main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Comic-Con 2009

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    So who is going? We don't have a hotel yet, but we have our Pro passes. Probably just going for a day or two this year (got rid of our booth). It'll be fun to just go as fans again!

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    got a hotel, and a ticket, but still might not go.
    It's so crowded, and the staff there is so amazingly bad.

3. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Is it a con hotel? Close? If so, let me know if you don't want it! :D

4. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    No, I'm sharing a room with family.

5. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Ah, gotcha.

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I have the four day pass. I'm staying Wed, and Thurs with Bryan at his home then Friday and Saturday I'm at the Hilton the brand new one they built down by Hall H. It's a one bed room so no sharing unfortunately.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I got my 4-day pass and my hotel, I'm all ready to go! I can't wait! It's so far away though. There's nothing I'm really looking forward to other than hanging out with good friends.

8. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah I'm not even concerned with the programming this year. I've seen all the people from all the shows many times over so seeing them yet again isn't anything I care about. Most of the cool summer movies will have been out already so I have no idea what they could be previewing this time around.

I see myself just walking the con floor as usual. No exclusives I need. Hanging out with folks at the 501st table and just being happy not to be at work. It will be my last vacation until Christmas.

9. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    As usual, I am staying with Matt since Scott has a sig other. I am bringing my GF Friday.
    SHould be a fun time. Only going Friday and Saturday.

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Video Games Live is doing a performance there. I might go to that.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't know what video games live is? I'm trying to get Bryan to come with me to the 501st dinner Friday. Don't know if that will happen he has a friend from SF staying with him as well and will need to entertain her too.

12. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    If there are any good panels I might try to go for a day trip this year. I've never been to a ComiCon!!

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That is downright just shameful.

14. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Unless something absolutely amazing comes up I probably am going to skip Comic-Con this year. It really is too crowded and that gets old so quickly.

It is a crime that APL has never been. We need to change that some day.

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm pretty sure we're only going Thursday and Friday. You couldn't pay me enough to attend the horror show that is Saturday! [face_hypnotized]

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know, the day I considered attending was Saturday and then I remember how bad Thursday was last year and that kind of made me not want to go. As much as I'd love a bigger venue it would lose a lot of it's charm if it left San Diego. Too bad.

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, last year was so crowded and crazy that I said it was the last time I would go, but I really want to go this year. I don't know why. I just want to hang out.

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    This year apparently is my "wear big, poofy costumes" year. Plus Masquerade and doing all of the normal FF/RL/501st stuff, I'm going to be pooped.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Maybe I was more tired because I did a turn around trip and part of it was marred by that stupid accident, but I really didn't have too much fun last time though it was neat to see ArtMaul.

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Miana good luck getting through the halls in a poofy costume! One can barely get along in just jeans and a tee! DH, ArtMaul: now that is a name I haven't heard in a long long time...

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    What about ArtMaul's biceps?

I'm looking forward to it as always. Just take it easy and know that you aren't going to get to do it all. Expect delays and crowds everywhere you go. Once you accept those things it makes for a better time.

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I figure poofy will be easier. I had a long train on one of my dresses a few years back. THAT was horrible. But big and poofy and easy to spot miles away makes people give you space. Sometimes.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ArtMaul still looks awesome. Biceps were well...[face_blush]

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Hope so! Goodness, I can imagine the nightmare of a train...[face_hypnotized]

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I can't imagine a big poufy costume. What a bother it would be. Have fun with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.