main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Comic Con...eeepppppp here I come!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Okay so I got this e-mail?you see a sent a check in about a week ago to this little get together called Comic Con International. They have this art show and auction and every year I tell myself I am going to do it next year?

Well here you go!

Brandy,
    Your artist number is 03-***. Put this number on all art show paperwork. I look forward to seeing you at the Con .

EEEeeeeeeekkkk
    No backing out now! So if you would like to see some of my works please look for me under the name DarkStar357?
    Again I say eeeeeeeeepppp

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Told you before, I'm so proud of you for taking the step Sis :)

3. Jedi_Webb

Jedi_Webb Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    *Please excuse my ignorance*
    I really don't know what Comic Con is, but it sounds like you will be hosting a booth or something with your own comics and/or art? For those of us who are a little out of touch with these types of things, could you please elaborate so we can join you and rejoice. :) Whatever it is, it sounds pretty cool.

4. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    Imagine if you will...thousands of geeks..Star Wars Geeks...Comic Geeks...Sci Fi Geeks all under one roof...with booths and tables filled with stuff for FOUR days. It can make a sane person want to dress up like Batman and run about its halls!

A little bit from their Website

"Comic-Con International in 2002 topped all previous years with a whopping 63,000 attendees for the 4-day event. With over 600 hours of programming, including 258 daytime events in the programming department alone, not-to-mention film and anime showings, gaming and nighttime events, Comic-Con 2002 became a benchmark year that will be tough to top."

What I am doing is showing my artwork in the Art Show.
    Art Show Link
    "The show will be displaying art and sculpture from both amateurs and professionals. Some of the pieces will be available for sale by silent or voice auction."

gulp!

5. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    That's awesome, Sistine! Can't wait to see your stuff in the big show. :)

ComicCon=Geek Heaven [face_love]

6. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
  7. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Right on sista!

8. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Heya Master,

I understand that you have a new padawan, and as such sleep is a thing of the past...

HOWEVER---

It's Sistine... not "sista"

;)

9. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    EDIT:

Dadratted double posting!!

10. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Ummmmmm shapes fingers into the shape of a "W" Whatever ?[face_plain]

11. Master-Yulen-Ood

Master-Yulen-Ood Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2003
    That is so way cool!!

What will you be showing? Pencils, inks, paintings, sculpture? Do you have your own comic characters or do you borrow from others? Do you have any pics up on the web? Reason I'm asking is because I've tried off and on to learn to draw comic book style and I have had a rough go of it, so I think it is great that you have been able to and have enough confidence to actually show it to people (mine don't ever escape my drawing pad). Way to go!

12. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Go Sistine! :D :D :)

13. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    That's my girl!

14. Sistine

Apr 28, 2002
    I will be showing a mix...some pencil, some black and white but mostly my work with Markers. I am working on getting art up on the Internet...I have the space, I have the scanner and I have the Moe! So soon...perhaps? I will get it up before con so I can post a link to it with my artwork...hmmm?

Oh, and my art should be easy to find...Look for the big sign that says "DarkStar 357" done by out very own Bunny!

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Congrats!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.