main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC-CON 2008 JULY 23-27

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnasianSkywalker, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just bought my tickets for myself and my bro. As you all know, tickets arenow on sale on-line until they sell out like last year for all 4 days - including Preview Nite.

So here is the direct link to register:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.shtml

RSA EDIT: Stickied

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    *bump*

3. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Steph and I wan't to go for 2 day's, but we got to wait until the date gets closer. We have some busy days this summer with her photo and my film.

4. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    OK, as long as you are reminding me I went ahead and purchased my pass. I figure worse case scenario you can get refunds up until June.

I just wish the hotel situation was not so stressful each year :(

5. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'm buying my comic con and wonder con tix tomorrow. let's all keep an eye open for hotel/air packages.

6. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    to follow up on my last post. i just checked southwest airlines vacation package prices and on JANUARY 9TH the flight schedules (along with hotel availablities )will be made available. I suggest putting in a reminder the night before to make any accomodations.

7. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    southwest vacations are up now for comic con season! since no one really posted about chipping in for a room or vacation i thought i'd start.i'm gonna book my reservation either tonight or tomorrow bc rooms will fill up fast! already they have some major hotels blocked off the list!!

8. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    Check Virgin Air. $39 each way. They start posting SFO to SAN on 2/12/08.

http://www.virginamerica.com/va/home.do

9. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    thanks lou! i'll give Virgin Air a try!

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hotels open up Feb. 6.

11. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    just ordered my comic con tix!

12. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    motel 6 in downtown san diego sold out already for comic con..darn!! there is one close to the sd airport 1.8 miles away from the con center.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Anyone else find some hotel options? I saw the Pacific Inn 1.5 miles away for $239.95 per person (4 people). [face_worried]

14. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    WHAT THE FLIP!!!!

15. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i suggest that we all start looking for hotels now bc the feb 6th block of hotels opening won't be any cheaper and will be even harder to get. i wish i didn't wait too long on that motel 6 reservation. now it's gone and will have to resort to the other motel 6.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    They will be cheaper. Just harder to get.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I agree. Everyone who plans on going look for some taking reservations now and book rooms, before Feb. 6. Just book them to hold the rooms for us. Don't wait, becuase like Kevin said, they'll be gone sooner than you know it. After that, we can see what everyone got, and take the best option.

Agreed?

18. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    i just tried making a motel reservation for the "airport" motel 6 and it's all sold out now too! options are getting very limited as we speak!! if we're serious about going we all gotta search now!

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Has anyone tried one of these?

http://gocalifornia.about.com/od/casdmenu/tp/cheap_hotels.htm

20. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
  21. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
  22. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    sorry that the link didn't show up. i went to travelworm.com. did a subsearch on san diego, then there was a pulldown menu at the top for "convention center". the hotel i chose was 500 west broadway. for wednesday july 23rd to july 27th (4 nights) the total was $369.72. the dorm type room has a "community bathroom" and is located about 1.3 miles away from the convention center and 2.6 miles away from the san diego airport which makes it semi convenient. online it only allows single occupancy reservations. double would require you to call them directly. if it's cheaper to go with max occupancy per room i can cancel my reservation and chip in with others.

23. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    www.500westhotelsd.com is the main website. i tried booking 2-4 person occupancy however it didn't have any rooms available. i think the only bet would be to book single occupancies for now. i talked to the main desk just now and they said the con center is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. the place looks really nice!! hopefully we can all get rooms at this place! for now check out the website. it doesn't hurt to book now bc rooms will go fast!!

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Dale and I got a 1 bed room each. Total came to $557.13 from July 23-28.

25. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I booked rooms at the Quality Inn on Delbergia Court at $127.99 a night for 5 nights for 4 people. It's about 6 miles away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.