main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2006 July 19th - 23rd!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    Hey, Who was it of us that works at Lego Land ? And who was it that wanted my Battle Royale Manga ? (Sorry, but I am terrible with names)
    Kuudos to all who survived Con'06. Great times !
    JERMS/TK-3633

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd just like to say thank you to the SDSWS for welcoming us to their fine city and making us all feel at home. As my first CC, I had such a blast! I don't even know where to start when people ask how my trip was. I just get a big stupid grin and babble something about it being the best 5 days of my life.

You guys were friends and family before CC and I don't expect that to change any time soon. I hope you all had as much fun as I did and have recovered sufficiently. ;)

*hugs to everyone!!*

3. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    So who is going to post the first group pic?

4. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm getting pictures up now. I've got a couple good group pics from last night right before the close of con when we finally got the SDSWS crowd (+ guests) together. :D

5. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    You know...I never did get my Double Double...:mad: Could have really used it too. Oh Well...

Vol

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I lost my prescription sunglasses and am pretty sure I left them at the FF table at the CC. Did anybody happen to find a pair of brown sunglasses while packing up on Sunday? I'm doubting they'll turn up, but one can always hope!! [face_praying]

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    They have become one with the force.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Through the force I will find them.

Otherwise I'll have to replace them through the ol' bank account!

9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Here are my pics. I did not take too many this year at all.

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/comic_con_2006/

10. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
  11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here's the group pic I have from Sun afternoon:

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/FFattheCC.jpg]

And the vacationing Jedi:

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Jedionvacation4.jpg]

12. Mystical

Mystical Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    I did Donna, it is however, a very crude one. Last one I took before the batteries died.

13. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    I didn't take too many pics either, but here they are!

http://tinyurl.com/jdks5

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm looking for a place to put all of my pictures online. Right now, I'm using PhotoBucket, but not thrilled with them. I don't mind paying a yearly fee, so long as it's worth it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

15. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    www.snapfish.com is pretty good. You can create albums in there and it's free. You can even send your prints direct to a store for pick up!

16. jess_squared

Jan 17, 2003
    Flickr is a good host to put them up.

That said, I join the legion of "I didn't take too many pictures" as well. Though, I took a fair bit more than last year, as I walked around more since I wasn't working the whole entire time. I think last year I managed all of four pictures. :)

I've got all the pictures Brandi took as well. I'll get those up later on today.

For now, here are mine.

http://www.jess-squared.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=comiccon06

Enjoy!

17. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    here are some of my pics including the Rebel Picture day and other star wars fun stuff:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/varza23/comiccon06/rebels/

You can view some of my other pics from the con here:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/varza23/comiccon06/

18. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm so glad you could make it, Varza. I like the "Jedi Academy Cafeteria" caption for the Rebel Breakfast. [face_laugh]

19. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    On behalf of the SFFF, thanks for welcoming us once again! [:D] Hope some of you can make it up here for WonderCon in March. ;)

20. jess_squared

Jan 17, 2003
    As promised, Comic Con through the eyes of Brandi..

http://www.jess-squared.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=comiccon06b

The first few are blurry and small, as they're Brandi getting used to her new camera. I think Friday was the first day she used it.. Birthday present. :D

21. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    thanks! I had a great time that morning... maybe I will be IN the picture next year. Its odd feeling like the man out because I didn't have a costume on :D

22. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I'll add to the thanks for giving me another great time at Con and making me feel like one of the big "family." :D [:D] You guys are teh r0x0rs! I need to come live in San Diego for a year just to get my fill of you and your events. :p Hope to see you again next May and July--and maybe for something other than Con, if I make more [face_money_eyes] .

23. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Hey, all! I've finally gotten a moment to chime in about this year's Comic-Con. For me, it gets better every year. It was five very intense days of fun and excitement. With Preview Night, the Star Wars Action News Dinner, Rebel Legion Breakfast, Master Replicas Party, Fan Club Breakfast, shows, seminars, panels, and shopping. I even got to eat at the famous Kansas City BBQ joint down the street.

I've never seen Preview Night so busy. It was a sign of the crowds yet to come. I have a friend involved in Happy Tree Friends, so I attended that panel and saw their latest three episodes, which will premier soon on G4 TV (Channel 191 on Dish). I was able to see the incomparable legend, Stan Lee, at a Spider-Man panel, and many actors from the Superman movies at a Superman panel--including director Richard Donner. They showed new scenes from the November release of Superman II - The Richard Donner Cut, the way the movie was meant to be seen. The film's new opening and a terrific new scene with Lois and Clark left us howling...and wanting more.

Of course, there was the Star Wars Spectacular, which (to be honest) wasn't all that spectacular. I didn't get to see the Snakes on a Plan panel, but some friends of mine got to interview Sam Jackson. That reminds me, thanks to my fellow San Diego Star Wars Society members for accommodating Arnie & Marjorie and their Star Wars Action News materials. They are most thankful. In fact, you can hear them thank the SDSWS during their latest podcast here that nicely wraps-up Comic-Con, and includes interviews with Acme Archives, Master Replicas, Hasbro, and Samuel L. Jackson.

I was also able to attend seminars on the PSP, new Lord of the Rings video news, podcasting, and more. My volunteering stints at the Rebel Legion and San Diego tables rounded out my busy weekend. I too have many pictures, and plan to get them posted by sometime this weekend. After finally getting a full night's sleep, I almost feel human. Now I just gotta go through aaaalllll the bags of swag. Maybe this weekend. Hope to see you all again soon!

24. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Did anybody run into this slightly familiar face at the CC?

[image=http://static.flickr.com/69/199722347_714e153028.jpg]

25. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I am really glad I didn't run into her. LOL I've seen some other pictures on the net of her though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.