main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Comic Con 2003

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Pat, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    OMG! That was a blast! And it was only if FIRST day! :D Three more days to go! I thought it would be cool for us to post our stories, pics, and what not here!

2. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    Eeeeeeeeeee!!!! The torture. I know I missed a lot of great stuff today. I should have just blown off work and practice and driven down in the morning.

*curses at self*

I should be there at 1 pm tomorrow anyways.
    I have a lot of catching up to do. 8-}

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    so i gave the chief the big stack of Children of Dune postcards i grabbed way back when.. and told him to share...

4. OddeBogodde

OddeBogodde Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 24, 2002
    yeah it was lots of fun and I didn't get there until 5pm!! We got to see the Fan Force awards and the 30min Star Wars Trilogy!!! I was soo funny....

5. Rogue_Granger

Rogue_Granger Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2003
    OMG!!! Today was an absolute blast! Odde was right, SW in 30 minutes was hysterical! I loved it! I got asked to take a lot of pictures(LOL, wearing gloves and having my hair dyed people still asked for pics ;))and most people thought it was humorous that there was Ani and Obi(Brandon and Carl)and then me.Rogue.LOL.How fun! I found a girl who is dressing as Rogue tomorrow, but she doesn't have the hair so....... :D YAY!

BTW James, he did share! I made sure! They are currently in my purse...LOL....

Pat, we have to meet up...look for a Rogue and an Anakin....WE HAVE TO MEET :D

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm glad you guys are having so much fun!! Wish I could have attended. Can anyone snag me a Clone Wars cartoon poster or a Silver Boba? LOL

7. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    If anyone can pick up a Blue Clone Trooper Mini Bust for me I will be in your debt forever. :)

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I would like a Silver fett also if its not to much trouble

Thanks

John

9. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    ok i cant read this anymore i am so sad that i am not there! :_|

10. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    It?s been really sweet, just came home to rest for an hour then heading to the late night party they have after the masquerade! It the only time of the year chicks dig you because you?re in costume ;)

(okay this is Brandon using Courts SN)

11. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    the con has been absolutely increadible! We'll try and get some pics up soon....
    I got a promo signed by the cast of Van Helsing(Hugh Jackman, Kate Beckinsale). It was crazy. I
    We(Luna and I) stood in line for 3 hours to meet Wolverine himself(I was dressed as Rogue, no less)when the stupid Security Guards changed the line, but didn't bother to let anyone standing in line know...grrr...I was in front too...however, a good friend of mine was working security for the stars(not the stupid crowd control people)and he went and got one of the promos signed by everyone in the cast for me.It still wouldve been cool to get a pic with him.....but, THANK YOU MIKE!!!!
    An-e-ways, its been fun...I've actually been asked to take a ton of pics, and feeling like a celebrity isn't all that bad :D It was funny, there was a trio of X-Men(Wolverine, Jean Gray and Cyclops)but they were missing a Rogue ;) I walked by, and they wanted to take a picture with me...a couple people saw, and I was stuck for half an hour taking pictures with the "x-Men" but I didn't mind...:D
    there was two other rogues walking around but neitier had the hair...well, we are leaving for Con now, so....I'll post more later!

12. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Hello all,

This is Brandon from the San Diego SW Society (501st Vader to those that were there :))

Was great meeting those that attended.

Look forward to next gathering.

Brandon

13. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Anakin_Skywalker_X Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2002
    Yes Comic-con was truly a blast, except Courts and Luna?s little bad line experience, everything went smooth. Walking around with complements coming left and right and tones of pictures taking of me really made all the time, money, and energy that I have been spending making this Anakin costume for the last two months, all worth it. I Love you! [face_love]

Plus I have to give a big thanks to my friend April who got Carl and I a 4 day Pass, Court a 2 day, and Gen and Tommy both a one day pass, all free! You saved us all a lot of money this weekend and if it wasn?t for you, sweetheart, I would not have even been able to go.

I loved seeing are fellow neighbor Fan Force's sporting there really cool tables/booths. San Diego had cool cards, and a big wide screen showing pics, and some events they have had in the past to grab the eye of other Star Wars fans from SD to sigh up.
    Orange County, too, had a every cool setup including a cool CGI rend ration of a transport souring around the famous OC symbol, the ?Orange Death Star? Next year I can only hope we will be as big and as great as a are fellow Fan Forces. I have 100% confidants that we will have a table next year.

It was cool to see all the new Star Wars costumes again this year. Hay Brandon, it was very cool finally getting to meet the ?other Brandon? ;) (Even if it was brief) I think it?s kind of intrusting how we are both named Brandon and we are sort of the same character hehe ;)

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
  15. Rogue_Granger

Mar 10, 2003
    Great photos!

16. Darth_Pat

Darth_Pat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2003
    It was great to see some of you guys in person :)

OMG! Who was that H-O-T chick you were with, Anakin_Skywalker_X? :eek:

...must...get...number...

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    [image=http://www.signonsandiego.com/citysearch/feature/374/images/7.jpg]

I haven't felt like that since High School [face_blush] :p

17. tk-7603

tk-7603 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2003
    that would be Christy

18. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Com down Pat. [face_plain]

Also I don?t think anyone actually met you Pat, if you saw us then why didn?t you introduce your self ?[face_plain]

19. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    ha, I looked better.....in my obi-wan.....

20. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Brandon your costume rocks!! Great job! You really look like him! LOL

21. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    Maybe Pat was to shy to introduce himself. Brandon you looked GREAT!!! very cool!

22. Anakin_Skywalker_X

Sep 9, 2002
    Yes Carl you are!

Thanks guys! Hold on I just got some more from the Rebel Legion:

23. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
    All I can say is I had a blast, and surprisingly so did my bro. Though that line poodoo was pretty bad it was trying to remember where I had parked that was worse. This was further componded by the fact that we both were wearing new boots for about 19 hours.
    Wandering around downtown SD for about an hour was really sucky. Funny thing was that we were actually going in the right direction but we doubled back a few times.

Anypoo it gave me an excuse to go in my gi, hakama, sandles, and carry my bokken on sunday. Manuel still curses me for the blisters. 8-} (it's his own fault for never wearing sneakers)

It was still fun and we both got some pretty good deals the last day. Hopefully I can finish off the cameras I had and get the film developed asap. There are some pretty interesting pics in there.

24. OddeBogodde

Dec 24, 2002
    you want to talk blisters? oh my god..........

25. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    the OC pictures are located here:

http://www.ocstarwars.com/multimedia/imagegallery/comiccon2003/index.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.