main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA ~**Comic-Con International 2004**~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Keiran_Horn, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Comic-Con International 2004

Dates: July 22-25, 2004. Preview Night: July 21.

Hotel Information/Rates

Note: All prices are based on "Twin" occupancy, which is two people with two beds per room. Please make note of this when calculating your expenses.

Note: All prices listed do not include tax.

Comfort Inn Downtown: $112.00

Embassy Suites - San Diego Bay: $182.00

Holiday Inn on the Bay: $145.00

Horton Grand: $169.00

Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego: $172.00
    -Right next to the CC.

Marriott Hotel & Marina: $224.00
    -Right next to the CC.

Omni San Diego Hotel: $190.00

Quality Inn & Suites: $130.00

Radisson Hotel Harbor View: $135.00

Sheraton Suites: $135.00

U.S. Grant: $159.00

Westin Horton Plaza: $148.00

Wyndham Emerald Plaza: $159.00

Registration Information/Rates

Full, 4-Day memberships
    MUST BE POSTMARKED BY APRIL 16, 2004
    Adults: $45
    Juniors (7-16) & Seniors (60+): $22

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 5, 2004
    Adults: $50
    Juniors (7-16) & Seniors (60+): $25

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 18, 2004
    Adults: $60
    Juniors (7-16) & Seniors (60+): $30

Note: Children under 12 are free with PAID adult membership.

Note: Only 4-day pre-registered members can attend Preview Night, Wednesday, July 21. No onsite registration will be available for Preview Night; only badge pickup for pre-registered full members.

Note: Badge Pickup Hours for pre-registered full, 4-day members only begins Wednesday, July 21 at 4:00pm. There will be no onsite registration on Wed. night.

2. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    I am currently favoriring the Westin Horton Plaza, as it is the clostest hotel to the CC while still remaining under $150.00. The Sheraton Suites is also a consideration, though it's one mile distance from the CC is a considerable hike, compared to the six blocks from Horton Plaza.

The Town and Country Resort, where we all stayed last year, as of now does not have any available rooms for the dates of the con.

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Oooooh! The Westin Horton plaza was quite nice, as I recall...also not too far from downtown, and very convenient to the mall food court. :~)

I walked from there to the CC a few times, not too bad. (CA Sci Teachers convention) Also easy to catch a cab, if need be.

4. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    If anyone has more specific information they would like to know, it would give me a place to start in my search. If not, I will just post new information as I find it. :)

5. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I say we get something close and large, and split the cost. Fast. The hardcore people will have everything rented out by now.

That being said, I think I got Mike to go, w00t.

6. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    All right, if Mike does end up going I will check out rates at the Westin for three people with two beds. Unless of course, you feel like kicking me out? :p

7. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    You can sleep in the Marriott dumpster.

8. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Yay! More stuff to spend money on!

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Just so you know, I'm going to call the hotel and to have them search your room for any random throwable packages of condiments....

:~D

Mwahahaha!

Seriously, the walk from the Westin is less than 10 minutes, easy to do, takes you by the Ralph's grocery store, and is right smack in the middle of the action downtown/Gaslamp district....and the food court is really afforadable...and if memory serves, the deli at Ralph's wasn't bad either, so food should be easier.

Of course, the Hilton is across the street, and the Marriott is right next door....I think there's an ugly looking Hyatt not far beyond the Marriott in the Seasomething Village, too.....

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    We must raid several Del Tacos for ammo beforehand.

11. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    All right, the hotels are filling up fast, way faster then I expected. We need to make the reservations now! As of five minutes ago the Westin Horton Plaza is down to only single-occupancy rooms available, but I am sure we can work something out. Here is what I need:

Garrett: I need a difinitive yes/no from Mike. As soon as you know, call me on my cell. If I don't get an answer today, I am booking assuming he is coming, and the money can be made up in July.

Matt: I'm assuming your doing your own reservations, but if you want to stay near us you're going to need to do it now. :)

If we wait on this, chances are we won't get a hotel room within a five mile radius of the CC. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of the trolley situation, so don't let me down.

12. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I'm up for a repeat, as long as it isn't me this time. :)

I'll call you later, as soon as I talk to Mike. I'm pretty sure he's going though, and if he ends up not, there's plenty of people that can fill his spot.

13. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Bump.

Matt, send me your hotel info when you get a chance. :)

14. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Kels and I are staying at the Quality Inn & Suites at 1430 Seventh Ave,. It's like a mile and a half away or something.

15. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Cool, that's about five blocks North and three blocks East of the Westin. Not a bad drive/walk at all. :)

16. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    So how many blocks total? 52?

17. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Comic-Con rates are now:

MUST BE POSTMARKED BY JUNE 5, 2004
    Adults: $50
    Juniors (7-16) & Seniors (60+): $25

18. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Update: Here's a press release on the Convention Exclusive action figure that I have been meaning to put up here for awhile. This will look handsome next to your silver Boba Fett from last year, Matt. :D

Go for the Silver at Comic-Con
    April 08, 2004

"Look, sir. Silver!"
    This year, collectors attending San Diego Comic-Con International will get a chance at the next figure in the exclusive Silver Saga Edition line from Hasbro. It's the classic sandtrooper from A New Hope, done with a silvery finish

Comic-Con runs from July 22-25 this year, and Star Wars will have a huge presence. You can take home some of that excitement in the form of the convention exclusive figure, available while supplies last. The figure will be available at the massive Star Wars pavilion of booths on the convention floor. There's a maximum of two figures per person -- convention badges will be punched with each purchase to ensure this limit.

Each silver sandtrooper is priced at $10, plus applicable local taxes. The figure will be doled out over the length of the convention, so each day, everyone has a chance to get one. A number of these figures will be set aside for future events, and for sale on StarWarsShop.com.

For more information about the exclusive "Silver Saga Edition" sandtrooper figure, as well as news on the big Star Wars convention plans coming this summer, keep checking starwars.com.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040408_3_bg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040408_1_bg.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/04/img/20040408_4_bg.jpg]

19. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I really don't look forward to waiting in that line.

20. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Actually, it wasn't all that bad...

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Press release on Steve Sansweet's activities at Comic-Con 2004

On Saturday, Steve Sansweet, the Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, will share a glimpse Inside Star Wars Episode III. In addition to looking ahead to the movie, Sansweet will talk about the release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, as well as other events and Star Wars news. Fans won't want to miss this special presentation, as Sansweet has been known to throw in a surprise or two just for Comic-Con visitors.

Saturday night, the Masquerade will offer the first-ever award from Lucasfilm for the best Star Wars costume. The costumer chosen by the judges to have the best attire from the Star Wars galaxy will receive a high-end licensed item as a prize. A hint: the prize ties together the upcoming Episode III with the original trilogy.

22. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Oooh! Costume contest!

You should have seen some of the Cel II costumes...wow.

23. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Article on All Star Wars Activity at Comic-Con 2004
    from the Official Site

Star Wars and Comic-Con International have been interwoven since sci-fi fans at the convention were first introduced to what would become Star Wars: A New Hope way back in the summer of 1976. This July, Lucasfilm and many of its licensees will make San Diego Comic-Con the place for Star Wars fans to be July 21 - 25, 2004.

The space saga will star in the huge Lucasfilm Star Wars pavilion, planned for the very front row in Hall D at the San Diego Convention Center. Convention attendees can purchase Hasbro's 2004 limited-edition silver-painted sandtrooper action figure, which will be available at the pavilion each day while supplies last. A host of Lucasfilm licensees will be showing off what's new in the Star Wars galaxy, with many offering exclusives and promotions created especially for Comic-Con. StarWarsShop.com will be open for business in the pavilion, too, offering select items from inventory.

Thursday evening at Comic-Con, Star Wars fans can enjoy the works of promising filmmakers competing in the third annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards. One talented filmmaker will bring home the top prize, the George Lucas Selects award, chosen by the director himself. There will be other awards, and special entertainment during the award ceremony, too. Hopeful contestants can go to www.starwars.atomfilms.com for entry details.

Friday is Star Wars day at Comic-Con, featuring seminars on everything Star Wars from toys and collectibles to books, and comics. Lucasfilm is planning Star Wars events for Kids' Day on Sunday, too.

On Saturday, Steve Sansweet, the Head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, will share a glimpse Inside Star Wars Episode III. In addition to looking ahead to the movie, Sansweet will talk about the release of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, as well as other events and Star Wars news. Fans won't want to miss this special presentation, as Sansweet has been known to throw in a surprise or two just for Comic-Con visitors.

Saturday night, the Masquerade will offer the first-ever award from Lucasfilm for the best Star Wars costume. The costumer chosen by the judges to have the best attire from the Star Wars galaxy will receive a high-end licensed item as a prize. A hint: the prize ties together the upcoming Episode III with the original trilogy.

24. Réka

Réka Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 1999
    I'll be in Hungary in July. :) So no can do Comic Con. :(

25. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    They're giving away Anakin's lightsaber as a prize?! I need to furiously put together an awesome costume. If I got that lightsaber...I think I'd explode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.