Lit Comic-Con, CE, and D23 News Thread - The Expanded Universe, the Sequel Trilogy, and other stuff!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22, Jul 19, 2013.

1. vong333 Force Ghost

star 4
    those are just shots and dosen't represent anything. The series can be made and cancelled when you least expect it
    darklordoftech likes this.
  2. AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost

star 5
    But Anji's Nexu is the only character to make it out of the FotJ alive and unharmed...
  3. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm so sick of Chee's Ewok tweets.
  4. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Better on Twitter than in the movie.
  5. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    That is true.

Luke will appear on screen for the first time in 32 years, and then Chee will interrupt the movie to sing Yub Nub.
  6. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Incidentally, both Chee and Pablo have been talking on Twitter about having been placed on "the new Story Team at LFL". How and if that relates to the ST as opposed to all the "lesser" stuff I couldn't imagine, but it definitely suggests that the Disney/Kennedy administration wants to remain at least EU-conversant if not strictly dogmatic.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Jul 27, 2013
  7. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 5
    Really? That's interesting...
  8. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Good to hear, so long as they don't pull a Game of Thrones stunt and behave like the Small Council.

"New leader in the fair Kingdom of LFL? Time to switch loyalties!"

(I would not expect that of Chee and Hidalgo, of course. I expect them to enter the first LFL meeting and get pelted by cries of "blasphemy!" and "heretics!" within twenty minutes.)
    BigAl6ft6 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  9. Lugija Force Ghost

star 4
    I want them to use the C'Baoth tactic.

"So we thought that Han and Leia would have two daughters named Shmi and Padme-"
    "HOW DAARREE YOU!"
  10. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    -Hey, Mr Abrams, it'll be a really good idea to open the gates to the EU for the ST...
    -Thanks for the advice, Grand Maester Chee.
    JStepp likes this.
  11. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Celebration VII confirmed
    Anaheim, CA, April 16-19, 2015

Eh, I was kind of hoping for it to be summer/fall 2014 and have it be where they revealed/showed some of the first Ep7 stuff (trailer, etc). As it is, this is pretty close to their targeted release date, so it'll serve as the big final hype-generating party (I like how neatly them being 7s match-up). The atmosphere there should be amazing :D Also, since it's in CA, we might get a number of the Bad Robot/Lucas Film guys to show up (possibly Abrams/cast members?)

Also, potentially tying into any Disneyland SW themed expansions.
    Last edited by DarkEagle, Jul 28, 2013
  12. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah, kriff. I'm usually on vacation in April anyways, so we won't be going. Here's hoping for CVIII...
  13. EmeraldJediFire Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I might be able to wrangle that for my birthday. It's near it.
  14. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Bumping, in light of this weekends D33 Expo in Anaheim, CA.

Perhaps we will get our first insights into the Sequel Trilogy? [face_praying]

--Adm. Nick
  15. Ordo Skirata Jedi Master

star 2
  16. CeiranHarmony Force Ghost

star 5

CE though confirmed John Williams as well as a lot of minor more vague news like Warwick Davis getting something to do for sure, and how they approach/work on the Sequels. So I expect another namedrop or tidbit at last still.
  17. cdgodin Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Disney also earlier denied any Star Wars or Lucasfilm presence at D23, yet now they have announced both will be there. That quote is likely to get expectations down in order to receive a positive reception from the media.
  18. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    As someone who doesn't want spoilers, I'd be concerned if they were dropping anything big this early in the game. A tidbit is fine, "big news" needs to wait. For a long time.
  19. DigitalMessiah Chosen One

star 5
    What about casting news or characters? If they revealed so and so was cast as Han Solo Jr., would that be a spoiler?
  20. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Depends on who you ask. I don't mind knowing that before the movie premiers but I think it's a little early right now.
  21. Bib Fartuna Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Haha! :)
  22. Dr. Steve Brule Force Ghost

star 4
    It's going to start filming in January, there's not a whole longer they can wait.
  23. Dr. Steve Brule Force Ghost

star 4
    The live-action panel at D23 just ended, and apparently nothing at all was said about Star Wars.
  24. DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    All they've said so far is "Star Wars 7- Summer 2015" (and possible hints about "Orange Harvest" lol, the SW expansion to DisneyLand).