San Fran, CA COMIC-CON July 19 - 23, 2006

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    It also seems like every year at the time of CC, the Giants play the Padres, and they alternate between playing in SF and San Diego. This year, its SF, and if they're in SD next year, I plan on going. It's right across the street from the convention center! :)
  2. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's a list of celebrities who will be signing in the AUTOGRAPH area (Sails Pavillion). This does NOT include people signing on the Exhibit Floor (i.e. Official Pix):

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_autographs.shtml
  3. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    hi guys. i got my master replicas volunteer schedule. i'll be working their booth thursday 1-4pm and sunday 10-1pm. i would of loved to volunteer the official pix booth but they are asking for working 5 hours straight. thats practically one day lost.
  4. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's the location of the Master Replicas Party:

WESTIN HORTON PLAZA
    910 Broadway Circle
    City Terrace Pavillion (4th Floor)

7:30 - 10:00 pm
  5. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    did they tell u who u will be paired up with for your official pix hours matt?
  6. AKAI_FETT Jedi Master

star 4
    Can not going now. I just got word that the appartments downtown that I want to move into, is having an open house Saturday and Sunday. And I reeeeallllly want the place. See you dudes when you get back. Also, if i give anyone money, can you get me the Shock trooper bust?
  7. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll be paired up with Dale, Kevin.

Lou, sorry you can't go. :( Unfortunately, the Shocktroopers are all SOLD OUT! However, I heard that they may have a few extra laying around on Preview Night.
  8. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Guys, here are the meeting notes from Saturday. Sorry they are a little late. People have a lot of various activities going on so it's best to keep your cell phone close so we can all stay in touch and coordinate. Here is our hotel information. It's the Hawthorne Suites, 619-299-3501. Right now the rooms are under the name Robert Lee.

Preview night- registration starts at 3pm. preview night starts at 6pm. After the con, there is the fan force dinner. Since dinner will be late (around 9:30) it's best to get some snacks during the evening. Matt also suggested we do our group picture that night so it would be a good time to wear your SFFF shirts if you have them.

Thursday- Thanks for finding out we can walk to the concert Kathy. We can pick a spot to meet at the convention and then all walk over. It starts at 8:15 and since lawn seating is first come first serve, we should get there a little early to get good spots. I'm planning on just wearing jeans and a t-shirt, given we will be sitting on the ground. I'm also bring a blanket. We should probably try to eat something beforehand since food there will be very limited probably.

Friday- Star Wars Day- Lots of SW stuff going on. The RL photo shoot is this morning at 9:30. That night is the 501st dinner and the MR party. There are some people going to both and some only going to one or the other. I know the dinner lasts longer than the party so maybe we should make that the meeting place at the end of the night to cordinate rides home.

Saturday- 501st photo shoot in morning. There is also talk of trying to go out this night to a club or something.
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Just found out that the 501st dinner and the Master Replicas party are only .6 miles apart! :D
  10. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the schedule for the Master Replicas Booth. As you can see, there are still shifts available for volunteers.

Wednesday, July 19

6 pm - 9 pm
    Robert Lee
    William Elizondo
    Houkje Crismon
    Ming Pan

Thursday, July 20
    10 am - 1 pm
    Klaus Suglia
    Gabrielle Suglia
    Robert Lee
    Ming Pan

1 pm - 4 pm
    Charles Black
    Kevin Delane
    Jose Medina
    Mauricio Antunez

4 pm - 7pm
    Bruce Cruikshank
    Tracey Wood
    Lawrence
    Allison Sills
    Jose Medina
    Mauricio Antunez

Friday, July 21
    10 sm - 1 pm
    Ming Pan

1 pm - 4 pm
    Craig Southerland
    Bruce Cruikdhank
    Donna Keeley

4 pm - 7 pm
    Craig Southerland
    Bruce Cruikshank

Saturday, July 22

10 am - 1 pm

Klaus Suglia
    Gabrielle Suglia
    Craig Southerland
    Ricci Struble
    Bruce Cruikshank
    Tracey Wood
    Donna Keeley

1 pm - 4 pm
    Craig Southerland
    Ricci Struble
    Bruce Cruikshank
    Tracey Wood
    Jose Medina

4 pm - 7pm
    Craig Southerland
    Ricci Struble
    Bruce Cruikshank

Sunday, July 23
    10 am - 1 pm
    Robert Lee
    Kevin Delane
    Bruce Cruikshank
    Tracey Wood

1 pm - 5 pm

There are still plenty of time available.

