main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2004! (Updated Daily)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sith_241, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    We got confirmation!

SD STAR WARS SOCIETY TRIVIA
    FRIDAY, JULY 23
    3-4pm
    ROOM 1A

2. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    This is all so confusing for me, so I'll just hang around you guys and follow you to the Star Wars events.

3. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    so, one question... how much does parking cost at the conventioncenter again? i forget...isnt it like $5 or something?

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I think it was $8? That is if you are lucky enough to get parking.

5. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hey How early should you be there to park in the center like 7am or 8 or is that even late, it mite be full by then?

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    The earlier the better... I know by 8 it is full up. Remember they are opening at 9am on Saturday this year, so be there before 7am on Saturday... maybe even earlier than that.

7. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Hey well the breakfast is at 7am right? so i will be there at 6am.

8. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Lets organize car pools. I bet Mike, Donny, Brian, and myself could car pool together.

9. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    yeah i think it's going to be 8$ to park agine.( that makes it the cheapest parking in town)
    on the week days figure on being there around 8:00 if you want parking , it'll be full up soon after .
    the week end get there even earlier . figure about an hour earlier than you did during the week.
    while i have found parking as late as 8:45 in the past it's realy not worth risking it . other parking around town will definatly cost you more , up to 50$ on week ends becuse they know theres a con in town .( they often increas rate when they know theres a big con. in town)

you can sit in line if you want to be one of the first though the door .
    or walk into the gas lamp for breakfast , or pack breakfast and sit out back over looking the bay and eat.
    man i hate lines . thats all i did at pmx a couple of weeks ago . stood in the registration line from 4:00 till 7:30 friday night .then about another 6 to 8 hours in various lines on saturday.including being in line for the pycho le cemu concert . that line was from 6:00 till 10:30 .i am not looking forward to more lines.

10. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    Actually, the cheapest parking in town is knowing someone who has an apartment that's around a block away from the convention center. hehe

11. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Get a job at Seaport Village, get your parking sticker, then quit. They don't cancel the old parking permits until the end of summer.

I'm still on the "emergency call" list at the Greek restaurant, even though I don't work there anymore. So I get to keep my permit and park for free, one block from the Con.

12. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Yikes! What horror stories about parking. Fortunately for me, since we're only visiting San Diego for the ComiCon and my mom and brother aren't going (just me and a friend), I'm just being dropped off and picked up each day. :)

13. Sith_241

Sith_241 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    last year on sat i got there at like 7...and had no problems

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I am told that Comic Con will have the floor map of where everyone/everything is located tomorrow. :D

15. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    /\ I can't wait to see the map!
    Wonder how big it's going to be this year? Last year they used some of the floor space to widen the aisles which made it much easier to navigate then before, especially with a stroller. That and with all that floor space the people have more room to spread out in which is nice too.

16. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Hey, I want to do the Breakfast thing... who do I talk to about that and how much is it again ?
    JERMS/MasterBarkeep/TK-3633

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    First Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast of 2004!
    May 28, 2004

Tickets are scheduled to go on sale Thursday, June 3 [my bolding] for the first Official Star Wars Fan Club event to take place since the Club returned home to Lucasfilm. Members of the Fan Club are invited to purchase tickets at StarWarsShop.com for the premiere 2004 Fan Club Breakfast, slated for Saturday, July 24 during San Diego Comic-Con International.

Fan Club members and their guests will get VIP treatment at the breakfast, starting with finding one of Hasbro's limited-edition silver sandtrooper action figures and a souvenir ticket at each place setting. Guests can look forward to breakfast at the Marriott Hotel & Marina, a goody bag stocked with treasures from the Lucasfilm Licensing archives, and the chance to share the morning with fellow Star Wars fans. Steve Sansweet of Lucasfilm and other special guests will share news and answer questions, and some lucky members will win prizes, too!

Look for more details on starwars.com on Thursday, June 3, 2004 when registration is scheduled to open. Tickets will go on sale at StarWarsShop.com. This is the first in a series of Fan Club events scheduled for the summer.

Breakfast registration will be limited to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, but each member may also purchase one ticket for one guest. This guest is not required to be a member, but must be accompanied by the member at the breakfast. Tickets will be sold only while supplies last.

Tickets were $57.32 each (I think). I bought my two tickets just before my Hyperspace membership expired. So I can't get into Hyperspace now to check if that is right or not.

18. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Bad news guys :( I have to cancel my trip to SDCC. I've been out of work for over 2 months now and won't have the money to make it out there. So I won't get to meet you all this year :( Figures this will be the biggest year for Star Wars as well (major pout)

But I will definitely be there next year!

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear about your job situation Meri, and even sorrier I won't get to meet you this year. Don't worry, Comic Con will still be plenty of fun next year, as will Celebration! ;)

20. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Does one have to be a member of hyperspace to get tickets ? If so, can I float some one the money to buy a ticket for me or what ?

21. JediLuner

Jul 26, 2003
    Yes I am!!!! I have off to day, so I can make it happen, i can use my bank accant!!! so i can get cash form you whenever let me know and i will do it!!!

