Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by jawajames, Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBrian Force Ghost

star 4
  2. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    We bring the kids the whole time. They're always with us. We're freeks and don't believe in sitters ;)
    I have both movies on DVD and the kids know them somewhat. I need to show them the whole thing still. Gavin's only getting old enough to sit still that long.
  3. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well yes brian henson will be hosting the showings so it will be great to see him. I have the labyrinth film poster which i bought at C3 and got the puppeteers from the star wars films that were also in labyrinth to sign it, I just may bring it along in a poster tube cause I would love for brian henson to sign it also if he is doing autographs.
  4. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    Woot! Got my gauntlets:
    [image=http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2108/picture2774jr.jpg]
  5. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I'm tempted to go the the Labyrinth showing, but I think Donna said we're doing something on the other board?? :confused:
  6. foxbatkllr Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I may go see Labyrinth if Emily is able to get the day off from work. She loves that movie...I like it too, of course.
  7. redsith17 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know I am WAAAAYYYYYYYYY behind the power curve, but I'm all registered for the weekend. Hope to see all of you there!
  8. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    I decided I'll be in TIE on Thursday for sure and probably on Sunday as well.
  9. redsith17 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Are most of you planning on doing costume for the Con? I heard it is incredibly hot and from the line event, I'm weary of donning the black for the whole day. On the other hand, where else can I play dress up for 4 days? Mwahahaha:)
  10. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4
    I'll do the TIE suit on Thursday since there's nothing in Hall H I really care about that day. Friday and Saturday are both all-day Hall H so I don't want to be in costume then. Sunday I only want to see The Rock in Hall H, so I'll probably do costume then.
  11. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Does anyone need (or know of someone) who needs a place to stay for the duration of the con? There are three of us guys staying at the Fairfield Inn about 3-4 miles away, and if divided by four, it comes to $168 each for the whole week (Wednesday-Sunday)! PM please.
  12. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Last year there were air conditioning malfuntions which made it hotter than it should have been. Hopefully this won't be a problem this year.
    We're suiting up on Friday.
  13. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just have recieved more news from the uk

Thousands of people are being evacuated from Birmingham city centre after police issued a terror warning.

West Midlands Police said no vehicles are being allowed past the inner ring road.

Around 200 bars, restaurants and clubs are being emptied and searched

A spokeswoman said: "West Midlands Police are issuing a public warning to people after they received intelligence to suggest a threat to the city centre.

"Our response needs to be proportionate in the actions we are taking and informing the public.

"We are not closing bars, restaurants or clubs but we are asking for them to be searched and for people entering the premises to be searched."

edit: Just to give you a rough estimate the actual birmingham city centre is about the same size as downtown indianapolis

Outlining details of the road closures, the spokeswoman continued: "There will be a higher police presence in the city centre and access by vehicles will be limited.

"No vehicles will be allowed past the inner ring road into the city centre."

14. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I'll probably costume Thursday and Friday. Saturday and Sunday I'll probably just be in club shirts. :)
  15. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Is anyone beside Brendan and I doing the Star Wars on Vacation theme for Sunday? It's really fun to do and a nice way to end the con.

Just wear a Hawaiian shirt, shorts or pants, and casual shoes (flip-flops, sandals, sneakers) then accessorize with your Jedi Outer robe, helmet (Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, TIE Pilot, X-Wing Pilot, Bounty Hunter) and a lei around your neck. I have a sign for mine that says "Jedi On Vacation" but you could have "Stormtrooper on Vacation" or "Bounty Hunter on Vacation", etc.

Brendan said we can decorate the booth in "tropical" theme, so I'll go looking for the inflatable palm tree I bought a couple of years ago. If you have any luau items, bring them on Sunday.

:D
  16. JediG60racer Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe we can show Lilo and Stitch in the booth on Sunday afternoon. :)
  17. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    ROTFL! [face_laugh]

I'll bring it if you want. :D
  18. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    I'm up for Jedi on Vacation. I'll go steal a hawaiian shirt from my dad and I'll just have to remember to get my kukui lei out of my car.

If you want, Donna, I have 2 dashboard hula men sitting in my car that we could decorate with (and I have a TON of shell leis). :)
  19. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    YES! Bring them! :D

I have a couple of extra Hawaiian shirts for anyone who wants to "play".
  20. Darth_Phantom529 Jedi Padawan

THANK YOU MARA JADE FAN!!!! and i just wanted to tell everyone I CAN GO OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I AM GOING TO THE COMIC-CON HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!O and since this is only the first time i am going i am not going as anything but next year i may go as Jango Fett :Dlove it
  21. jess_squared Jedi Knight

star 2
    I've got a bunch of Hawaiian themed stuff myself. We did a Hawaiian theme for my graduation party, so we've got plenty of random stuff left over from that.
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just bumped into Matthew Wood today at work. He was on his way to see "Batman Begins" in IMAX. He remembered me from a couple months ago at an event in Sacramento and says he can't wait for Comic-Con! :) Oh, and Linda, he was with a female companion. Sorry.
  23. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    If I get a chance to finish my outer robe I might do Sunday.
    I really need a babysitter the rest couple days if I'm to get anything done [face_beatup]

edit: Really helps if I can spell...
  24. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well Matt, I can still hover around his table at con. :p

Donna, I still have those straw hats and Leis for Jedi on Vacation Sunday. I'll bring those on Wednesday too.
  25. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Donna, I'll take a Hawaiian shirt. When I asked my dad if I could borrow one, I got "the look." ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.