main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Sure thing.

Or you could just go buy one for yourself because we do this every year. :)

2. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Ya Know... I just NOW figured with my hair line the way it is, I would'a made a great Palpatine, I can even do the voice. .... oh well... maybe next year. I'll be TIE pilot, D.S. Gunner, or Imperial Tech every day. Cause in full costume is the only way to go !
    Jerms/TK-3633 [face_good_luck]

3. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    meh, he will see Linda again and be like "female compaion who?"

man! almost all my webcomics artists are going to be at the con! waaaaa!!!! and kevin smith and a panel on firefly and a panel on star wars... I wonder how upset my boss would be if I disappeared for a week?

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Varza.. you are right, I shouldn't give up so easy. hehe

Well, I will be picking up Ben at the airport tonight, and picking up Roseanna tomorrow... going to have a full house :D

5. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    :cool: for ben being in San Diego!!!

6. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    never give up! never surrender! thats what I always say! unfortunatly, I don't do it as often... :p

7. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    AICN is trying to spread a rumor that George will show up at the Spectacular on Friday night.

8. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
    :eek:

That would be mind boggling!

Highly Unlikely....but cool

9. swguru2004

Nov 17, 2003
  10. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    ^ Pretty funny that they give set prices on parking when we all know that prices are fairly low on Wednesday/Thursday ($8 ish) and then skyrocket on Friday/Saturday ($20+ in some lots)...

11. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    the prices will most likely go up even further . i remember seeing lots charging 50$ on saturday during con a couple of years ago.

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Moriah's flight is stuck in New York. She just called and woke me up to say that they haven't even taken off yet because it's raining cats and dogs at JFK right now.

Hopefully her flight won't be delayed too much longer... :(

13. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Not sure if anyone is a Final Fantasy Gamer like me, but Thursday night ONLY in San Diego at the Embarcadero Marina Park South there is a concert for the Final Fantasy Music, all in orchestra, all professionally done. I think in fact by the guy who wrote most of the music for FF6-11 ? Just though you like that guy, I know I'm going... here's a link

http://www.sandiegosymphony.com/index.php

go and enjoy..
    JERMS/TK-3633 [face_good_luck]

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Moriah's in the air and currently over Illinois. Her flight will be getting here at almost 2 now. All's good. :)

15. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    By the time she de-planes, gets her luggage, you guys get back to the car and pay for parking you should be close to 3:30 or so. Just park at Seaport Village and walk over to the convention center.

16. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Depends on if there's a Serenity screening Thursday night. If not, I'm probably going.
    So far I haven't heard anything about a Serenity screening. But I'm not giving up hope
    until Thursday night. :p

17. PatGund

PatGund Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2004
    Still trying to finish the hem on my new robe, should be at con thursday or friday. Still up in Montclair fighting with the sewing machine

Doing the Jedi robes one day, my TIE outfit the other. Plus a "wizardish" outfit for the release of the next HP book. Sunday may be hawaiian shirt time. :)

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *waves to all our sister city members*

Yeah! I conned my work (3 years in a row!) to send me to San Diego for the weekend! Looking forward to seeing you all again!!!!

And it's partially Linda's fault...as usual ;)

Michelle

19. Emerald_Beacon

Emerald_Beacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I feel bad for all of the Padres fans in for a very rude awakening... when they discover that there is NO parking downtown for the Thursday - Sunday series against the division-rival Arizona Diamondbacks. There's gonna be a lot of really late arrivals to the games...

Hmmm. Anyone possibly interested in going to one of the games one night? They usually start at 7, right about when the Con winds down, and you can get tickets for about $10 if you don't care how lousy they are. 'Sides, it'd be a blast to go in full Star Wars regalia... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.