main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Comic-Con 2013 Badge Ribbons

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Dune_Sea_Hermit, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    The badge ribbons featuring Star Wars quotes have been a good way to draw people to the SDFF booth. Comic-Con is less than a month away but we can continue this tradition with the help of the members.

Here's what we need.

1) Donations
    Badge ribbons cost money! In the past, Jess made up the shortfall in donations. This practice cannot continue. Please help your your club and send a donation through PayPal to Keep in mind that PayPal will charge a transaction fee so adjust your donation amount accordingly, i.e. add an extra dollar or two. Donations of any amount will be accepted.

If everyone who has ever been to a meeting or event, read the old boards, new boards or old new boards, liked us on Facebook, read a post, posted a reply, dropped by the booth or likes Star Wars makes a donation, we should be able to cover the cost of the ribbons. I ask you to help us...no, I beg you to help us.

2) Quotes
    Suggest Star Wars quotes in the replies below. If left up to me, everything will come from Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles. (A coughing robot took our lightsabers!)

3) Trivia
    Anybody want to write this? If left up to me, everything will come from Lego Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles or Lego Star Wars: The Padawan Menace.

4) Promotional Product company from which to order
    Suggestions? What did we use in the past? What is a good price per ribbon?

5) Information
    I need a list of the quotes used in the past and the number of ribbons per quote ordered.

6) you to accept this totally predictable incentive to donate
    All donors will be entered into a raffle to win, you guessed it, some crocheted Star Wars item! You can choose from an R2-D2 beanie, R2-D2 or Imperial ear flap cap, tooka doll, Imperial scarf or beret, Rebel scarf, Astromech or Imperial stocking in the colors of your choice.

Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show generosity. Please make a donation!

Thank you for reading this.
    Reynalyn
    Treasurer
    Unofficial Club Crocheter

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  2. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    Donations received after three days: 0

__________________, you disappoint me. Yoda holds you in such high esteem. Surely you can do better!

3. Drake_Gailian

Drake_Gailian Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    Waiting for my Paycheck this Fri
    Do we have a copy of the List of Already used Quotes and Trivia Q's

4. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    Not yet

5. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I think James might have it?

6. Drake_Gailian

Drake_Gailian Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2013
    is there another way to donate other than paypal?

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I have the trivia questions that I wrote for 2011. Someone else came up with the trivia for last year - it might have just been handwritten.

8. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    Monies sent! I'll look at my ribbon collection and post what we've done before.

In the past, we've always had May the Force Be With You and It's a Trap! and they were the first ones folks asked about, so we may want to keep to that tradition.

9. Tal-Kender

Tal-Kender Jedi Master star 2

Jul 26, 2002
    Ok, for 2011, we had:

May the force...
    It's a Trap!
    Beep Boop Boop
    Yub Yub, Commander
    What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?
    Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic lifeform?
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.
    and one more quote that I don't have on my ribbon string.

We ordered 100 of each, and all donors got a complete set of ribbons.

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    current stock of leftover ribbons:
    - 46x "Come on, come on, you guys! Let's have an organized retreat here!" (EU)
    - 45x "From water we're born, in fire we die. We seed the stars." (EU)
    - 22x "Happy Life Day" (Holiday Special)
    - 17x "Yub Yub, Commander" (EU)
    - 8x "Beep Boop Boop" (Family Guy)

11. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Apr 30, 2002
    Due to a lack of interest and funds, the badge ribbon giveaway has been canceled.

We're doing a prize raffle instead. So far we've got a Darth Vader lamp/alarm clock, The Book of Sith and some hats. Let us know if you'd like to donate something. The idea is to have a daily drawing with moderate prizes not just one big prize for one person.

Jess, thanks for your donation. I'll return it.

12. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Sorry. I would have donated but I has no monies. :(