main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL. Don't worry, I will have a car by Con, so to make up for the rides, I volunteer to be the Pony Express and do all the errands and pick up all the people from the airport who need a shuttle and the works. :)

2. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Miana Kenobi posted on 4/12/05 5:20pm
    LOL. Don't worry, I [i]will[/i] have a car by Con, so to make up for the rides, I volunteer to be the Pony Express and do all the errands and pick up all the people from the airport who need a shuttle and the works. [face_happy]
    [hr][/blockquote]

They grow up so fast. ::wipes tear from eye::

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  4. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    She not only offers shuttle service, she also offers my house as a hotel to complete strangers. ;)

(Just kidding, Padawan.)

5. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    :p
    I should have just shown up at your door and say, "Hey master, look! Can I keep it?" ;)

6. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    *bats puppy eyes of hopeful acceptance* [face_batting] [face_blush]

:p

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_laugh] It really is a small world....

While showing my friend picture of last years Con, I finally noticed my quite ironic location for this photo.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/Legomania/Comic%20Con/CCon18.jpg]

8. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    You were destined to be one of us. MWAHAHAHAHAH!

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Thats a nice shot of Beth in front of our table too. :D

10. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Do a lot of people end up needing help with rides for Con? I can always help out with something like that. :) I refuse to move out and head to grad school until after Comic Con.

11. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Cause it is coming close to this event any updates at all on what the group is doing for this?

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    We are having both a booth with Parksabers, and a general fanforce table near the other fan clubs. I think Brendan is going to announce it at the anniversary party, and will be posting more info about it pretty soon. Plus we will have our usual Trivia contest at Comic Con. Time to start collecting prize donations now! Hey, I can donate free copies of Star Wars Galaxies! LOL Looks like they will be delivered to my house now.

13. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    The Galaxies people finally got back from E3, eh? :rolleyes:

I have a box full of stuff to donate. Should I bring it with me to the anniverdary party or wait for our "official" Comic-Con Prep Party?

14. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Probably wait till the Pre-Comic Con planning meeting. I am sort of tapped out from the line prize give-away. :p I'll come up with some other prizes though between now and then, other than the Galaxies copies. We have a contact with MR now, so maybe we can get some MR sabers for donations for the trivia contest. :D

15. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I have my copy of galaxies I dont want cause I couldnt get into the game would parks not donate anything at all?Or would there be alot of problems with that if you had master replica goodies?

16. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    Well, a friend of mine just donated a big fat bin of SW stuff for prizes! Just let me know when you want them :)

17. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Way to go, Jess! And Jess's friend! :)

18. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Wait a minute. There's a San Diego Podrace? Oh, wait. I read that wrong, it's Padres! ;) ANyway, some of us from SFFF will be coming down. I'm thinking of volunteering with Official Pix like I did last year, or for Master Replicas. Speaking of which, I spoke to Ben from Official Pix at C3, and he said some celebs there would be at Comic Con, but he wasn't 100% sure who. I do know that Sandi Finlay (Sly Moore) whom I shared a seat next to on the return flight from C3, said that she was asked to do CC, but she wasn't sure. I tried to convince her by saying that the weather was much better than Indianapolis! :)

19. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I will talk to the big wigs at my work (Best Buy) and see if they will donate anything to the prizes... one of the managers is a big fan, so I dont antcipate it bein to much trouble

20. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    swguru see if you can get some of those darth sidious lightsabers if you have any there that is ;)

21. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    skywalker_1982 posted on 5/27/05 10:45am
    swguru see if you can get some of those darth sidious lightsabers if you have any there that is [face_wink]
    [hr][/blockquote]

*sigh* We sold out of them..even before I was able to get one... [face_cry] But who knows, we might get some more

22. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    May I ask though what is best buy???Is it similar to walmart where they just sell everything?

23. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Not quite. Best Buy is a big-box store that sells home electronics, DVDs, video games, music, home computers and some appliances. They don't really sell clothes, food, or housewares.

go to bestbuy.com to learn more.

They generally have one of the larger selections for DVDs, especially box sets.

24. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Hope they have psp's there must get one of those when I come over considering they are not out in the uk till september 1st

Have noticed someone saying that the party at lindas there will be the meeting to discuss what the plans are for comic-con will someone be able to let us know on the boards what the outcome is for that. I know for certain I am going to be trooping for the first time also being an honourary member anything that you do I will like to be very much part of it.

Good luck by the way with the football anyway our english team are over there playing you lot in columbus

25. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't think there was much planning done. It seemed to be more visiting and eating than anything else.
    Have you registered at our club's private forums at SDSWS page yet? We often discuss con stuff there as well that may not make it over here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.