main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2006 July 19th - 23rd!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    this will be my 2nd comic-con

2. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I have a little news about a certain hotel downtown. While I was walking by, I noticed that the Pickwick has finally closed it doors with the sign stating..."Thank you very much for choosing the Pickwick over the last eighty years. We are now closed."
    There are construction crews inside right now tearing it up. The hotel was open last week, as far as I know.

Vol

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Awww... so sad. I have some theatre seats from the old North Park theatre which opened in 1927 complete with "vintage gum" on the bottom of the seat. If you can sell William Shatner's kidney stone on ebay, I wonder how much I'd get for vintage gum?

Anyway, back on topic. Luigi, I've contacted Justin Dutta at Comic con about the club buying a $850 table on the dealers floor this year. Quite a few club members expressed interest in donating towards a table. He told me that the Executive Director might not want to sell a table to a fan club this year, and he'd get back to me. Do you know anything about this because it is something new, since we have had either a table or a booth on the dealer floor for the past 4 years.

4. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    If there was something I could share to the board, I would. As far as this, I have no information about this so you have to wait for their decision. Sorry :(

5. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    You never told me about the gum stuck to them seats :p
    I will have to look at that sometime.

6. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    well, I just checked my CC online and it went thru. The first part of attendence is done. Now to just wait and scrape together the money for the room... thinking of holding off for the planet ticket.

is it possible to get anymore excited?

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    OH YEAH!!!!!!!;) :D

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I have a question on the hotels - do you have to pay up front when you reserve or do they just take your credit card #?

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    They take your credit card number, you do not have to pay up front.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    sweet! thanks... that aleves some fears for me and makes things a bit easier

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    It looks like there may be a Mos Alba crowd coming too.....the guys doing the "Fanboys" film made mention that it would be fun to have our group and their people meet up there to promote the film!

12. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  13. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    If all goes according to plan, I may take you up on your offer, Miana. :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL, offer was for Disneyland Day, honey. ;)

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    question - does anyone know much about the courtyard marriot downtown? the one on broadway in the old bank building?

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thats great Jess! And its appropriate, since the main actors appear in Veronica Mars as well, which is shot right here in San Diego.

17. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Ack! I knew that. Sorry Rach. :oops:
    That's what I get for reading it once at 7 am.

18. Volntyr

Apr 23, 2002
    Just remember, the time to call the Comic Con Hotel hotline is tomorrow at 9am pacific.
    I know people have had bad luck with them in the past but it is the recommended way to reserve and to get the discounted convention price.

Vol

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    well, it was confirmed for me today - I will be staying at the Courtyard... blessed, blessed Marriot points.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Marriot points.. hmmm... I have some, don't think I have enough to get a really good deal though. Worth looking into anyway.

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    yeah, my dad said all the point rooms at the marriott marina are already reserved, same with the gaslight. Only thing is I don't know if the courtyard will get a deal this year. I was looking in the Update#1 and the list in the back didn't have it... but who knows, could be wrong.

I am booked from the 18th to the 24th, so I have a few extra nights if anyone wants to do something or needs help with anything.

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Anywhere you want to go, let me know! I love showing people around town. :D

23. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I would love to go to the zoo but that may have to wait. I just want to see San Diego - from what I have seen its beautiful and I may never leave again.

A trip to the beach is a must from what I understand... I will do some research and let you know what I find.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    And we must take you to In N Out. ;)

25. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    um... In'n'Out... homer drool I love that place... been 4 years since I had one of the their lovely burgers on lettuce.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.