COMIC-CON 2004

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    It takes place July 21-25 in San Diego. This is the biggest con in the country! They'll have the SW FanFilm Awards Thursday night, and Star Wars Day is Friday. I'm sure they'll have previews if the SW DVD set, as well as other surprises! Anyone DEFINITELY going, let me know ASAP, so we can figure a carppol, where to stay, etc. My cousin works for Holiday Inn, so I'll see if we can get a hook-up. Deadline for pre-registration is APRIL 16.
  2. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I wouldn't miss this even if the Earth's sun exploded... *Mental note, bring sunblock...*
  3. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Anyone else planning on going, besides myself, Dale and Ming?
  4. Jazmachine Jedi Knight

star 2
    I will find out if I can go later this week..I'll let you know. Hopefully I can go.
  5. NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP

VIP
    Here's the skinny on San Diego...

This year apart from the Lucasfilm booth, Coolwaters Productions will be a bunch of us actors signing in the downstairs area. On the Saturday, Billy Dee and I will be doing a rare appearance together signing the Millenium Falcon cockpit Lando/Nien shot. Click here for details on other guests...

http://www.derekmaki.com/id49.html

Also... there are rumors and only rumores, of Warwick Davis and Carrie Fisher, shedules allowing (but ya didn't hear that from me okay?).

It's gonna be a blast!!!

Mike Quinn
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Mike!!!
    Good to hear from you and thanks for visitng our boards! :) I dunno if you remember me but we met at WonderCon last year. We'll definetly see you at WonderCon this year and then we'll definetly see you at Comic-Con too! Visit again soon and may the Force be with you!!!
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Hey, Mike! Great to hear from you!
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just a reminder that pre-reg deadline before the price goes up is this Friday, April 16. After that the price goes up after every couple of weeks.
  9. Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, if someone wouldn't mind getting me a Silver Sandtrooper I would appreciate it very much. I can trade for some Silver Clones, or pay you by check. :)
  10. SWFAN3 Force Ghost

star 1
    Hello.
    Interested as well.

Please provide details.

Thank you.
  11. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Master

star 4
    i'll tell the rouges and maby both our fan forces can go together!
  12. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm so proud! AJ has taken his first step to CR-ship by being liason for the Rogues. ;)

Sadly I will be in the middle of summer classes so I will miss ComicCon....again.
  13. Hand-Schaub Jedi Knight

star 1
    I better not have class then but if not I will expect to see you all there!! This is the first Comic -Con which I feel we are all very close and very strong!!!

Be there!!!!
  14. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Pre-reg done,
    Vacation time booked,
    Rogue Leader has 4 greens and is go.

When WonderCon is over, we should begin to prepare for ground assualt. :)
  15. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Copy, Rogue Leader! Commencing Attack Pattern "Delta".
  16. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Attack pattern Delta... The single file formation that allows the lead fighter to take hits while the other a screened behind to prepare to strike. Personally I like a classic pincer formation... ANYWAY!!!!! Hell yeah! Let's do this! :)
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just found out about some SW guests:

IRVIN KERSHNER (director of ESB)
    BILLY DEE WILLIAMS (Lando)
    JEREMIAH JENSENN (Kit Fisto)
    MIKE QUINN (Nien Nunb)
    DAVID BARCLAY (puppeteer for Jabba)
    MERCEDES NGOH (Rystall-ROTJ SE)

More guests to be announced!
  18. BlueHarvest1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hope these guys show up. Last two years I've gone dont remember seeing Mr. Quinn and GARRICK HAGON aka Biggs both were scheduled Biggs no showed both times.

Here is who I remember being there the last 2 years.

2003 Amy Allen,Daniel Logan,Peter Mayhew,Jeremy Bulloch,Mercedes Ngoh,Mark Hamill (wouldnt sign Star Wars merch)

2002 William Hootkins,Michonne Bourriague,Warwick Davis,Amy Allen,Steve Sansweet,Peter Mayhew,Dave Prowse,Ray Park,Jeremy Bulloch,Mercedes Ngoh,Mark Hamill (wasnt signing he was filming a movie)

Bill "Porkins" Hootkins was a real cool guy. Hope he is there for you guys to get a chance to meet.
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, I met Bill at C2. he signed my picture, "Aaaaaaaaargh!" (his last line in ANH)!
  20. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    An update on the SW exclusives for ComicCon:

Gentle Giant Studios will have an exclusive Luke as Stormtrooper bust available. Those who purchase it will have their faces scanned to be either be made into their very own bust of either a stormtrooper disguise or X-Wing pilot!

Master Replicas will have their.45 scale Obi-Wan Ep. IV lightsaber debuting as well.
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks like tix for the Star Wars Breakfast will go on sale at starwarsshop.com on June 3 on a first come, first serve basis. Last year Dale and I were only two of three people in costume. Cool exclusives, and we got to have breakfast with BOTH Boba Fetts! This year, who knows?
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    More SW guests:

KEVIN J. ANDERSON (author: numerous SW books, comics, graphic novels)

TERRY BROOKS (author: Episode I novelization)

MATTHEW STOVER (author: SW:NJO: Traitor, SW: Shatterpoint, and upcoming Episode III novelization)

MARK COTTA VAZ (author: ILM: Into The Digital Realm, The Art of SW: Episode II, The Secrets of 'Shadows of The Empire', The Invisible Art, From Star Wars To Indiana Jones-The Best of The Lucasfilm Archives)

TIMOTHY ZAHN (author: Heir To The Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command, Specter Of The Past, and Vision Of The Future, SW: Survivor's Quest)
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, they've started selling tix for the SW Celebrity Breakfast for Saturday, July 24 from 7-9 am at the Marriott next to the con. Tickets are *gulp* $57.32. (I think they were $30 last year) Besides having breakfst with some of the SW celebs that will be there, you get a con exclusive silver sandtrooper figure, a goody bag from Lucasfilm, and one fan will get a "deluxe gift package", whatever that means! I'm not sure if I'm going. I guess it depends who's going to be there, like Billy Dee or Carrie Fisher. Now if Natalie were there, I'd MAKE her breakfast, hand-feed her grapes, whatever! "I will do anything you ask."
  24. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    $57.32 for breakfast is quite ummm... a lot. Yeah, I think it would depend on who's going. It's alright I usually skip breakfast anyway. If Natalie was going every fan boy and their dads would be there. ;)
  25. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Their dads, Ming? I guess you're right. Speaking of which... Happy 23rd Birthday today, Natalie!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.