main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Comic Con Duelists

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by JediKnightLisa, Sep 21, 2012.

1. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Hi all!

We are getting closer to Comic Con, just a few weeks away.
    Anyone who is interested in dueling at Comic Con on October 7, please post here.

So far I have:
    Steve
    Bill
    Jon
    Karen
    Dave

I know there are others who are stating interest on the dueling thread. That's great! :D

I am looking into indoor space for next week (considering this week seems pretty shot), incase of bad weather or in addition to Bassett Park. I would like to get everyone together, see how much dueling time we have down already (we will have two time slots to fill), and hopefully put it all to music (I think that would give it a little something special and polishes the duel). Short notice, but I think we can do it.

If you have cool music you might like to try out, bring it along at our session(s) next week. I have a few ideas in mind and I know Jon and Karen already have their duel down to music.

So to sum up:
    Dueling sessions TUESDAY 10/3 AT 7PM at Forestview Church of God.
    Anyone interested in dueling at comic con not mentioned above, please contact me/post and try to come next week.
    Hopefully set all duels up to music.
    Have FUN!

2. CloneJelley

CloneJelley Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2011
    Ok then...REALLY interested....but my access to this board is spotty at best. :oops: So I give anyone organizing training permission to use my cell phone # from the contact info you guys should have so that you can lemme know whats up. [face_praying]

3. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Lisa, my church is open on Saturday evening. There is a wedding during the afternoon, but we should be clear after 6pm.

4. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Steve and I discussed getting together at the church on this Tuesday as well. I am holding worship team practice at 6:30, and we shouldn't be more than a couple hours. Karen is working until 9 and if she can make it, won't be there until around 9:30ish. I expect a late night, but it worked out fine last time we met. Either way, the building is ours say, 8:45 - 9ish if you want to make it a rehearsal night.

5. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Awesome Jon thanks!

Unfortunately, Karen and I may not be able to make Saturday, or may be late, depending on how long things go.

Tuesday night at 8:45pm and Saturday after 6pm at Jon's church for dueling practice this week! If you need directions, please contact Jon.

Jon, do you have a CD player? I can bring one if need be. :)

Please post if you can make either or both nights.

6. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Dave and I will be there Tuesday.
    Possibly just Dave on Saturday.

7. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Still committed to this but Tuesday and Saturday are currently up in the air.

8. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    If you can bring one along, that would be great. I may try to bring my old stereo and see if I can rig up my phone to it and play the MP3 file. Larry was talking with me at the dinner and has offered to bring the speaker that we used for practices for the bisons game for the comic con.

9. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Tomorrow just opened up for me! Where and when now?

10. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Street address would be appreciated for the church

11. CloneJelley

Sep 18, 2011
    Wont be able to make it tonight but most likely will be saturday if you could pm me the addy for the church that would be great. Thanks!

12. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Sorry everyone, I'm a scratch for Saturday... I was just informed that I will have out of town company coming in for Saturday. I apologize for this. We can do Tuesday next week (I don't have practice that night, so the building will be ours.).

13. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Address is 1250 Saunders Settlement Rd. Niagara Falls NY 14305. The church is called Forestview Church of God.

14. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    So no practice this Tuesday? Next Tuesday?

15. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    To clarify, I'm a scratch for just this saturday. There is practice tonight and possibly next tuesday "if it pleases the court"...

16. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I will be there with sabers in hand

17. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    i am not sure i can make either dueling practice. I may just work out a solo saberstaff routine to do at some point if that sounds alright to the rest of you.

18. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    If you would still have me, I am available on Saturday

19. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I believe some people may be getting together on Saturday, but Jon's church will not be available. We will update. :)

Can you make Tuesday 10/3 at 7?

20. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    We will be getting together again on Tuesday 10/3 at 7pm, Forestview Church of God to hopefully finalize what we will be doing.

There maybe a practice on Saturday (the church is unavailable), will keep you posted

UPDATE: Saturday practice at Bassett Park at 6pm.
    Thank you Steve for setting that up. :)

21. CloneJelley

Sep 18, 2011
    Sadly a family emergency has come up. So saturday's out for me...but the following tues is good...wont be able to stay long....as I get up at 330 am for work the next day :p

22. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    we can shoot for bassett park if that works for people...looks like weather should cooperate..... any specific time better? or just shoot for 5 or 6pm

23. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I can do Tuesday as well

24. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    I'd probably get there closer to 6pm

25. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Great guys!
    I won't be able to be there on Saturday. Maybe could get there late, depending. Dave should be there.