main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC-CON 2008 JULY 23-27

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AnasianSkywalker, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Any fans of LOST?

http://www.octagonglobalrecruiting.com/

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    what's "Lost"? [face_whistling] jk i haven't watched any episodes of Lost at all.not my cup of tea. how many of us are going to Comic Con?

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Poor Alison! She just found out the weekend passes for Comic-Con are sold out! Now you can only purchase by day. All days are still available, but you have to get them separately. And she's pissed because now she can't get into preview night :(

I hope the rest of you get your passes soon, because next thing you know Saturday will be sold out.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just found out that the con will open at 9 am, instead of 10 am, which means those driving have to be park there earlier too.

Dale and I will be sharing a room at Robert's hotel, but we'd like two roommates who will be driving, or can share a car rental.

5. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    wow! i didn't know that the comic con tix would really sell out this late. it's been pretty quiet in the comic con front. today i got an email from anne asking for volunteers to work the official pix booth. depending on who will be there i'll prolly volunteer a few hours. i can wake up earlier to hold a spot in the line since i'll be staying close to the convention center.

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    It actually opens at 9:30 Matt. Just look at it this way, that will be less time standing in line.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If the rumors are true and Karen Allen is signing at Official Pix, I...I mean "Mutt" will be there to help! :D

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The hotel actually looks pretty good:

http://www.qualityinn.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=CAA09&sid=

Kathy, do you still have that one room there as a back-up? That would give us four rooms total.

9. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    That would be cool if Karen Allen comes.

One of the rooms at the hotel is going to have me, eva, angelica and shannon in it.

10. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    My bro and I booked our flights from Southwest:

Depart: JULY 23 - #723 SFO 9:20 am, SAN 10:45 am

Return: JULY 28 - #2448 SAN 4:05 pm, SFO 5:30 pm

$48 one way, $58 return flight.

The lowest fares from Oakland were $48/$64 and from San Jose were $64/$64.

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Does anyone know how the badge pickup for daily badges works? I've purchased badges for Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun. Will I be able to pick up all of them at once on Thurs? Or are they going to make me pick up only one at a time each morning? If I have to wait for badge pickup every day, I will never be able to get in line early enough for panels- I'll either have crappy seats or not get in at all. That's the main problem I have, more than preview night, since I attend the con for the panels.

I've been looking at SW as well, from SJ, but am holding off for a day or two in order to decide what time to fly in on Wed given the change in my preview-night status. Oh, and SJ flights are that price only if you're completely flexible on departure/arrival times on Wed and Mon. If you have a schedule to keep, prices go up, unfortunately. I'm probably going to arrive sometime Wed night and will have to leave around 9am Mon morning.

12. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    for every day pass you have you'll have to fall in line for each day.

13. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    yup! karen allen will be signing at official pix! along with some actor from the SW animated series. matt and dale- are u guys volunteering for OPX? i'm thinking of volunteering.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll volunteer, Kev. Gotta have my pic as Mutt with "Mom". ;) The other actor is Tom Kane, Yoda from The Clone Wars - nice guy when I met him at CIV.

15. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    cool! hopefully we can all get a shift together! comic con is looking better and better!

16. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    We are now flying so we are going to be on the same flight as Matt and Dale. Hey, do you guys fly with your sabers? I'm assuming they won't let you carry them on the plane.

17. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    isn't there a member in the fan force that works for airport security? maybe we can ask him? oh here's my flight info
    depart oakland jul 23 1210 pm and arrive at 135 pm.
    leave san diego jul 27 at 730am.

should i move my time of arrival earlier?

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I have my flight tickets. Given my situation, I figured I'd go for a later flight on Wed and save at least half a day of PTO at work. I'm also on Southwest, but out of San Jose.

Wed Flt 1997 3:25 - 4:45pm
    Mon Flt 3253 9:00 - 10:20am

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Actually, it's Gina (Imp3West) and I'm not sure what her hours are. I'll send her a PM or e-mail before we leave. Sometimes Keita (tacblue) works there as SFPD too.

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like folks in the SoCal RL and 501st are planning on doing a "midnight madness" event on Friday night for the release of The Clone Wars toys!

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Is this going to be during SDCC?

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Well, technically after the con closes Friday night. Something similar happened one year when one of the Harry Potter books sold at midnight during the week of SDCC. Mary Franklin even went to it!

23. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    the clone wars toys will have a special sticker that says "first day of release" making them valuable (to Ebay scalpers). are we gonna join them after friday night's con? isn't that SW day with the fan films that same evening?

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    SO MANY EXCLUSIVES:

http://2008reviews.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=875

:eek:

The rundown of studio panels:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080618l.php

:-B

25. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    thanks for the links matt! i was wondering what exclusives would be sold besides the Sideshow Aayla (which I'm passing on). Besides the usual SW and GI Joe figures I'll keep my shopping spree to a minimum. i really want the Solid Snake Camo fig though!That'll prolly not sell out that fast. Gentle Giant Anakin bust- i'll prolly get but won't go out of my way to buy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.