main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2006 July 19th - 23rd!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    For the past four years, Comic Con has been our largest recruitment event. Once again we have secured a FREE fan table up on the Mezzanine level (near the food court/pizza place). On our table we generally have flyers with info on the club, our club photo albums, and usually some cool goodies to hand out such as pens with our website on them. We also usually have a large basket filled with Star Wars goodies that we give away daily to a lucky fan who signs up for the club. We usually have some other Star Wars items on display as well as our banner. One of the main topics of conversation at our meeting tomorrow will be regarding Comic Con. Please bring all your cool ideas to the meeting. Perhaps this year we can build some Star Wars Facade around the table area which would double as a photo op for con goers.

Comic Con this year is July 19th - July 23rd. Prices if you pay before April 19th are $50 for adults for all 5 days (Wednesday preview night thru Sunday at closing) or $25 for Juniors and Seniors. At a mere $10 a day, this is a great deal considering all the convention has to offer. Traditionally we ask that each club member volunteer at least a 2 hour time slot at one time over the 5 days that con is open to work the table. People volunteering significantly more than that will be given the opportunity to trade up their General Admission convention badge to an Exhibitors badge which allows them entrance into the convention 1 hour before General admission, and allows them to stay in there 1 hour after closing.

For more information on the Convention, visit their website here:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci

For pictures of past Comic Cons we have attended, visit my online photo albums here:

Comic Con 2005: http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/comic_con_2005/

Comic Con 2004: http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/comic_con_2004/

Comic Con 2003: http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/comic_con_2003/

Comic Con 2002: http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/comic_con_2002/

2. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    :D

It's only January.. But already I can't wait! This year will mark my 10th consecutive year going to Comic Con.. Started out in high school with my dad taking me only on Sundays after finding out about the con at the card & comic book store I played the old school Decipher Star Wars CCG game at.

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    this will be 10 years for me too! (and for the same reason, mostly - SW:CCG.)

4. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I lost count at 10. But I know it's been less than 15 so somewhere between 10 and 15 for me.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay for my 3rd? :p

6. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Is there anyone on the boards that ever attended the first comic con??

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Most people on this board weren't even born when Comic Con started, and those that were, were probably too young to go. I think it is 35 years old... or something like that.

8. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    So you would have only been 5 years old :p

Mara_jade_fan:- [face_beatup] thats for giving clues to my age.

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ My age is in my profile for all to see. :rolleyes:

Lets keep this thread strictly to discussing Comic Con 2006 shall we?

10. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Linda, thank you for getting a table for Rebel Legion. I hope you got my phone message yesterday.

Both my phone and computer have been on the fritz for the last couple of days. :rolleyes:

11. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I didn't get the message but with two teen girls, that isn't surprising. I found your address and other needed info on a document I had at home, so you should be receiving all further communications about the table from Comic Con.

12. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Will this be the year I finally go to Comic Com??? Hopefully.
    We have a few months to see what happens, but I really want to go.

13. BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER

BLUE-SQUADRON-LEADER Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    I always look forward to Comic-Con! I have a lot more time now then I have had in awhile so I hope to be more active with working at our boths and hopefully a few others.

14. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Omg. I want it to be July already. [face_praying] I'm not even a member of your fanforce and I did table duty anyway last year. [face_laugh] I didn't mind, I had tons of fun. Aim to do the same this year! [face_dancing]

15. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    well, I know I have said I would be going over the past few years but my check is written and ready to be mailed out tomorrow for my pass and my phone shceduled to remind me on the 15th of Feb to book my hotel. And I can't wait! I have been wanting to go to the comicon for the past 3 years and haven't been able to.

Not part of any fan force anymore and I will be alone but i can't wait! And I will stopping by your table I know for sure...

Any tips on hotels? I need a resonable priced one? Where do you guys think you will be staying?

16. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    I can find out if there is any information I can give out as far as Hotels go (i.e. What time reservations will be accepted)
    BTW...this will be my 21st Con. Or is it the 22nd?

Vol

17. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    YAY! Moriah is coming back to help the Rebel Legion! [face_dancing]

If we don't get hotel space, you and Rachel can stay with me again.

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Luigi! I knew if I posted a Comic Con thread you'd show up. ;)

It will be good to see both Moriah and Varza again! Whatever you do, if you don't stay at a hotel near the con which can be expensive, stay at a hotel on the trolley line. The trolley runs every 15 minutes.

19. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I am going to try and follow the boards closer this year as I have something A LOT more important to plan for than Con.[face_blush]

I guess I can post this as it is on the actual website for Con.
    Feb 15th at 9am Pacific is when the Comic-Con Travel Desk open for Hotel Reservations. If anyone has ever bought concert tickets for a big name band(U2, Rolling Stones, etc...)expect the rooms to sell out quick as they have sold out quick the last few years.

20. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Only nasty part of ComicCon I hate...the "Run For The Rooms!"[face_hypnotized]

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I have a feeling I need to ask for that day off of work... I just checked flight rates and I definatly am not going to be driving in. Only 250 round trip...

man, I am so excited!

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Make Lor come with you. Of course he might want to drive his car. I still have to send him pics of my Expedition with his decals on it.

23. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    *GLOMPS Donna*

Yay! I may go fondle your cats again! [:D] [face_laugh]

And hopefully I'll get to see you too, Kim! [face_dancing] This year I shall join you on the Crossdressing Side. 8-}

24. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003

LOL Welcome to the "Which Bathroom Should I Use" Side of the Force![face_laugh]

25. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    he said if he can get the money and time he will but he seems pretty determined on going to the SW weekends.

but I checked hotels last night to get an idea of where they are. Dang... they are expensive but I am going to try and get the one cloest to the con. If anyone needs to be able to split a room let me know. I am willing to split the costs with someone - if they don'ty mind me bringing my xbox I will bring my anti snore stuff so not to keep them awake... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.