JediLuner@yahoo.com

#-619-469-6592

Kenneth

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/06/news20040623.html

Adult "kids" often have all the fun, but this year at Comic-Con International kids who really are kids will enjoy Star Wars give-aways and fun planned just for them.

Sunday is traditionally Kids' Day at Comic-Con, and on Sunday, July 25 the tradition will continue. Here are highlights for young Star Wars fans. Kids and their parents should keep checking starwars.com and comic-con.org for updates on the Comic-Con 2004 programming schedule.

Padawan Penciling: Drawing Star Wars with Joe Corroney
    Sponsored by Lucasfilm and Comic-Con International
    Room 1A
    Sunday, 12:30 -- 1:30 PM

Star Wars artist Joe Corroney will show kids 12 and under how to draw famous Star Wars characters, including aliens, droids, and favorite heroes and villains. Kids will learn drawing tips and tricks, practice sketches, and can also design their very own Star Wars character to take with them. Art materials will be supplied--kids just need to bring their imaginations! Read more about Joe Corroney in this article.

Kids' Day Star Wars Activities at the Lucasfilm Pavilion
    Front of Hall D
    Sunday, All Day

LEGO Special Give-Away -- 2004 Collection: Kids ages 6 to 12 years (with their parents) can stop by the LEGO booth in the Star Wars pavilion on Sunday and enter to win the entire, new LEGO 2004 Star Wars collection of building sets. Kids who sign up will not have to be present to win the collection -- LEGO will ship it to them at a later date. Kids and their parents can also pick up a free mini TIE fighter model kit at the LEGO booth during Comic-Con while supplies last.

Scholastic "Draw Your Favorite Star Wars Character" Contest: Scholastic, publishers of the popular Star Wars novels for young readers, will provide art supplies to young visitors. Kids who draw their favorite Star Wars character at the Scholastic booth on Sunday will receive a free Star Wars book from the new Jedi Quest series, while supplies last, and a special certificate for participating. At the end of the day one winner will be announced for the best interpretation of their chosen character, and will receive the Grand Prize of a Scholastic Star Wars-themed gift pack.

Star Wars Insider Magazine Free Cartoon Sketches for Kids: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM -- Francis Mao of IDG Entertainment, publisher of Star Wars Insider, will sketch Star Wars character cartoons for kids 12 and under, in the Insider/Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club area of the pavilion on Sunday. Francis' whimsical art is featured in the next Insider magazine. Kids can come by and ask for their own special, drawn-on-request Star Wars cartoon character sketch.

Star Wars Insider Magazine Drawing Contest: Insider will supply the paper and contest rules, and young artists 12 years old and younger can create their own Star Wars artwork, then mail it to Insider after the show. The Insider staff will judge the work and print the winning masterpieces in the magazine. Insider will split the entries into age categories.

Anthony Grandio Star Wars Checks for Kids: Kids can take their parents by the Anthony Grandio booth in the Star Wars pavilion for special Star Wars checks printed just for kids. The checks have full Star Wars check features and images, just like the ones their parents use. They are not negotiable, but will help kids learn how to use a checking account.

Dark Horse Star Wars Comic Book Give-Away
    Dark Horse Booth
    Sunday, while supplies last

Dark Horse Comics will be located right across the aisle from the Star Wars Pavilion at Comic-Con. On Sunday, the staff plans to give all kids who come by the pavilion a free Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures comic by Welles Hartley and the Fillbach Brothers, while supplies last. The Clone Wars Adventures series is inspired by the Cartoon Network's Clone Wars cartoons. In this free comic, Jedi Master Luminara Unduli and her Padawan, Bar

23. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I found out where the X-Wing is coming from and who gets to keep it... and boy am I jealous!

The X-wing is coming from Denver and will be returned to the Rocky Mountain Fanforce (Denver Chapter). Per Denver's Chapter Rep Sith__Chick:

Wings Over the Rockies, where the first Celebration was held, still has the X-Wing. It needs some repair done to it & our fan force was asked if it would like the honor of fixing it up. Well duh, yeah we want to.

When we caught wind it was leaving Denver our former CR got a hold of Sansweet to see what we could do to keep it here. He said "fix it up!" we said "ok, when?" July 10th WOTR is having a huge farewell party, and on the 12th it will be shipped off to S.D., did you hear about that MJF?

Along with the 501st, after much bikering, (if you want to know the story, just ask) we are going to have a huge showing of how all SW geeks can get along & play well with each other.

Their fanforce chapter along with the 501st is busy restoring the X-Wing before its trip out here... unfortunately we will have to give it back to them after comic con. *sob* *sniff* Even if I can't be a part of the restoration workshops, I'm still hoping they will let me buy one of their shirts they've printed up. Check out the Denver Fanforce for more info.

24. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    All the more reason for you guys to go to StarFest in Denver! WhoooHooooo! :D

25. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ComiCon thread... stay on target, stay on target! :)

We can start a Trip To Denver thread after Con. Cool?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.