main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA COMIC-CON 2009 - July 22-26

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You're a male over 30? I doubt you'd like Twilight since it's a (very chaste) teen vampire romance. Actually, so is Vampire Diaries, though it was written before Twilight. The Sookie Stackhouse books are worth reading because of the many differences between them and True Blood. But the show is still faithful to the main story and most of the characterization. And the books have a fe clues to some of the subtle stuff going on in True Blood.

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Yea, my buddy Frank wrote that. We met in line for TPM and he can be seen at the end of the the TPM DVD doc The Beginning, hugging Dale before the movie starts. He's the one that falls to his knees when he gets his ticket torn. [face_laugh] I should call him if he's doing a signing up here.

I think the book comes out later this year, and Comic-Con may be for pre-orders. I'll check when we get down there.

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just found out that there will be a Padres game across the street at Petco Park on Preview Night, so parking might be more of a problem.

I'm sure Ashley Eckstein (aka Ahsoka Tano) will be there cheering her husband on. She was on an E! Special about baseball wives the other night.

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
  5. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    As I said before it's Vampire Weekend:

Thursday:1:45-2:45 Summit Entertainment? Summit Entertainment presents a sneak peek of exclusive footage of some of its upcoming major film releases!

Sorority Row?When five sorority girls inadvertently cause the murder of one of their sisters in a prank gone wrong, they agree to keep the matter to themselves and never speak of it again, so they can get on with their lives. This proves easier said than done, when after graduation a mysterious killer goes after the five of them and anyone who knows their secret. Join the cast of Sorority Row as they debut footage from the film exclusive to Comic-Con 2009.

The Twilight Saga: New Moon?Summit Entertainment is proud to present the panel for The Twilight Saga: New Moon, the highly anticipated sequel to last year's box office smash Twilight. Surprise members of the cast will answer your questions about the second film in the series and debut never-before-seen footage from the new film.
    Hall H

I'm guessing there will be no interest in the Sorority Row film - another remake of an old slasher film. The major cast of new Moon is expected to be there, Pattinson, Stewart, and Lautner.

Also Thursday:

6:30-7:00 Focus Features: Thirst? Focus Features and Comic-Con present a rare U.S. appearance by acclaimed Korean filmmaker Park Chan-wook, whose "scandalous vampire melodrama" Thirst just won the Prix du Jury (Jury Prize) at the 2009 Cannes International Film Festival. Sang-hyun (played by top Korean star Song Kang-ho, of The Host) is a priest who cherishes life; so much so, that he selflessly volunteers for a secret vaccine development project meant to eradicate a deadly virus. But the virus takes the priest, and a blood transfusion is urgently ordered for him. The blood he receives is infected, so he lives?but now exists as a vampire. Sang-hyun soon plunges into a world of sensual pleasures, finding himself on intimate terms with the Seven Deadly Sins. Park will show clips from the movie? which opens in select cities on July 31?and discuss his career. Hall H

Park Chan-wook is the director of great Korean films such as JSA, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, and Sympathy for Mr Vengeance. There's been good buzz about this one.

Wednesday: The Vampire Diaries pilot is going to be screened at Comic Con on the the 22nd at the WB preview night and at the TVD panel on the 25th. Ian Somerhalder (Damon), Paul Wesley (Stefan), and Nina Dobrev (Elena) are going to be attending the panel, along with producers Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec and Bob Levy. There should be a Q&A, though the screening of the pilot may well make time limited for that.

The True Blood panel will take place at 5:15 p.m. on Saturday, and here's the rundown of who will be appearing on the panel: Executive producer Alan Ball, Charlaine Harris (who wrote the novels on which the HBO show is based), Anna Paquin (Sookie), Stephen Moyer (Bill), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette), Rutina Wesley (Tara), Sam Trammell (Sam), Alexander Skarskard (Eric), Michelle Forbes (Maryann) and Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica).

6. _Master-Skywalker_

_Master-Skywalker_ Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2005
    *lol* yes I am, thanks for the tip :D

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    No! The Caprica panel is Friday!? Crap. What to do...

8. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Is there a panel in another room you wanted to see on Friday? Or is a day that you'll be away from the con?

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Star Wars Comic-Con 2009 exclusives and swag:

http://www.starwars.com/fans/news/20090630news.html

10. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    It's all about the Vampires

Saturday:
    10:00-11:00 TwiFic FanGroup? AngstGoddess003 (Wide Awake), EZRocksAngel (Creature of Habit), tby789 (The Office), manyafandom (The Arrangement) and more of the most popular writers in Fan Fic discuss their stories, writing, and thoughts on canon. Join us for Q&A time with some of the best fan fiction writers out there! Room 24A

Looks like a Twilight fan fic panel

From the man who brought you Scream and Dawson's Creek:
    5:55-7:00 The Vampire Diaries Pilot Screening and Q&A? The Vampire Diaries stars Nina Dobrev (Degrassi: The Next Generation), Paul Wesley (Killer Movie), and Ian Somerhalder (Lost) appear with executive producer/writer Kevin Williamson (Scream), writer Julie Plec (Kyle XY), and executive producer Bob Levy (Gossip Girl), as the series makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the much-talked-about pilot, followed by a Q&A. This edgy and romantic new drama, in which two vampire brothers?one good, one evil?are at war for the soul of one girl, is based upon the bestselling book series of the same name. Lynette Rice of Entertainment Weekly moderates. From Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT this fall on The CW, premiering September 10. Room 6BCF

And if you can't get enough of Twilight (You know who you are):
    Thursday:Summit Entertainment will be presenting ?The Twilight Experience,? a one-time theatrical re-release of 2008?s Twilight, which will be a treat for Twilight fans as the event will include an introduction by the present cast members. The screening tickets are $10.00, and are available for purchase through Fandango only (with pick up at the theater prior to the event). The screening event will take place at the Pacific Gaslamp, 701 5th Avenue (a few blocks from the convention center), with the doors opening at 5:30 p.m. (Note: only two tickets are allowed per person).

