main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic Con 2008 (Already)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I posted this on the RL boards, but does anyone know of any good dance clubs in the Gaslamp area? I was thinking of maybe going Saturday or Sunday night.

3. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    Matt, call me when you get here. I'll let you know, shoot, I wouldn't mind bar/club hoppin' w/ you guys.

4. MasterBarkeep3633

MasterBarkeep3633 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2004
    My friend took me clubbing, there are quite a few actually. There's one you probably pass by all the time but don't realize it because in the day time it's just a stairway down into a buildings basement, but at night the banners come out and the door mans there checking ID's.... Off of fifth or sixth I think, not far from the Field.
    JERMS/TK-3633

5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm hoping I could get some advice for Comic Con this year. How early do you have to arrive for a popular program? I'm hoping to go on Friday with my dad to see the Stargate event at 10:45am. It's in Ballroom 20, which seems to be one of the biggest rooms, so I'm figuring it's going to be crowded.

I'm also going on a comp pass. I know from last year that I have to register the pass online but also register in person to get my badge. On the comp pass it says arrive after 10:30 to avoid long lines ... so how early should we get there to make sure we can get inside in time for the program?

And would anyone recommend parking at Horton Plaza and walking? I'm thinking that would take less time than the trolley from East County.

6. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Bel!

For good seats, you want to arrive like really early. I'd say no later than 8am.

It'd be tricky though since you have to get your pass. Do you know anyone going who could go get in line while you wait for a pass?

And Horton Plaza's not too bad of a walk. If you get to the convention center by 7:30 at the latest, you can still park there or at the Petco parking structure.

7. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We always park at Horton Plaza on Wednesday night, get some dinner and walk over to the convention center. It's a pretty short walk and not bad at all. We do it with a stroller and everything. We've even done it doned in stormtrooper and Jedi gear with 2 children in a double stroller ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.