main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC-CON 2009 - July 22-26

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Starting this now (officially):

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/

Actually Preview Night is July 22, while the con is actually from the 23rd - 26th (for any of you newbies).

So who's going?

RSA edit: stickied! :)

Locked at CR's Request

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'm in for sure matt! i talked to dale during wondercon about splitting a room with you guys. hopefully a place closer to the con so we dont have to worry bout driving over and finding parking. let's start looking for hotels now! oh and cheap airline tix!

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hotels go on sale next week, I think?

4. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
  5. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm planning to go!

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Skipping this year's.

7. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    well i managed to get 2 days off, so i'm going thursday and friday.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I just heard that the 4-day passes are 96% sold already, so if you haven't got them yet, do it NOW!

9. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    And as of this morning the 4 day passes were gone. Thank goodness Joan called me last night!

10. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm going friday, like last year. May bring Kris and Leia also. Looking forward to seeing anyone who will be going down there.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    As of last Friday, 4-day passes are SOLD OUT! There are still individual day passes, with a limited number of Saturday passes left. The problem with that is that you'd have to get to the con early every day (instead of just one time) to register!

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hotels open up TOMORROW at 9 am!

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here are mine and Dale's itinerary (so far):

Hotel:

Best Western Seven Seas
    411 Hotel Circle South
    619-291-1300

Check In: 7/22
    Check Out: 7/26

(We will be staying with a friend the night of the 26th)

Airfare:

7/22: Southwest # 198, Departs SFO 8:20 am
    7/27: Southwest # 2906, Departs SAN 11:30 am

(Both were only $49 each way - I'd get the flight to SD first before they're gone. There were still plenty of departure times left. I was going to leave on the 26th, but there weren't any for the $49 price...yet).

14. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    does anyone know of anyone that has 2 4-day sdcc passes that want to sell them? my friend and his sister want to go to comic con but they didn't pre order their 4 day passes. now that they are sold out they are SOL. i thought id check the fan force to see if anyone bought some that aren't going anymore.

15. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    disregad that post above! my friend just bought individual day passes

16. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hi Matt! Do you know by any chance who celebrities are going to this Comic Con? I wonder if the cast of Twilight will go like last year. I'm really want to confirm that so I can make my plans. I know there is going to be a TwiCon in Dallas from July 26th to August 2nd in Texas. So I'm kinda torn between them Ahhh! help please.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Mirtha,

I think its still way too early who'll be there. You'd have to keep checking the website (in the first post). The final schedule isn't online until about two weeks before the con, and even then celebrities cancel at the last-minute or people get added. And with the 4-day passes now sold out, I'd buy individual day passes and get a refund a month or two before the deadline for them.

The problem you'll have (like others who were not sure about going) is that you'll have to stand in line to register and get a different badge every day, instead of doing it just one time on Wednesday, when the people with the 4-day passes do that. If you don't buy your day passes soon, they might run out of Saturday passes. So for example, you might have a pass for each day, but NOT for Saturday, which is the BIGGEST day, and you'll be kicking yourself, while you stand outside the convention, not being able to get in, even though you'll have passes for the other days.

18. ARASHI

Apr 9, 2005
    hi Matt!! thanks for the info. Yeap! what a dilemma! I have to analize now everything. I don't like the idea to make a line everyday. The 4 day passes are sold out. i feel super sad now :(

19. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Mirtha,
    Angelica and I were at the twilight panel last year and if its contact with the cast you want, I would say go to texas, unless you want the comic-con experience. Aside from getting a sneak peak at the movie we didn't really get a whole lot of information. Poor Rob Pattinson was so nervous he could barely get two words out. We were late getting into line and were lucky to make it into the hall at all so we were way in the back. The signing they did was by lottery so there is no guarntee of getting autographs. Poor angelica was sad. Also, we don't know they will go to San Diego this year. They are supposed to start filming eclipse this summer. I personally am not going to Comic-Con this year. I am staying home for my Harry Potter con instead. There will be another Twilight con in SF next Feb. If you want to come for a visit, you will always have a place to stay.

20. ARASHI

Apr 9, 2005
    Woow! I forgot about that. They will probably getting ready to shoot Eclipse. Humm. Is there going to be another TwiCon next year in SF... So maybe I should wait until that. Ahhh.. sad. Really I want to see the cast & have the oportunity of a signature. If it's not Robert I want to meet the actors who played Emmett & Carlisle hehehe. Abuu :( So I might visit SF next year instead. Unless I'm able to steal a bank here in Peru so I can travel this year & next yeat too hehe.

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Remember, Celebration V will most likely be next year too. ;)

22. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    There is going to be one in SF next year. It is Feb 12-14. We already know Jackson Rathbone (aka Jasper Hale) will be there with his band. I'm sure a lot of the others will show up as well. I can let you know when the tix go on sale. Right now its just the premium package which is around $300.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Not that it really matters (since only a few of us are going), but Saturday passes are now SOLD OUT!

24. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    does anyone know of anyone who is selling their 4 day passes from any other fan force divisions or from 501st? my friend really wants to go and i promised i'd ask around. please let me know asap!

25. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    For anyone who is flying out of San Jose/south bay, Southwest currently has flights for just $49 each way. Yay! I see flights at that price for SFO or OAK, but not as often for SJC. I've nabbed my flight - I'll be heading out Wed at 10:10am and arriving in San Diego at 11:30. If anyone else is arriving at the same time, maybe we could schedule and share a shuttle ride. I joined a friend of mine on one of them last year and it was a bit cheaper than taxi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.