San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    Just putting Comic-Con 2005 onto the collective radar:

http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIWhatsNew.html

July 14-17, 2005 with Preview Night on July 13.
    San Diego Convention Center

the comic-con FAQ:
    http://www.comic-con.org/Pages/CCIFAQ.html

Any guesses as to what wacky Star Wars stuff will be at the 2005 con? lots of Revenge of the Sith stars? return of the big Lucasfilm pavilion? Beast Boys' return at the masquerade?

as always, the San Diego Star Wars Society will be there.. and in greater numbers!
  2. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Beast Boy! Beast Boy! Beast Boy! :D
  3. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow its early this year.

I might be there.. I might not. I probably will be there as always though for a 3rd year :)
  4. BelaLugosi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks for posting this, James. If all goes well, I'll be heading that way with some of the other peeps from Mos Alba. I've also spoken with some of the costumers on TDH and we may have a contingent of custom Mandalorians and Fetts at the 'Con; should be swank.

see you all there,
    Cheers!
  5. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Um...I'll be there...I think...
  6. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Already pre-regged last con so we'll be there.
  7. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    WOOO HOOOOOOO!!!

I just got my letter from ISV, and I don't leave for Australia until July 28th!!! I can go to Con!!!!!!!! :D

BEAST BOY!!
  8. Volntyr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ugh, please don't remind me SO soon...Still relaxing from the last one. I dont want to think about Volunteers until January or February at the earliest. When you have to deal with the numbers I deal with, you would understand too! :)

Vol
  9. Dune_Sea_Hermit Force Ghost

star 1
    Padres playing at home during Con

This year Comic-Con fans can look forward to the joy of fighting baseball fans for trolley seats and parking spaces. The Padres will be hosting a four game series against Arizona during the Con. The evening games might not result in too much conflict, but the Sunday game starts at 1:05 and could generate a huge trolley and parking nightmare.

I asked the Padres to move the series to Arizona. They replied that they are aware of the conflict, but were bound by the MLB-set schedule. If you'd like to petition for a change in venue or request that they make the Sunday game a night game, write to comments@padres.com .

Just wanted to warn you.
  10. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    well, since the con attendees will probably tie up all the parking first, it's the padres fans that will be unhappy...

but getting out of the area whether by car or trolley will be a zoo!
  11. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Boy, I knew that downtown ballpark was a stupid idea. [face_plain]
  12. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Its a great idea and the ballpark is beautiful. Honestly, the traffic isn't that bad at the games I went to. Yeah it'll be short on parking but we're not the ones who will have to worry about it. I doubt any Padres fans will be arriving at the game at 7am.
  13. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
    Its a great idea and the ballpark is beautiful.

Inside is nice.

Outside is fugly.
  14. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The outside is okay, they just need more green. There was supposed to be Ivy all over the ballpark but it didn't grow like they had hoped. However I do know for a fact that they are doing what they can this offseason to bring more plants and green to the ballpark.
  15. Volntyr Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am wondering if anyone has seen the masively new parking garage right next to the Convention center. It looks to be about 5 stories and can probably hold up to 2500 cars. This is in addition to the padres parking garage next to The Omni.

I am only guessing here but since the thursday, friday and saturday games are at 7:05pm, it shouldnt complicate the traffic down there too much. Sunday is a day game at 105pm. The game should get out around 4pm and hopefully traffic will die down around 5 to 6pm. Just around the time the Con closes anyways.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong...

Vol
  16. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    If the Padres are losing then the traffic won't be so bad. ;)

It's amazing how little the city regards the convention that brings them the most income during the year.
  17. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't say anything besides....
    Geez!! :rolleyes:
  18. ObiWill Jedi Master

star 4
    Kristin and I might be there for Comic-Con this year. We miss San Diego and came about 10 days too late for the con last year. The hotels look great but we'll probably stay at her brother's house in Mission Valley again.

I've had a craving for breakfast here again ever since. I could use a cup of their Mexican Hot Chocolate right now -- it's 18 DEGREES here. [face_plain]
  19. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I hope you and Kristin can come out for Comic Con this year. It would be great to see you both again. :D
  20. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am all signed up and ready for comic con. I am hopeing to fionish my storm commando costume before comic con. Not to worried about it, still have plenty of time
  21. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok looks like Tulare County will be at ComicCon again this year. But NOT in the costume competition..even though last year was a high (Darth is STILL in his box in my living room), Ani and I want to play in our outfits. Also, how do we get into doing volunteer work for the SW booths. Is the X-Wing going to be back? Is Anakin REALLY going to the Dark Side..stay tuned cause Enquiring Minds want to know. (Ok long day at a four day seminar..I'm fried!) :)
  22. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll probably be helping with volunteers again this year, so I'll make sure you're notified Master K. :)

Now where are my pictures from the Make-A-Wish event? ;)
  23. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    okay, we have some people coming from Mos Alba but don't know how many. Have to buy the tickets soon and just realized the dates are different then last I checked.
  24. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    hey guys, I am having a problem. This is Varza from the Mos Alba group. But are there still rooms avaible? I am having a hard time finding some.

I have my passes just no where to stay.
  25. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    You can call the hotels directly and book a room at the non-convention rate (anywhere from $200 to $350 per night); or you can get a room further away (8-10 miles from the convention center).

Did you call the travel agency that Comic-Con has hired to handle the room reservations?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.