main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA ~**Comic-Con International 2004**~

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Keiran_Horn, Jan 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    High-end licensed item = Master Replicas something.

2. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I plan on attending at least Saturday. Don't think I can stay down there though. I'm trying not to spend weekends away for a while.

3. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Online registration for Comic-Con 2004 is now OVER. Also, single day membership rates have now been unveiled.

Full, 4-day memberships
    Adults: $60
    Juniors (7-16)* & Seniors (60+): $30*
    *Children under 12 free with PAID adult membership.

Single Day memberships
    Adults (Thurs/Fri/Sat): $25
    Juniors (7-16)* & Seniors (60+) (Thurs/Fri/Sat): $12*
    Adults (Sun.): $15
    Juniors (7-16)* & Seniors (60+): $7*
    *Children under 12 free with PAID adult membership.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be NO REFUNDS for onsite registration.

PLEASE NOTE: Badges will NOT be mailed out in advance. All pre-registered badges will be available for pickup at Attendee Pre-Registration in the San Diego Convention Center's Sails Pavilion (Upper Level), beginning Wednesday, July 21 at 4:00 p.m.

4. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    More SW Comic-Con info thanks to MJF:

Friday, July 23 will be Star Wars Day once again at San Diego Comic-Con International. Repeating a well-loved Comic-Con tradition, Star Wars fans can look forward to a day of panels, presentations, and fun all about the galaxy far, far away. Comic-Con runs from Wednesday night, July 21 through Sunday afternoon, July 25 at the San Diego Convention Center, and there will be Star Wars events or things to do every day. Here's what's coming up for Star Wars Day, Friday, July 23.

Star Wars Clone Wars Fiction 10:30 A.M. to 11:30 A.M.
    Room 7B

Representatives from Lucasfilm, Del Rey, and Dark Horse Comics will join Star Wars authors Stephen Barnes (The Cestus Deception) and Sean Stewart (Dark Rendezvous) for discussion, questions, and answers about Clone Wars literature and comics. Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo is scheduled to moderate.

What's New in Star Wars from Hasbro 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M. Room 9

The makers of the perennially popular Star Wars toys will show off what's coming in their fall 2004 lineup. Expect inside information and answers from the Hasbro staff. And you never know -- there could be a surprise or two in store.

LucasArts 1:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M. Room 2

See the trailers for the hot new LucasArts games, then take some time to ask questions of the producers and staff.

The Official Star Wars Fan Club 2:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. Room 2

Meet staff from Lucasfilm responsible for the Official Star Wars Fan Club, StarWarsShop.com, and starwars.com Hyperspace; and from IDG Entertainment, publishers of Star Wars Insider. Steve Sansweet, head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, moderates a question and answer session on the new Fan Club, magazine and online store.

Star Wars Trivia 3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. Room 1B

Test your skill at Star Wars trivia in this contest sponsored by a local fan club, the San Diego Star Wars Society.

Star Wars Continuity: Keeping it Straight in the Galaxy Far, Far Away 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Room 7B

It's a big galaxy. Popular Star Wars novelists Timothy Zahn and Greg Keyes, and comic book author Jeremy Barlow join staffers from Lucasfilm and Del Rey to discuss just how they keep track of all those planets, characters, and aliens. Come listen in and ask some questions.

Star Wars Activities On Other days:

Thursday Night:

Star Wars Fan Film Awards, 8:30 P.M., Room 20

Saturday:

Official Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast, Marriott Hotel & Marina. Order tickets from StarWarsShop.com.

Star Wars Spectacular with Lucasfilm's Steve Sansweet and guests, 12:00 Noon, Hall H

Sunday:

Kids! Learn to Draw Star Wars with Artist Joe Corroney, 12:30 P.M., Room 1A

5. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I wanna go to the "learn to draw Star Wars" thing. I hope it's not for kids only. :)

6. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Hell yes. My Twi'lek's tend to look like goats.

7. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    LOL....at least you two CAN draw!

8. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  10. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    C2 Ventures to host Star Wars actors at Comic-Con International

C2 Ventures, the company who brought you the massive autograph program at the official Star Wars elebration II convention, is now proud to announce the addition of celebrity actors from the Star Wars Saga at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con.

Actors appearing in the C2 Ventures booth located inside the Star Wars Pavilion include:

Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker)
    Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia)
    Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker)
    Ray Park (Darth Maul)
    Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
    Kenny Baker (R2-D2)
    Amy Allen (Aayla Secura)
    Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)
    Daniel Logan (young Boba Fett)
    Shannon McRandle (EU Model: Mara Jade).

C2 Ventures will once again be printing special 8x10 and 11x14 character photos which will have a special convention exclusive logo, and will be limited in quantity, making instant collectibles for early customers.

Customers may purchase their autograph coupons at the C2 Ventures booth and receive a priority autograph number which should minimize your wait time for our headline guests. No need to wait in line behind hundreds of other attendees, just wait till your ticket number is posted to get in line.

Please note: For a list of fees, see the C2 Ventures booth at the convention. Actor appearances are subject to professional commitments. As some actors are only appearing on certain dates, please see our signing schedule here: www.seetwo.com. Visa,
    Mastercard and Discover will be accepted for autograph coupons as will cash and travel checks. Due to the limited signing time with our headline guests, no personal photos will be allowed.

Have your checkbooks ready kids...

11. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Going to line up for those Jake Lloyd sigs? :~)

j/k

The lines for Carrie Fisher were insanely long at Cel II!

12. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  13. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I think Kelsey and I are working in the Fan Club booth. We finally got a confirmation but haven't heard anything else since then.

14. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Sounds cool. No more worrying about standing in line for your "Super-Special-Silver-Sandtrooper-Figure-Of-Collecting-Might"TM.

15. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  16. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  17. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Now for a change from the recent "exhibitor-focused" post, here is the complete Autograph Area schedule for Comic-Con 2004:

Autograph Area
    Schedule for 2004

Numerous Star Wars celebrities will be making appearences, including Timothy Zahn, Terry Brooks, Greg Keyes, Mark Hamill, Steven Barnes, Kevin J. Anderson, Rebecca Moesta, and Mark Cotta Vaz.

18. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    I saw Carrie Fisher on your list earlier, Keiran, but I don't see her on the official list. Did she drop out? I was really hoping to get her autograph on the pic I have of Luke and Leia together, that Mark Hamill has already signed.

19. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    She's still attending as far as I know. The C2 Ventures list I posted earlier lists celebrities who will be signing at the Lucasfilm Pavilion in the Exhibit Hall. :)

20. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay, but do you know which day she'll be there? I really have to plan this ahead of time, since I will most likely take the train down there...

21. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  22. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Good, she's there on Saturday. Looks like it's a go for me, providing I can rustle up the moola...

23. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Random info I found elsewhere...:~)

***eBay Will Be at Comic-Con International in San Diego from July 22-25***
    Date: 07/19/04 Time: 12:28:43 PM PDT

If you're attending Comic-Con International in San Diego, CA from July 22nd through the 25th, make sure you stop by the eBay booth! It will be equipped with computer terminals and will also offer 30-minute one-on-one Seller Scalability sessions.
    Attendees may also want to take advantage of the following eBay seminars for both beginning and advanced sellers:

Introduction to Selling on eBay will be held:

Thursday, July 22nd, from 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM in Room 2
    Saturday, July 25th, from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM in Room 9.
    Beyond the Basics: Advanced Selling on eBay will be held:

Friday, July 23rd, from 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM in Room 9
    Sunday, July 25th, from 1:00 PM to 2:00PM in Room 9.
    Regards,
    eBay

24. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
  25. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    This is gonna be fun. Four of us are leaving tomorrow night, driving down to our friend's apartment near UCSD, and staying with him. He'll be coming with us on Thursday.

We won't be able to make Preview Night though. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.