main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2005 General Info thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Dec 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm not really interested in the fan club breakfast. Having a meal with SW celebrities isn't that important to me. Getting special goodies isn't that important either. Paying $58 for a breakfast when the 4-day convention badge costs me $40 seems a bit silly.

2. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    I agree completly, its doughtnuts for me

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Is there a schedule of events for con up yet?

4. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    whoa, check this out - i get this email from a Union Trib reporter..

----------------
    I'm Jerry McCormick and I'm a reporter from the San Diego Union-Tribune.

I'm trying to work on a story about parents passing down the comic-con tradition to their kids. Do you know of anyone who might have a child who
    might be attending the Comic-Con for the first time?

If so, can you call me or e-mail me back with their contact info?

The story would run in our Passages section on the Sunday that Comic-Con ends.

Jerry McCormick
    The San Diego Union-Tribune
    -----------------

if you're interested in being contacted, provide me with contact info that i can pass onto Jerry.

5. kitchenvixen

kitchenvixen Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    wow that's cool. we are taking our kids for the first time, but it's also our first time.

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Well I am taking Leia and Collin, but they have been coming with me for several years now, it isn't the first time.

7. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i'm sure both of those cases might be close enough...

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Jerry is looking for people from San Diego only.

9. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    I just talked to him on the phone and it is worked out. I just hope it doesn't get cut like our local papers interview and the pictures of my son dueling. Either way comi-con will be fun.

10. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm going to bringing my 3 year-old daughter. Her first Con was actually last year, but she was pretty intimidated by the larger crowd and didn't have a very good time. This year though, she is actually loking forward to it (and the SCHJOOOO SCHJOOOO {lightsaber sounds} costumes).

11. kitchenvixen

Apr 12, 2005
    that is so cool. my kids are excited as well.

12. FLY_JEDI

Nov 15, 2004
    I will be in line for Hall H from 5:00am on. And some of you are glad I do this because I try to save seats for some of you. The more of you that wait in line with me, the more seats I can save for the presentations in Hall H.

I don't know when the Star Wars presentation is...but if it's on Saturday, I'm going to need more than just myself to save seats. That room gets filled up quickly.

I'd be glad to run over to help you save seats right after the Breakfast as well... Kinda cool telling people "No, sorry these 35 seats are already taken!!!"

13. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    OK, so what's going on in Hall H first thing Saturday morning?

14. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I was going to ask the same question what is going on in hall H??

15. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    This isn't the kids' first time but we've brought them to every con since they were both inutero, does that count? Gavin's first con he was 5 months old and Ewan was 7 months old if I remember correctly.

16. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I have just read the write up about comic con 2004 on galactic hunter and I am getting back that convention feeling inside like I had back in march with C3. I am very interested to play the wheres wally game at comic con aswell cause I have heard about mark hamill's game so he doesnt get noticed.

17. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Count me and my sibling in for the Official Star Wars Fan Club breakfast. It'll be nice to participate in something relatively small before heading to the cavernous Hall H. For $58.13 we get champagne with breakfast, right?

I usually do my civic duty and take the bus or trolley to the convention center. This year, since I'm going to arrive so early for the breakfast, I might drive down there instead. How hard is it to find parking at that time? Are spaces in the convention center parking lot usually still available at this time?

18. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Hall H is where they do all the preview movies and have actors and stuff show up to promote their upcoming movies.

It gets packed so I get in line really early so I get a good seat up front or as close to the front as possible.

19. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Hey, where do I sign up for that breakfast thing this year ? They are doing it again, that I know. But I just want to know where I can sign up for it. For working the LucasArts both for a free pass, do I talk to Tim Knap again or what ? (I have read posts, so please don't snap at me....)
    JERMS/TK-3633

20. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    You have to sign up and pay for the breakfast at the starwars shop website

21. FLY_JEDI

Nov 15, 2004
    It was open to Hyperspace members only and could be purchased on StarWars.com. (Look under Star Wars Shop / Exclusive Products)I just checked and it looks like the listing there for it is gone which leads me to believe that it is sold out. :(

22. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Tim coordinated the volunteers last year, but I haven't seen anything on the 501st boards. I've also heard that the Con exclusive figures can be pre-purchased and that LFL won't need as many people as they did last year.

But that's just what I heard; I'll let you know when I get official information.

23. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    The Leia figures can be pre-purchased now on shop.starwars.com and be picked up at the Con.

24. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    I can't find it either, can some one else check and see if they can. If ya can, get me a ticket I'll paypal you RIGHT AWAY. Ugh... I REALLY wanted to attend again, cause last year was a blast... UGH.... thanks
    JERMS/TK-3633 !!!

25. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Thing is it still all seems to be hush hush about what is going on at comic con it is like more or less a month away and they are just telling you what exclusives are available but then I suppose cause it is that huge there would be pages after pages of what is happening there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.