From Fandango: Special Comic-Con 2009 Screening! Tix on sale Monday, July 20th (two tickets maximum per person) for one-night only screening of Twilight on Thurs., July 23rd, at The Gaslamp Stadium in San Diego, CA, which will include live introductions from the cast.

Other special events taking place at Comic-Con through Summit Entertainment (their booth being in the Grand Hall) are an opportunity to have a photo taken in an exclusive The Twilight Saga: New Moon photo booth, the chance to collect special edition trading cards for the film, and the opportunity to meet the CG-enhanced animated versions of classic characters brought to life in Astro Boy. There will also be a spin-wheel where fans can win promotional give-aways and exclusive prizes.

Sunday: 4:00-5:00 Buffy the Musical? Let's end this show with a bang! The powers that be behind Fandom Charities Inc. and Whedonopolis.com present a screening of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical episode "Once More With Feeling" as Comic-Con 2009's big closing event! Many say this is the finest, funniest, most ingenious episode ever to come out of the Buffy-verse. But remember, the best part of the show is up to you! This episode was made for talkin'?back, that is?and singing and shouting and dancing in the aisles, with or without your dry cleaning! Audience participation: it isn't just for Rocky Horror and mob riots anymore. For more details on the screening visit www.whedonopolis.com, then show up for music, singing, surprises and dancing crazy! Ballroom 20

11. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Um, it's the day and time of a photo shoot I've been gearing up for since like... February of this year. (but we e-mailed and you know that now...) So that's why I'm so bummed. The one panel I care about conflicts exactly with the time of this group photo and I'm still very torn about what to do.

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    SW Shop's Comic-Con store, with new Ecko merch and more!

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/category.xml?category_id=1305468&pcid1=&pcid2=&page=1&topcatID=1300264

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    All things Star Wars:

http://www.starwars.com/fans/news/20090630news.html

:D

14. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Could someone snag me an Iron Man 2 poster(s) should they have them? Any other cool Iron Man swag would be appreciated. :)

15. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Woow Comic Con is here!!! Please everyone have a lot of fun & if you Please can get into the Twilight Panel don't forget to tell me what's going on there & if you have picture please send it to me please please ...

So far I'm still working to see if I can go to the Twilight Convention in February.. I miss you all!!!

16. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey mirtha,
    I was getting updates from Angelica while she was in Hall H. She said the clip they showed was Bella and Jacob riding on the motercycles and bella crashing. I am assuming Rob is leaning against a tree lecturing her about being careful. She is going to the special screening of Twilight tonight so I am sure she will have some more stories to tell. That would be great if you can make it out in Feb. Apparently they also showed the clip of bella running through the square in Italy. Go to rottentomatos.com and they have coverage of it.

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I guess I should of specified that they should be "free" lol

18. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Well I wasn't able to get a poster for you, but they had these all these flirtatious young Stark Industries secretaries handing out cool business cards for employment with Stark Industries; I grabbed one for you... an extra card that is. And I also have them boots for ya

19. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I'll take a Pepper Potts on the side Blu Ray. ;) Thanks for looking out and I think Matty snagged me one too. It'll give me idea on how to do my business card maybe. lol

Oh and for us stuck on this part of the planet from the bright spot of the geek universe. Here's a lil piece of... erm... Let's not finish this sentence. :)

I think you'll see one of our familiar SFFF Council Members. [face_whistling] *Kat call whistle* Check it:
    Dirty babe... you see this shackles baby, I'm your SLAAAAVE...

20. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hi guys! I just found out that one of the most popular tv host in Peru is in Comic Con and doing a Coverage of Star Wars Today. If you see him, his Name is Bruno Pinasco & his program is Cinescape. He just had an interview with Kristen & Taylor. Here is his twitter so you can see his pic: http://twitter.com/brunopinasco here is another pic: http://twitpic.com/bjras

If you see him say you want to give a Mirtha a shout out the Crazy Robert Pattison fan hahaha.
    :) :) :)

21. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    on thursday i heard that the comicon people kicked out a slave leia because her costume was to skimpy, any one else hear about that?

22. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Just saw Kathy, Matt and Tom on G4.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's bs... probably just a rumor. There are way more skimpier outfits that Slave Leia.

24. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    TV or internet?

25. Nebelwerfer

Apr 8, 2008
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/comic_con_2009_costume_gallery/pictures/40.php#highlighted_picture

picture of dale

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/SDCC_New_TCW_Season_2_Preview_Video_125243.asp

this might actually give me a reason to watch clone wars cartoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.