Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by jawajames, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Steve will most likely officially announce the contents and release date for the ROTS DVD (either 11/1 or 11/8) and probably announce the titles of the TV series.
  2. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    That what I was under the impression, I can't wait!!!!
  3. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you think there is any chance of him giving any info on the plot and chracters of the Live ACtion TV Show and if he does announce the titles of the two upcoming TV Shows that would be fine too.
  4. MissPadme Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm at Comic Con only on Friday, and I have to pick up my action figures and see/do other things before the Spectacular. Do you really think that post-ROTS it'll be that crowded? There's no way I'm staying all day in there.

--MissPadme
  5. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    The crowd will be THIS Big: [:D]

LOL

And Yes I do anticipate that the crowd will be HUGE even tho it is Post-ROTS
  6. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    And a lot of people from the West Coast didn't go to Celebration III, so this is their big Star Wars convention for the year.
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    They should just re-do the Opening Ceremonies for C3, for those who couldn't get in. ;)
  8. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
  9. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
  10. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was "IN" the opening ceremonies. The stormtrooper center stage at the opening. I wouldn't mind doing that over again, just I hope that Steve wouldn't trip and fall this time. :(
  11. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait to see what happens and play Battlefront II.
  12. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    battlefront 2 is cool I played that at C3.
  13. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^^

Do you think they will have a more complete version of Battlefront II since it's a couple of months a part from Celebration III.
  14. Darth_Phantom529 Jedi Padawan

O O O O O O O THIS WILL BE MY FIRST TIME GOING TO THE COMIC-CON THIS YEAR!!!! unfortunately i dont even know if i can go :_| I am only 14 and i got two D's on my report card and my mom may not let me go!!!! yet she may [face_batting]
  15. MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thursday, can any one pick me up EARLY in the morning (at Ralphs in Mira Mesa) on their way to comic con and drop me off aftterworks ? Boss "Can you stay 1 more hour" insists i work then.... ugh.... help ? It's the ONLY day I'll need a ride, every other day I'll be fully rested and in top form, thanks !
    p.s. Master Replicas contacted me, they want me to run their lines for them at comic con ! SWEEEEEET ! M.R. swag ! And an exhibitors badge ! Things are looking up !
    JERMS/Tk-3633 !!![face_good_luck]
  16. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    just found out our CR, Wook is going to be there again this year. Man, I am so jealous of her!
  17. Dune_Sea_Hermit Force Ghost

star 1
    According to the Insider's Guide to Comic-Con on starwars.com, the fan club breakfast begins even earlier than previously announced.

Saturday, July 16:
    3rd annual Fan Club Breakfast -- For members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club. The breakfast has been sold out for some time, but members of the Fan Club can anticipate more events on the horizon. 6:30 -- 8:30 AM; Marriott Hotel & Marina
  18. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Woo Hoo! Wook is coming! :D

I'll be in New Mexico around the 28th of July thru the 3rd of August or so. I'll post on your board Varza when I know for certain the exact dates. :D
  19. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    awesome! I think I have a 3 day weekend around that time! sweet!!
  20. Darth_Phantom529 Jedi Padawan

Hey this is gonna be my first time going but i dont know where the comic-con is :confused: is it actually in Petco Park cause i was reading the replys and i dont really know SOMEONE PLEASE SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND EXPLAIN
  21. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    /\ It is in the San Diego Convention Center Downtown which happens to be across the street (sort of) from the new Petco Park. You can get there by Trolley which runs right in front of the Convention center.
  22. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    here is everything you need to know about the 'where' of comic-con:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_trans.shtml

take the trolley, or use their free shuttles around downtown, or park downtown.

The San Diego Trolley is even going to run special trolleys from Qualcomm Stadium (free parking) and other Mission Valley stops directly to the Convention Center for $4.50 round trip.

Special Event Service (see map)

During the times of heaviest demand at the 2005 Comic-Con event on Frday, Saturday, and Sunday , the Trolley will provide ? Special Event ? service from Qualcomm Stadium and Mission Valley stations to the ballpark area via the Convention Center route. These trains will serve all Mission Valley stations from Qualcomm Stadium west including the Old Town Transit Center. This more direct service will shuttle passengers to and from the Convention Center. Please call 1-800-COMMUTE for additional service information.

Special Event Service Hours

Trains operate between Qualcomm Stadium and the Convention Center every 15 minutes as follows:

Friday morning, July 15, 2005 - 9:00 a.m. until 12 noon
    Friday evening, Special Event service resumes departing the Convention Center toward Qualcomm Stadium from 4:15 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.(7pm Padres game)
    Saturday, July 16, 2005 - 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. (7pm baseball game)
    Sunday, July 17, 2005 - 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. (1pm baseball game)
  23. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone going to watch the showing of labyrinth/dark crystal on the friday night of comic con?show starts at 7pm in room 6B.
  24. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    /\ I so desperately want to go see those movies but it's too late at night for us. I want to see Brian Henson and those 2 movies are among my list of movies I could never live without.
  25. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    So have you got the kids with you when it starts at 7pm?I remember labyrinth from when I was small being hooked on it and some parts making me laugh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.