main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2006 July 19th - 23rd!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arodofhoth

arodofhoth Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    Thanks Rachel, But Im going as a clone trooper, tight budget. But well see, you never know I might show up as Jango as well.:D

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    No prob, Miana... if it works out, it works out. If not it doesn't no biggie...

here is another question - can I get a ride back from dinner, anyone? I don't know if we will be done before the trolley closes...

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I'd be happy to give you a ride anywhere you want to go. ;)

4. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    I need help on finding clone trooper armor at a low price, Thank You.

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I will take you up on that offer! gladly... thank you!

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Just wondering, how late is the Tin Fish restaurant across the convention center open until on Wednesdays? It might be easier to get to right after Preview Night. Just a thought.

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    That's very true, by the end of the convention last year some of my jeans were hardly fitting because I'd lost so much weight. I think the food is so bad and expensive at the convention I ended up not eating much during the day. Not to mention I'd usually be running late in the morning and had to skip breakfast!

SWguru - do we know the same people from Seattle? I'm meeting up with some friends of SisterSola's from the costuming and props board. I've been encouraging SisterSola to reserve a room SOME place in San Diego so she can join us too!

- Kay Dee

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    He means JediYvette, Kay Dee. But Cassandra might come? AWESOME! :D

9. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The Greek Islands Cafe is our traditional post-Preview night dinner. Our president used to be the head chef and the owners give us a discount. Some of us will be driving over after the convention center closes if you don't want to walk.

10. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, I never got to eat at the Tin Fish last time, and really want to try it. So we can all hook up at other times as well. :D

Ok, Jos and I may hitch a ride with you, Donna. If that's ok. Mainly cause we don't have a clue where this place is! [face_laugh]

11. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah, OK. Yeah, we were working on SisterSola but the lack of convention hotels is what kept her from getting on board :(

- kay dee

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    We (the SFFF) made it our regular lunch spot for CC last year. Good food, not expensive, and right across the street! If you're paying Master, I'm eating! ;)

Hey, maybe we can start the newest diet craze: "Forget Atkins! Forget the South Beach! Here's the newest and best way to shed those pounds...the 'Walking around a convention in costume, while carrying a bunch of SWAG and taking pictures, and not having enough time to eat' diet!" :p

13. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    from the Tin Fish website:
    Open for lunch - Monday through Thursday - (11 am - 3 pm)
    Hours subject to change, depending on Convention Center & PETCO Park activities
    Friday through Sunday - (11 am - 8 pm)

i'm not sure which Trolley line you need to take, but currently the Blue line (Old town through downtown to South Bay & Border) runs til just after midnight M-F, and even later on Saturday. The Orange line (downtown to East County) has similar hours. however the Green Line (old town through mission valley and SDSU to Santee) has its last run at 10:30 pm.
    of course they may add extra service if there are downtown events going on.

------------------------
    and a few other activities for our out-of-town guests to know about:

At Spreckels Theater:
    One Man Star Wars Trilogy (by Charlie Ross)
    July 19-23, 2006 (tickets $12.75 - $37.75)
    http://www.broadwaysd.com/starwars.php

The San Diego Symphony will be performing a special
    concert:
    Lord Of The Rings : A Symphony In Six Movements
    July 20th, 8:15 pm.
    Embarcadero Marina Park South (tickets $20 - 85)
    http://www.sandiegosymphony.com/concert_detail.php?indexid=57

14. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Now only if there was an In and Out in Seaport Village...it would be a dream come true.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Some of the SFFF were interested in the LOTR concert (with Howard Shore himself!), and were probably going to get lawn seating. Anyone here going?

Thanks for the One-Man SW Show info, JJ!

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm going to the one man show night, but not the LOTR one.

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    aka - the Con Diet... or Geek Diet...

I will be bringing some snackage with me to the con. I already ahve a small bag for my suitcase to bring some with me. I'm on Jenny Craig and still will be when the con starts. Hey muffins, jerky, the whole lot. I love snacking... actually the jerky I will be bringing will be made by a fellow SW friend - Lor... Star Wars Jerky, yummmmm

Wasn't sure about the trolleys... I had heard they close at like 10pm so I will see what I can find out. I am staying downtown so it looks like I will be good. I will see if I can call the hotel when we get closer and find out more.

Just found out that one of my friends from another message board is looking into coming to the con with her son for the first time as well. Very exciting!

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    You are supposed to bring Lor to Comic Con, not his home-made jerky. :p

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm working on him... I bug him constantly - but he just brushes me off. He listens better to you. :p Maybe drop him some hints that he has no choice in the matter. But its just the money to get there - he knows he has a place to sleep already...

btw, that guy on Veronica Mars - the deputy guy... we were watching it the other night and we were both trying to figure out where we knew him from cause he looked so familiar. Thanks for posting that info...

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    /\ Yeah, Brandon also has a VERY GOOD Jack Sparrow costume that he has worn to comic con, and quite a few other costumes. VERY nice guy too.

21. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm going to the LotR concert with some of my out-of-town friends. Yeah lawn seating! :D

Brandon said he's bringing back Captain Jack this year at Con. He had fun in Wonka, but he misses the swaggering. ;)

22. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    need to get my pic with him then... he is well, a very good actor

23. arodofhoth

Sep 24, 2005
    I finaly ordered my Boba Fett helmet:D

24. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Wow, so many peeps...I think my head's gonna 'splode at this con. :p