Comic Con 2007 - July 26-29 (Preview night the 25th)

Discussion in 'San Diego, CA' started by mrcottonsparrot, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    What's the total capacity of the convention center/# of passes being sold for saturday? I'm curious as to how many exactly I should be expecting.
  2. vkyoshi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually I thought the reason that they were limiting admission this year was so that it wouldn't be as packed as it was last year which is what lead to all the problems last year.

So I don't foresee it being any worse than last year, maybe not any better but hopefully not any worse.

I think last year they learned their lesson the hard way that more is not always better.

Of course as usual I could be completely wrong on all counts.
  3. MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Expect Evil Mammals !
    JERMS !!!
  4. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Last year's attendance was 124,000. That includes attendees, dealers, presenters, media, ect.
  5. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Con is it's own little town..without enough amenities for a small town LOL
  6. Volntyr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Funny you should say that. It has about 3 times the population that my wife's hometown. Just a lot less traffic lights and abandoned buildings at Con. My wife keeps asking me if i wanted to move back out there where the housing is maybe in the upper 40's. I told her that is pretty much the only thing out there.
  7. Tal-Kender Force Ghost

star 2
    300 SCREENING AT SDCC

Don't miss your chance to see 300, the cutting-edge, heart-pounding visual masterpiece from director Zack Snyder, as you have never seen it before. On Friday, July 27th Warner Home Video will host a special screening of the film on the jumbotron at Petco Park, exclusively for fans of the box office sensation attending Comic-Con. The film will be introduced by Snyder, Frank Miller and cast members from 300. Tickets for the screening are free and will be available to the first 8,000 visitors to the Dark Horse Comics booth (2615) or the Warner Bros. booth. Doors to the screening open at 7:15PM.

8. boricuatrooper Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is anyone helping out at this (or attending)event? -D

---------------------------------------------

The Symphony Strikes Back
    San Diego Symphony (Summer Pops)
    Thursday, July 26, 2007 at 7:30pm
    EMPS - Stadium

Celebrating 30 years of Star Wars, this concert features all your favorites from John Williams? Oscar-winning Star Wars scores in a special stadium seating configuration.

http://secure.sandiegosymphony.org/tickets/reserve.aspx?performanceNumber=129
  9. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I tried to volunteer but only the people in the SDSWS are allowed.
  10. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    *LEGAL* capacity according to fire marshal numbers/web site is 85,000. I guarantee there will be more than that allowed in, however...

Mary-SPJ
  11. pandacola Jedi Padawan

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and signed up for this Comic Con post!

I was able to buy the Saturday ticket today (i think it might have been the last one because when I tried to buy one for my friend, they sold out 1 min later).

Anyway, the reason i am here is to ask about volunteering. I do not want to go to Comic Con by myself and I don't want to back out of my ticket either...so I am thinking the only way my friend will be able to go with me is if he volunteers. Since pre-registration is over...what kind of chance do you think he will have to get a volunteering position for Saturday? I know you are supposed to go to the booth to ask, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. 0% chance or worth a shot?

Also, if that does not work, I think I will try to change my Saturday day to Friday. Sad, i know, but I don't want to leave my friend behind. sigh. this sucks. any input you guys have would be great. thanks in advance! [face_dancing]

OH, one more thing, do scalpers exist at comic con?
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5

I bought grandstand tickets. I wonder if lightsabers are allowed, like at the John Williams concerts(?)
  13. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    They are illegal and the convention is really cracking down on them hard this year. Yes, scalpers are a serious problem and do exist but I for one would really highly discourage seeking one out unless you want to risk legal problems.
  14. ScootyPuffJr Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, Sat is officially sold out according to the site.

I'd say call or email the volunteer department ASAP before everyone moves over to the conv center.

Mary-SPJ
  15. pandacola Jedi Padawan

Yeah, it was weird because it said it was official sold out when I purchased the tickets, that is why I thought it was so weird that I was still able to get a Saturday ticket when the website had the day all crossed off. i guess i either have really good luck or really bad luck.

I tried calling all the numbers that i could find, but there is no real customer service person. I was also not able to find the volunteer dept. contact information.

Has anyone volunteered for Comic Con in the past? I just want to find out my chances for volunteering on the day of.

Thanks for everyone who responded!
  16. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Volntyr posts on the boards and would be the one to answer if there are any volunteer slots. I get the impression that it's looking pretty full, but there is always the chance of flakes making a slot become available. Dunno though, I'm not the expert to ask LOL
  17. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok, so here's a question: if doors to the center open at 10am every day, yet the drawings for the limited signings for the cast members of Stargate Atlantis and SG-1 are to occur at 9am on Friday, how is one supposed to get in on the drawings?
  18. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    If the autographs are under the Sails Pavillion, then you can go up there before the building itself opens.
  19. Solo42986 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, ok. But it's also during the Breakfast/Photo shoot [face_worried]
  20. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Because they're stupid. I hate it when they do that. :rolleyes:
  21. _boom Jedi Knight

star 1
    When is the dinner at Greek Islands?
  22. Danakin_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 1
    Right after the Con Closes on Wed. Tiff!!! You going?
  23. _boom Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah I am volunteering. I don't get off on Wed until 5pm. Can someone text me their phone # so I can just call people? LOL Getting online is kinda hard for me. 508-1559. I'm not sure if I can volunteer on Wednesday....and I can't pay to get in on Weds either, but I HOPE I can volunteer on Wednesday. If so, I'm definitely going to Greek Islands. Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting on Sunday, but I was baby sitting my sister on her 21st b-day. o_O
  24. fett Jedi Knight

star 3
    So...what time is everyone heading down to pick up their badges?
  25. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i'm probably going to head out soon, though i have a few errands to run first.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.