main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2004! (Updated Daily)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    And kudos to you, Don. You were the best "runner" we had at the con. That scooter was indispensible for getting through the crowds and going back and forth between the booths. :D

2. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    There is an article on Yahoo that mentioned some comments made during the Q and A session, including one about killing Jar Jar. What were some of the other "ugly barbs" this article mentions?

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040725/ap_en_mo/superhero_vs__superfan_3

3. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    One woman asked him to please minimize the romance elements in "Episode III" and another asked that he kill Jar-Jar Binks, the silly alien character "who ruined the whole series," according to another fan.

The questioner's attack drew cheers from the audience, drowning out McCallum's reply that they shouldn't worry about Jar-Jar.

Hmmmmm...that's not really what happened.

McCallum's reply was after the audience response died down. Everybody could hear what he said.

4. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Actually the jerk didnt say "silly Alien character", it was more like, "Jamaican joke that ruined the series". Coming off a tad on the racist side perhaps? Jackass. :rolleyes:

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    And it was BOOS not CHEERS

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ I love your new avatar Jeremy. ;)

7. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Anybody know who the Elvis Stormtrooper was? That guy was great! :) (Kicked myself for not getting a picture with him.)

8. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I love your new avatar Jeremy.

OMG SPOILERZ!!!!!111!!! :eek:

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    The Elvis Trooper is from the Golden Gate Garrison of the 501st (San Francisco and surrounding area). Don't worry, he is at every comic con so you will have an opportunity to get your picture taken with him in the future.

10. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'm from Vegas and I shoulda had a photo taken with him instead of just of him. heh

Bay area, huh? I always thought he was San Diegan :)

As a longtime fan, I actually enjoy Jar Jar but Rick said we "don't have to worry about him". hopefully that means we will only see very little of him and not his death/assassination?

That comment about Mace turning the tide...sounds creepy but it could mean many things.

Just wanted to say hi since I wasn't able to say it while i was there. the location of both booths was pretty cramped up what with the many toy vendors nearby.

Cool to see and hear Hayden's cool comments on Danakin's duds!

Dude on the Dooku lightsaber...weird perv.

11. princess_jedi123

princess_jedi123 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Well it seems to me that you guys had a very good comic con. It was probably the best to date ever since the con opened. It's cool because that is where the first star wars was introduced to the public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.