main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Comic-Con 2007 - Anyone? July 26-29th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    cool! i'll chip in for gas and parking. my flight arrives around 11am. i'll let u guys know exactly what time. thanks again!

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I don't plan to. I'd like to just eat somewhere in the Gaslamp, and watch The Simpsons Movie, which opens Friday night. Right now, if the GGG have their dinner on Friday, I'll go to that instead. Then again, the dinner may be moved to Saturday, depending on what is voted on on their forums.

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow, I'm kind of surprised they would vote to bail on the legion dinner that has already been set for Friday night.

Thanks for letting me know your plans though Matt. The fewer people I know going, the odds are I may not.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, the venue for the Legion Dinner is only for 70 people. Plus, $30 for me right now is equal to 3 separate meals. ;)

5. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I will let you guys know my arrival time when i learn when we are leaving SF (don't know if it will be tues night or wed morning). Depending on when we arrive, I will either meet you guys at the hotel or at preview night.

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I don't plan on going to the Legion dinner either. And I may pass on the garrison one too.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Has anyone bought tickets for the SW Concert on Thursday yet? I'm still undecided on whether to get Lawn or Grand Stand.

8. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i'm gonna go to the superman doomsday screening on thursday night.maybe i'll just meet u guys somewhere downtown after the end of the concert.

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Jos and I are going. We already have our tickets. So if you go, at least you've got us! ;)

10. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Hotel reservations - check!
    Airline ticket - check!
    Pre-reged - check!
    Rental car reserved - check!
    Vacation time signed for - check!

The light is green and the clock is ticking.

11. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I guess the only thing left is to decide what kind of seats we want to get for the concert.

12. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    preview schedule is up for comic con! saturday has a Heroes panel with the ENTIRE cast! as well as a Smallville panel with the unveiling of who will play as Supergirl! Also there's a SW panel but you know for sure there will be little said about any live action show.It will just be an hour of "advertisements".

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07prog_peek.shtml#thu

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like the programming schedule has been updated:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci07_prog_thu.php

14. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    Thursday JESSICA ALBA Friday KATE BECKINSALE,Hayden Christensen,Sam Jackson,Clive Owen,Kevin Smith, Saturday Hayden Panitiere Liv Tyler Smallville!

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I already have my list down for each day. Lots of big panels and celebrities! :eek:

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just a reminder that tomorrow, July 11 Gentle Giant will be taking pre-orders for their Comic-Con exclusives:

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/2007/7/112/gentle-giant--san-diego-comiccon-2007--news-and-information

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Check out the cover for the CC program with art by Adam Hughes:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0010105.jpg

Recognize the two in the background on the right? ;)

EDIT: The Gentle Giant pre-orders have been pushed back to Thursday, July 12.

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I recognize Mary! Is that supposed to be Steve dressed as Obi-Wan? It almost looks like they used a photo of Christy for Slave Leia and put Carrie Fisher's face on her! Or at least one of Chrity's poses ;)

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yeah, that's Steve as Obi-Wan. :) The fact that Hayden Christensen and Samuel L. Jackson will be there on Friday makes me think that they won't be signing at Official Pix, but may be doing an impromptu appearance at the Star Wars pavillion like Natalie did. [face_praying]

20. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Oh really! I guess I should have checked the schedule! I sure hope that Hayden would be cool about making time for some of the fans. I guess that means I should wait in line to buy stuff at the booth and not wear a costume if I want a hope of getting a randome 'meet me behind the curtain' ticket. [face_tired] Just kidding, I'll wear a costume on Star Wars day for sure!

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's probably not up to Hayden, but to his publicist, which was the case with Natalie apparently. :mad:

22. tacblue

tacblue Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005

Unfortunately looks like I won't be going. BUT... Can I beg, bribe, or brutalize anyone into picking up the Shadow Scout and McQuarrie Concept figures for me? Unless anyone knows if they'll be available later online like the McQuarrie stuff from C-IV...

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    One week to go! [face_dancing]

UPDATE: Finally, showtimes are up for The Simpsons Movie:

http://www.movietickets.com/house_detail.asp?house_id=3654&rdate=7%2F27%2F2007

I plan on going to the 10:35 pm show on Friday.

24. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    hey matt.whats the final tally of who's going to comic con? do we have everything squared away?

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, from the SFFF, it looks like:

Charles
    Dale
    Kathy
    Kevin
    Matt
    Rachel
    Robert

Thread Status: