 4:00 p.m.

Well its not quite $200. But $12 is a good price for one day. I think i might go.

6. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    I'm going, have been for the past 10 years or so. Comic Con is awesome.

You've probably already figured it out, but if you didn't pre-register, you just sign up at the door. The badge prices are very low compared to some other conventions I've been to (ex. Pasadena, ugh...).

The silver Fett wil be available at the Paizo (Star Wars Fan Club) booth for $10. Hopefully they'll limit them to 2 a person, probably hole-punch your badge or something.

And don't forget about the blue Clone Trooper bust from Gentle Giant. Those are pretty cool. They've also got that contest where you can get scanned and made into a trooper, how sweet is that?
    Gentle Giant will have their scanning truck there (obviously) and you can get yourself scanned for free. I did it last year, and it was really cool.

So if any of y'all go, be sure to look for me. I'll be in my Anakin costume all 4 days. Feel free to stop me and say hi.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    For more info, please see the Comic Con thread on the San Diego Fanforce forum. Also, you can PM one of our members Voluntyr who works for comic con and is on the comic con board. If you volunteer for 3 hours to work at comic con, you get in the rest of that day free. So just working 3 hours a day, you can get into the con for free. The San Diego Star Wars Society will have its own booth at Comic Con in Star Wars Alley. We are back to back with parksabers.com, and near the Official Star Wars FanClub booth. We are also near Master Replicas, Lucasfilm, and the Lucasarts booths. :D I'll be working the San Diego Star Wars Society booth, the Official Star Wars fanclub booth, and working the Star Wars fanfilm awards on Thursday night, and the Steve Sansweet presentation on Friday afternoon, as well as many other SW events. Stop by the booth and ask for "Linda". :)

8. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    "If you volunteer for 3 hours to work at comic con, you get in the rest of that day free."

If I volunteer do I also get free airfare and lodging? If not I doubt I'll be able to attend... :p ;)

Seriously, I was just looking through the website for the Con and it looks like it's going to be a huge event, you guys should have a great time! I can't believe all the guests and exclusives this show has, I was at a Philadelphia show years ago that was pretty big, but it was nothing compared to this. I'm glad the Star Wars exclusive is just going to be the Silver Fett, I can do with that, but I am pretty pissed about missing the Masters of the Universe Keldor figure. Of the guests Matt Groening looks like the most interesting, but Jim Lee, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Carlos Pacheco and Alex Ross are all pretty impressive as well. I hope everyone here that's going has fun, be sure to post what it was like when you get back. :)

9. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    :_| waaaaaaahhhhh I wanna goooooooo

OK I'm better now. You guys have fun! Linda, tell Jeremy that Meri from New York says hello :)

Edit: maybe one of these times I'll get the stupid emoticon to work.

10. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    So many nice things on display. I want them. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.