From Travis Allen "As you can see, there are a few holes?if anyone can volunteer some more time (either Friday morning, or Sunday afternoon) please let me know. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you at the show. Please try to be at the booth (# 2913) at least 15 minutes prior to your shift (with the exception of the 10 am shift, of course). Check in with either myself, or Amy Blanchard!"
  11. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, I noticed that the 501st dinner was at horton plaza - the place that the hotel with the MR party is adjacent to.

Whaaa! I'm so jealous of you guys going to the MR party! I was soooo close to purchasing a membership so I could go - but for the hour or so I'd be there I just had to tell myself it's not worth it.
  12. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Leah, Kathy! Just volunteer for friday morning. They were looking for more people! :)

13. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Based on previous years... what are the temperatures likely to be like inside the con? Are we talking hot and stuffy, or air conditioned to the point that it's more comfortable to wear jeans and long sleeves?

Rachel, thanks so much for taking minutes of the meeting and posting the notes! It's a huge help. :)
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Inside the con, jeans and a t-shirt are fine. It's been pretty cool in there from my experience.

Oh, and Official Pix has posted their prices for autographs:

Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) Fri Only, autograph $20

Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia) Fri/Sat Only, autograph $35

Daniel Logan (Young Boba Fett) Sat Only, autograph $20

Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett) Thurs-Sun, autograph $20

Dave Prowse (Darth Vader) Thurs-Sun, autograph $30

Don't forget to stop by their booth to find out about getting a ticket (i.e. Fast Pass)for Carrie's autograph, so you don't need to wait in line for a long time.
  15. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    wow the price went up a little for autographs! i remember a few years back daniel and amy's autographs were $10. see u guys at san diego! i'm leaving tonight to drive down with friends.
  16. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Um, there are things I want to see and do at the convention - so volunteering for the booth is something I decided against. Besides, I had heard that booth volunteers were not guaranteed to get into the party. From the open blocks, I think Sunday afternoon is the only time I'd consider since there isn't much going on at the convention at that time. But since I can't volunteer for the booth befor the party, I don't see how I can get in.

- kathy

RE signing up for MR booth: *edit* OK I just tried to send an e-mail with a shift request but Mr Allen is already out of town for comic-con and not taking e-mail. Is there an alternate way to sign up for a shift at this late date?
  17. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    At preview night maybe just ask them in person.
  18. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Man, do I feel old. Got all the OT Autographs YEARS ago..when they were still free!.. Plus I remember the huge SCANDAL that erupted with Anthony Daniels actually "gasp" charging for an autograph. LOL
  19. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow. I did read that most of the guests are required to sign the Souvenir program book for free (one per fan who asks). I may just buy a book and get THAT signed.
  20. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Just stopping by the booth and asking if the still needed volunteers for Sunday :)

- Kathy
  21. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kathy, I'm not getting into the MR party either, so I can guarentee some company at the dinner friday night. I decided not to volunteer either because I figure I will want to have time to look around, since it's my first time at the con.
  22. NivekSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    so when we volunteer to work the MR booth we DON'T get to go to the MR party? that totally sucks! i was looking fwd to going to the MR party.
  23. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Twelve hours til touch down!
  24. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    We never got confirmation that it would get you in the party. Unless someone heard otherwise and didn't post the news (last Robert posted, they said they were still looking into that).

- Kathy
  25. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    So much for the idea of getting to sleep early. [face_plain]

But on the bright side: I actually hadn't looked at the full schedule for Sat till just a few minutes ago. And... oh, my! Happy, joyful Stargate fun! Look at how many of the actors are going to be at that panel...! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.