main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Had registered a while ago I am one of your honourary members from the uk :p

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Tickets for the Official Fanclub Breakfast are on sale now at StarWarsShop.com for Comic Con. Go to StarWarsShop.com and click on "exclusives" and you should see the fan club breakfast info. Here is the information:

Saturday, July 16, 2005
    7:00 -- 8:30 AM
    Marriott Hotel & Marina
    Sea View Room
    San Diego, California, during Comic-Con International!

Admission to the Official Star Wars Fan Club breakfast includes breakfast at the classy Marriott Hotel & Marina, one of Hasbro's Holographic Princess Leia action figures, a special Star Wars Shop star case for the figure, a goody bag of treasures from the Lucasfilm Licensing archives, a souvenir ticket, plus the chance to chat with Star Wars industry personalities, including folks from Lucasfilm. A few lucky fans will be drawn to receive exceptional prizes, too!

The Holographic Leia action figure, which will make its debut at Comic-Con International, depicts Princess Leia Organa as she was seen in iconic scenes from Star Wars: A New Hope, projected for Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi by the droid R2-D2.

The Fan Club Breakfast is produced by the Official Star Wars Fan Club specifically for members of the Club. Seats are very limited, and expected to sell out quickly.

Admission is $58.13* per person while seats are available. Cost of the breakfast does not include admission to San Diego Comic-Con, which takes place in the convention center next door to the Marriott.

Breakfast registration is limited to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, but each member may also purchase one ticket for one guest. This guest is not required to be a member, but must be accompanied by the member at the breakfast.

3. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Thanks for the heads up, Linda!
    After missing last year's breakfast, I wasn't going to let it happen again this time.
    Hope to see you there!

4. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I really wanna go to this...but I dunno if i will have enough money for the breakfast....

5. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Okay.. Another event that falls in the "too expensive" range.. Someday.. Someday I will be finished with all this schooling nonsense.. And I will have a job.. And I will be able to afford all the fun expensive stuff. :)

6. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    "IHOP, you're our only hope. *crackle*
    IHOP, you're our only hope."

For 58 bones, I'd expect at least a foot rub. Even if it was me giving one to the waitress.

7. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    I can't even wake up that early! ...stay up, is more like it.

8. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Just bought mine. It would be nice to get a table together for just the SDSWS or all of the SoCal folks.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, that would be cool Edgar. "Someone" just has to get there early enough to save a table for the club. I know 4 of us who are going so far, plus you, that is 5.. who else is going? Also, getting there early means you get a table closer to the podium where the speakers are. Last year the club was near the back right side.

10. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You know I am going cause I was the one that more or less told you about it lol :p

11. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Arma_Geda-Mandalore posted on 6/2/05 1:06am
    "IHOP, you're our only hope. *crackle*
    IHOP, you're our only hope."

For 58 bones, I'd expect at least a foot rub. Even if it was me giving one to the waitress.
    [hr][/blockquote]

HAHAHAHA IHOP sounds good to me..I say we have our OWN breakfast....lol

12. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Well for half that amount you can come to the Rebel Legion Breakfast on Friday. No goodie bags, though.

I'm broke as usual, but I'll give Master Kenobi a heads-up about it.

13. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Considering I am english do they do reckon they full cooked english breakfast??mushrooms,eggs,toast,bacon,beans,sausages

14. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Master, I had a time consuming idea.

We're going to have a place to store stuff, right? Why doesn't someone bring a small ice chest that we can load with sandwhiches for us? Just to save money and also have some food if we need a small boost?

15. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Actually, I don't know if we've even applied for our fan table yet. Does anyone know?

If we have a fan table (in addition to the booth space), it's a great idea to keep a cooler there with drinks and sandwiches. When I "commute" to Comic-Con I always pack a lunch. :)

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Well I figured there's going to be so many of us at your house, it'd be easy to whip together a lot of sandwhiches. :p

17. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I just booked at the pacific hotel which is a mile away and the rates on there said $120 I think it was or there abouts so I thought that is ok just got a phone call from them and he said are you here for the convention and he told me yes I asked him how much is it for 3 nights and he just sat there on the phone going ummmm ummmmmm then he said to you I will charge $1250, so odvious he was trying to rip me off I just told him to cancel it.

18. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Actually that's probably correct. The convention rate rooms were all sold out by Janaury 15th. If you check online there are NO ROOMS available at any of the hotels near the convention center during Comic-Con. They may have quoted you the price of a suite which would run about $300-$400 per night.

19. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    My complex has $125 suites for guest. Right on the trolley line 2 bed rooms with kitchen and laundry built-in.

20. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I got a room booked and I am stopping at the Days Inn Downtown/Convention Center 833 Ash Street it says it is 10 blocks away so I dont mind the walk to the convention center and it cost $692

21. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I have got a question does george lucas ever attend comic con???cause there is some talk in a board on here that he is going.

22. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i know that George Lucas came to comic-con in 1976 to show a screening of a some sci-fi/fantasy film that he was going to release the next year.

he hasn't publicly been at comic-con in the past 9 years that i've gone. C3 was his first convention appearance in probably 15 or 20 years.

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I knew he went in 1976 for some sci fi film cannot remember the name of the film though. Would be nice if he went though I am more than interested to see what lucasfilm will be showing off there would not be the indiana jones film cause I would have thought it is too early. Are you going to the breakfast saturday morning james?

24. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    re: the breakfast.

Why do they have these things on Saturday.

I will be in line for Hall H from 5:00am on. And some of you are glad I do this because I try to save seats for some of you. The more of you that wait in line with me, the more seats I can save for the presentations in Hall H.

I don't know when the Star Wars presentation is...but if it's on Saturday, I'm going to need more than just myself to save seats. That room gets filled up quickly.

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Yes, THANK YOU Brian!

I volunteer Harold and Jeremy to help you save seats.. and um... other people... LOL.

As soon as the Official Breakfast lets out, I will run over to the line and help hold seats as well. Don't worry, there won't be any surprises this time, such as you coming face to face with a clone of yourself... lol... I promise. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.