COMIC-CON July 19 - 23, 2006

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Ugh, it's 12:30am and I'm still not done packing. I also have to mend my Leia necklace so that's gonna take another hour or so. I'll be sleepy tomorrow night.

So why am I online? Had to clear out my memory card on my camera and store all my photos. :)

- kay dee
  2. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    well considering the Marketing manager said so, I will say yes. He is handling the party with the Customer Care manager as well.
  3. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the update. I should have signed up sooner!

- kathy
  4. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought of you when I saw Stargate was on the panel list!
  5. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe the sign up posts for MR from the head guy Travis says that volunteers for MR will be able to go to the MR party.
  6. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    It was great seeing you guys! Matt, your Lord of the Jedi pose seriously made my night when I was flipping through pictures tonight. [face_laugh]
  7. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, here is a link to all the pictures I took at Comic-Con. Photos are divided into four galleries - pirates, 501st, Rebel Legion, and then random odds and ends. I've only annotated a few of them so far, but at least they're available to anyone who wants to right-click and save. They are FULL SIZE, so if you want a high resolution pic, just click on it until you get the large size and save away!

Thanks for the t-shirt, Matt!

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/gallery/0002wa09

Also...in case anybody wanted to see the masquerade entry I was involved in: PDQ Pirates! We're on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE0R2iFc4vg&search=comic-con

- Kai
  8. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the link to the pics Kai! I was wondering if you were part of the Pirates entry (I think you had done the Firefly skit with Caitlin last year?). Congrats on your win. I was bummed I didn't find you guys roaming the halls on Sunday. I really wanted to see the costumes up close :( They looked fantastic on stage though!

- kay dee

P.S. May I link to your gallery through the SFFF Web Site?
  9. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course, you may! :)

And yeah, I was one of the two generic pirates in the skit (I just look very different in a long brown, braided, beaded wig!). I wanted to roam the halls Sunday as a pirate, but instead we met up at the tall ships in the harbor, did lots of photos there, and then when I got back to the room to pack up, I just collapsed in the heat (not literally, but I felt yucky). So, I stripped off the gear and the wig and just went in civvies.

- Kai

10. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here's a link to the Golden Gate Garrison photos:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/comiccon2006
  11. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Ugh, I bet the heat killed you guys :( Just walking from the hotel 2 blocks away to the con was enough to make me sweat.

I saw Caitlin's pics on the ship, what a great idea! I guess if you were all off doing the photo shoot, that would explain why I didn't see you any of you on Sunday. Maybe Caitlin will wear her costume again next year (I really wanted to see her Elizabeth dress she'd been mentioning in her journal!)
  12. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    She did a great job on it, she really did. I know that our Norrington, Will, our "Entire Royal Navy" and I think Caitlin DID actually hit the convention floor after the shipboard shoot. I and the other generic pirate were the wimps. WIMPY PIRATES! She dressed up in my Kaylee costume to play and I got into a pink Darth Vader shirt and cargo pants and felt a LOT better. :)
  13. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    My own photos are on my web site:

Kay Dee's Comic-Con photos

A huge thanks to Rachel for helping man my camera (and Sister_Sola's) Friday morning and Sunday. Thanks to Alison too for saving me seats in a few panels so I could try to take photos and see a few other things at the con.

Next I'll go through Matt & Robert's photos. Sorry, I don't begin to have time to photoshop in saber blades. I crop and take care of bad red-eye, resize the photos, and code all the html pages. So if it's important for people to have blades or effects in their pics perhaps add those effects before giving me photos?

I know Rachel has photos to give me once she gets them developed. Will Albert also be donating photos? Anyone else I'm missing?

- kay dee
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll have to contact Britt for a link to his pics, and Albert has given permission to have link to his.

Kathy, make sure you don't put up some of my pics that aren't supposed to be there. I have some that I took in Chula Vista on Sunday of my godkids and of a villa. Also, Dale will fix and send you Leah's membership photo that was taken on Preview Night. The group photo in front of Ghiradelli needs to be cropped and zoomed as well. Finally, you can go ahead and post the ones of Amy Allen and Daniel Logan with the SFFF shirts under "Honorary Members" on the SFFF website.
  15. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I wouldn't put up family photos ;)

OK, I'll just link to Alberts pics as usual. However, in the past he has given Dale photos to put on our site and he made it sound like that was OK if there were any we wanted this time. I just didn't get his contact information.

Whaaa? How did I miss out on our group photo? Nobody told me about it.. whaaaaaa! :( Wish I could have been there for the presenting of the shirts, but I can't be in all places at all times *sigh*

- kay dee
  16. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    '

Have to admit..Captain Jack was being a VERY wimpy pirate Sunday morning as well. [face_whistling] :D Just too exhausted to go down and play on the boats..um..SHIPS...play on the SHIPS!!!! [face_laugh]
  17. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    been at the Rum the night before, eh, Cap'n? ;)

Or is it that it's bad luck to wake a man when he's sleepin'?
  18. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, but fortunately I know how to counter the bad luck...

AND look at this

http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/articles/3387361.html

Somehow, someway I'm heading down this weekend...ME SHIP IS THERE!!! LOL
  19. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I know you all had lots of fun in San Diego! Well, guess what!? I could have gone!

My boss went on vacation for a month, and before she left, this reminder kept popping up in her Outlook calendar, "Wine Vacation." She didn't know what it was, thought it might have something to do with the Wine auction we're having in November, so she 'snoozed' it.

Turns out, it was MY vacation!!!! I have nine days coming this year, 2006, that I must use by 12/31/06!!!

AUGH!!!

EDIT: That's right, my own boss forgot my last name!

20. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    That's too bad, Anne. :( But on the other hand, I don't think you could have walked all day in that heat.
  21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    Heat? What's a little heat? It was 110 to 112 here over the weekend! San Diego would probably have been quite cool! And we don't have air conditioning in the house!
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, but there was the body heat of the 100,000 people crammed inside! ;)
  23. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    /\ Yup..and in some places it was..."Ewwwwwwww!" LOL
  24. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Harlock says there was humidity on top of the heat. So it was miserable.

This message has been brought to you by the letter 'B' and the number 48. B is for basher. B is also for ban. The number 48 is the number of hours a basher has been banned. You have been warned. Let not a similar incident befall any of you fine people.
  25. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Geez, banned again? I thought I'd be the first person to be banned twice... darn... You beat me to it! Ah well...

Although in this case I'd seriously like to know what the accusations are against Harlock to have him banned twice... I'm half-way tempted to take this up with the higher ups in TF.n. While the other half wants to discuss "freedom of speech" with all the good folks here. Still I don't have all the facts and I am retired... HOWEVER... if this has any effect on club business and fandom as a whole...... I guess I will interfer. So mods... or who ever monitors us? It doesn't matter! WHAT SAY YOU? o_O (a PM will do, thanks!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.